Does anyone remember Nathan Aaron and John Crouch?

bigbobcat

Was that the year they only lost 1 game.  I used to see a banner at Celina's old gym that had a record of like 36-1 or something along that line.  Is that correct?

825631843[/snapback]

It was actually the year after that, I think. They lost two games that year and won 36. The Dogs had a three-year run where they won 108 games and lost 6. Bolton beat them in the state tourney every year.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, how about some other names from the ole Tri-Lakes Conference which included the following teams: Celina, Gainesboro, Gordonsville, Spencer, Rickman, Clarkrange, Monterey, Red Boiling Springs, Hermitage Springs, Byrdstown and Upperman.  Talk about a super conference!  You played 18 district games!  It was TOUGH!  See if you remember any of these names:

Gordonsville:  Jeff Braswell, Jimmy Preston, Bobby Lancaster,Ricky Hayes, Tommy Angel

Rickman:Ronny Spivey, Tony Newberry, Donnie Staggs, Roger Rose, Frank Dial, Jeff Bilbrey, Jon Miller.

Gainesboro: Randy Herrin, Billy Crowder, Timmy Bowman, Tracy Craighead, David Ward, Kyle(?) Bybee, Doug(?) Dycus.

Hermitage Springs: Donnie(?) Birdwell, Larry Clements, Jeff Clements, Darrell Cross, Jeff Likens, Ricky Leonard, Bart Clements.

Red Boiling Springs: Hugh Clark, Danny Saddler, Ronnie Pitcock, Kevin Ferguson, Paul Tuck, Buddy Leonard, Ricky Spivey, also had a Roark kid that was very good.

Celina: ( GOSH WHERE DO I START!) James Bartlett, Tim Boles, Mark Strong, Gary Strong, Mike Strong, Paul Korth, Jimmy Hull, Kevin Westmoreland, Bobby Westmoreland, Neil Bartlett, Jessie Watson, Darrell Reecer, Dwayne Reecer, Doug Strong, Joey Coe, Jeff Arms, Tracy Strong, Mark Ashlock, (?) McClearren, Chris Burnette, And I know I'm leaving some out!!!!!!!

Byrdstown:  Steve Asberry, James Parris, Jerry Kinchen, David Walker, Billy Warden, Bobby Storie, Jeff Stephens, Kendall Huddleston, David Davis, Tony Cross, Teddy Martin, Joey Russell, Chris Smith, Eric Mitchell, Eugene Parris, Jason Meadows, Steven Melton, Joseph Amonett, Matt Crouch, Brad Flowers, Lee Amonett, Todd Pennycuff, Nathan Aaron, Joseph Bailey, AND OTHERS!!!!

Spencer:Mike Martin, Mike Hitchcock, Bobby Roberts, Tracey Curtis, Ken Delong,(?) Hillis,

Clarkrange:Randall Farley, Ditto Stults, Dwayne Atkinson, Greg Sisco, Mark Truslow, Kevin Garrett, Russell Tayes, (?) Ramsey,

Upperman:  Mike Palmer, Garry Medley, Rodger Medley, Larry Hensley,Gary Mott,Bunker Stout, Mark Massa, Jeff Davidson, Carson Herren, Allen Christian, Danny Simmons, Larry Case, Kevin Case, Kendal Case, Edgar Robertson, Tommy Apple, Ernie Julian,  Jeff Gibbons, AND OTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Monterey:  Randy Earley, Randy Peters, Mike Bray, Reed Wilson, Wayne Phillips, Phil Jackson, Russell Reams, Skip Overstreet, Thomas Buttram, Tommy Sandlin, Art Castle, Roger Castle, Jimmy Coppinger, Mike West,

I have been following ole District 7-A since 1972 and these are just a few off the top of my head players that I remembered.  I may not have all of the first names correct and I may have left out many good players.  But I didn't do it on purpose.  Feel free to add any names that you can think of to the list.  I think it is fun to think about the older guys.  Asberry hit for 56 at York(if you going to hit for 56 it might as well be against a big dog!) imagine if there had been a 3 point line, he probably would have scored at least 68 or 70 points!

Hope you enjoy this partical list!                  Coach D.

825630380[/snapback]

You might want to add Howard Miller to the Rickman list. He's the best to ever play there in my opinion.

It was actually the year after that, I think. They lost two games that year and won 36. The Dogs had a three-year run where they won 108 games and lost 6. Bolton beat them in the state tourney every year.

825631898[/snapback]

That is pretty remarkable to win 108 games in 3 years. That's something that doesn't happen much in high school basketball.

hey rocking chair and 66 wildcat , the guy dawg is talking about name was rick brawner not r. brewer.

825633900[/snapback]

I've never heqrd of anyone named Rick Brawner that played for Rickman. I'll check on it though. I just checked. He played with John West and his brother David Brawner. He played some juco ball in Fla. and then went to Texas, started a health/physical fitness type of business. This turned into a chain of businesses and the man is now a millionaire. I don't know but this is what my Rickman connection told me. ;):D

Red Boiling Springs: Hugh Clark, Danny Saddler, Ronnie Pitcock, Kevin Ferguson, Paul Tuck, Buddy Leonard, Ricky Spivey, also had a Roark kid that was very good.

825630380[/snapback]

They are quite a bit older than me, but I have always been told that two of the better ones to ever play at RBS was Joey Woodard and Ricky McClure! I played against Ricky a few weeks ago in a charity tournament and that man can still shot the daylights out of the ball!

They are quite a bit older than me, but I have always been told that two of the better ones to ever play at RBS was Joey Woodard and Ricky McClure! I played against Ricky a few weeks ago in a charity tournament and that man can still shot the daylights out of the ball!

825635521[/snapback]

Those were two of the best ones to play in the old 7A,both were classmates of mine.