monterey splits double header with livingston acad

walker66

I noticed on Monterey's schedule that a lot of the game dates list 2 games. Which one against Livingston was Varsity, and which one was JV? Same for Jackson County scores. We're not listing our JV because we've been playing 3 innings and batting 5 players. It sort of makes the scores and records look unreal.

Edited by crazyvolfan

OK, thanks. I was just wondering because the Hermitage Springs game on April the 7th has 2 games listed and I'm pretty sure one of those games is JV or else that would put us playing each other 3 times within the district. We only have one game listed for that day on our schedules we handed out to the players & parents.

Is Ashley pitching both games every night? It looks like one game the scores will be low and then the other game it looks like everyone got on a hitting rally.

Best wishes for the season!

Guest eaglemgr
Tara Taylor Pitched the first game

Ashley Pitched the second game

Why didn't Ashley Howard pitch in either one of these games. I believe that the score in the one that LA lost would have been different. LA might have won that game or the score might have been closer.

I know the doubleheader with Jackson County was two 5 inning Varstiy games. JC won the first one 5-4 on a single with two outs in the bottom of the 5th. JC had a 11-7 lead in the second game and lost the game 12-11 on a late rally by Monterey. No JV in those scores. thumb

Why didn't Ashley Howard pitch in either one of these games.  I believe that the score in the one that LA lost would have been different.  LA might have won that game or the score might have been closer.

825623721[/snapback]

Ashley did pitch for the first two or three innings of the second game but was taken out and put in the outfield because of the number of runs being scored. Tara couldn't pitch the second game because her arm was hurting, and I think the score would've been different if she would've pitched the second game too. But who knows... Monterey was on a big hitting spree that second game. I guess it doesn't matter anymore. Good luck to them with their season.

I don't think that pitching made that big of a difference in the second game. Monterey was hitting the ball good the first game but LA had great defence. The second game would have been a good game if LA would have played like they know how to! (Monterey had 3 big hits the second game)LA made alot of fundamental mistakes. Things they had learned when they were younger. I have a felling that we will see more of this type game untill these girls go back to what they know!!! You have half the team that is serious & then the other half who is just out there to be seen!! Don't get me wrong..this sport is made to be fun & have a good time but there is a line! Once you cross that white line you need to play ball & don't be a JOKE! If you do something funny :D it's ok to laugh but then you straighten up and make the next play!! I can tell that only 3 of 4 of these girls ever played for Coach McCormick...those few who did know what it's about. You girls could go a long way..if you'll try. B)

You need to remember 3 things

1. You have to respect your coach.

2. You have to have faith in your ability, if you don't NO ONE else will.

3. For 2 hours(how ever long the game takes) put everything else aside. Give it everything you've got..don't hold anything back. If you mess up make up for it.

A great coach once told me, What I had I gave..what I kept was lost forever.

Edited by Turnadouble

Guest eaglemgr
I can tell that only 3 of 4 of these girls ever played for Coach McCormick

I don't think any of these girls played for Coach McCormick. I believe Coach McCormick was gone when these girls was in the eighth grade. I may be wrong on that.

I don't think any of these girls played for Coach McCormick.  I believe Coach McCormick was gone when these girls was in the eighth grade.  I may be wrong on that.

825626030[/snapback]

2002 was his last year :justwrestle: . A few of these seniors were freshmans.......

Edited by Turnadouble