Best Pitcher in 9AAA

SmyrnaStunner20

ha ha ha well i think we all know what your full of.  why dont you drive over to lavergne if you really want to know who the best pitcher is in 9-aaa

825627509[/snapback]

Well what exactly is he full of? We all know that LaVergne has been going down hill since they won state a couple years back.....

ha ha ha well i think we all know what your full of.  why dont you drive over to lavergne if you really want to know who the best pitcher is in 9-aaa

825627509[/snapback]

Isnt LaVergne's ace(Ryan O'Neal) like hurt or something? Or at least that's who y'alls coach told me was goign to be your ace. Other than him you have....Cole Harington...? Enough Said.

In my opinion, 9AAA's best pitcher will not pitch this year and that is Beech's Zach Hendren. From what I heard he messed up his shoulder back in the winter and wont pitch this spring. Some other guys that should be tough to beat will be Brandon McClurg (H'ville), Cody Sullins (WH), Seth McAdams (Beech), Kevin Whittaker (WH), Caleb McGuire (Gallatin), Matt Shao (MJ), Caleb Cotham (MJ). I think most of the top teams from last year lost their #1's so none of these guys are really proven besides McGuire who won the LHP of the Year award for 9AAA last year. Sullins in WH is hurt right now but should be ready to go by early April. Aces for some schools last year that graduated were Toole (WH), Hardy (MJ), Adkins (WC), May (Beech), Parker (WC), Pickett (WH). Smyrna didnt have anybody that they could call an ace last year so until they have a guy that wins more than 10 games this year then you cant call anyone an ace. Same goes for Lavergne.

Uthater501 - I think Alex Meadows of Beech needs to be included on that list. Kid had the lowest ERA on Beech's team last year. Pitching well this year too. Beech was a bit crippled when Hendren went down, but apparently from the way they've been playing lately, they've compensated for it. Great to see that Hendren will be swinging the bat though. :D

In my opinion, 9AAA's best pitcher will not pitch this year and that is Beech's Zach Hendren. From what I heard he messed up his shoulder back in the winter and wont pitch this spring. Some other guys that should be tough to beat will be Brandon McClurg (H'ville), Cody Sullins (WH), Seth McAdams (Beech), Kevin Whittaker (WH), Caleb McGuire (Gallatin), Matt Shao (MJ), Caleb Cotham (MJ).  I think most of the top teams from last year lost their #1's so none of these guys are really proven besides McGuire who won the LHP of the Year award for 9AAA last year. Sullins in WH is hurt right now but should be ready to go by early April. Aces for some schools last year that graduated were Toole (WH), Hardy (MJ), Adkins (WC), May (Beech), Parker (WC), Pickett (WH). Smyrna didnt have anybody that they could call an ace last year so until they have a guy that wins more than 10 games this year then you cant call anyone an ace. Same goes for Lavergne.

825628659[/snapback]

its hard to tell whos Smyrna's ace is but i feel all the starters and very strong this year with all of them throwing over 83 i would like to see smyrna go to state

ok well it might be true that smyrna doesn't have a clear cut ace... but 83.... theres nuthin special about that... an average high school hitter can hit that..... so i mean theres really nuthin to brag about on that.... and as far as the best pitcher is in 9-AAA... we can't tell right now.. because we don't start district til next week... so give it a few weeks in and we will see who can shut down what i feel is one of the if not the toughest district in tennessee......

ok well it might be true that smyrna doesn't have a clear cut ace... but 83.... theres nuthin special about that... an average high school hitter can hit that..... so i mean theres really nuthin to brag about on that.... and as far as the best pitcher is in 9-AAA... we can't tell right now.. because we don't start district til next week... so give it a few weeks in and we will see who can shut down what i feel is one of the if not the toughest district in tennessee......

825632749[/snapback]

That's what i feel is so special about Smyrna. Our slowest starter hits 83, while the others are more mid 80's average with a lot of movement on their fastball. Along with that, they have great breaking stuff. I would say Smyrna's ace is Scott Williams though. Looks like he will be getting the start in the tough district games as much as possible. Now from there in the rotation, I have no clue.

Edited by SHSBaseball905