Seth Skogen

hoopsnpigskin1587

Hey Volsbigd712- :P

That was an ignorant comment-- Have you seen Seth play football? Do you know how tall he is ? (or will be?) how quick he is? how fast he runs the 40?, what kind of hands he has? what kind of aggressive hitter he is? How smart he plays the game?

I am not certain as to what level he could play? -- however- your comments are from complete ignorance-

By the way- have you noticed that Alabama hasn't quite been the powerhouse lately--

You obviously have made many comments on coacht (940)-- I hope they have been much more intelligent and thoughtful or maybe better yet- you should find a new hobby?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rip25

Everyone of you who is bashing Skogen should be ashamed of themselves. The kid is good. Believe me. I have seen football, personally, in the SEC and I have seen it in high school and I have seen the kid play. The Skogen kid is a baller. He has great height, hands, and a nose for the ball. He is a playmaker. You all in the Chattanooga area should know that you can't judge a kid by the size of school he played at. You have to look no further than South Pittsburgh and Eddie Moore. He is a Miami Dolphin and I believe South Pitt is a 1A school. You might say well, South Pitt is a dominate 1A school, well a player like Skogen gets noticed, no matter what team he is on.

But most importantly, don't shatter a kids dream. He might have to walk on at Bama or he might be the best WR to ever sign with Bama, but the kid is still young and let him have his dreams.

I just want to say that I have no affiliation with the Skogens, Temple, or Chattanooga. I don't even know where Tennesse Temple is located except that it is in Chatt.. But I have seen the kid play.

Everyone of you who is bashing Skogen should be ashamed of themselves. The kid is good. Believe me. I have seen football, personally, in the SEC and I have seen it in high school and I have seen the kid play. The Skogen kid is a baller. He has great height, hands, and a nose for the ball. He is a playmaker. You all in the Chattanooga area should know that you can't judge a kid by the size of school he played at. You have to look no further than South Pittsburgh and Eddie Moore. He is a Miami Dolphin and I believe South Pitt is a 1A school. You might say well, South Pitt is a dominate 1A school, well a player like Skogen gets noticed, no matter what team he is on.

But most importantly, don't shatter a kids dream. He might have to walk on at Bama or he might be the best WR to ever sign with Bama, but the kid is still young and let him have his dreams.

I just want to say that I have no affiliation with the Skogens, Temple, or Chattanooga. I don't even know where Tennesse Temple is located except that it is in Chatt.. But I have seen the kid play.

825626883[/snapback]

I think alot of people on hear know who I am, and I have seen the kid play and he is one of the best sophomores I have seen in a while, at any level 1a thru 5a, he would have started on any team in Chattanooga last year, somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

as long as seth works hard i think he will go were he wants to go.witch he dies work hard so they wont be a problem an who ever said he wasnt that big maybe you should go stand next to him he is pretty big an strong he is about 6'4 an in between 205-215 lb so i dont think he is little i think a college would love to have his size an he really loves football thats all me an him talk about all day an he does liek alabama but thats not were he has his mind set to go but if he wants to i think he can work at it an go thumb

I am assuming he can get some exposure at camps in the summer. I think Temple starts actually region football next year so maybe he will get some more attention.

IF he plays football at the college level, what would he play? Tight end? He is not fast enough to play wide reciever.

It is really hard to say what he will be able to do. I don't think he can do ANYTHING he sets his mind to but it will be interesting to see how well he does in the next two years.

Should be interesting to see if Temple can put together a team that can play with some of the big dogs. They have some skill players but I would think they would get crushed by some of the bigger teams.

I am assuming he can get some exposure at camps in the summer.  I think Temple starts actually region football next year so maybe he will get some more attention.

IF he plays football at the college level, what would he play?  Tight end?  He is not fast enough to play wide reciever.

It is really hard to say what he will be able to do.  I don't think he can do ANYTHING he sets his mind to but it will be interesting to see how well he does in the next two years. 

Should be interesting to see if Temple can put together a team that can play with some of the big dogs.  They have some skill players but I would think they would get crushed by some of the bigger teams.

825636029[/snapback]

Well on the schedule I dont see too many big teams. And although others opinions may vary from mine I think we can play w/ anyteam on our schedule and theres a great possibility that we could win every one of them. I see Sequatchie as being the best team on our schedule bc of there size. And as we know our line isnt our strongpoint( not taking any credit from our lineman bc all of them play there hearts out). But it doesnt have to be considering we're a passing team out of the shotgun. We're not as good as Boyd Buc yet as everyone knows, and probably never will be. But I believe we can be successful next year and could possibly go to the 3rd or 4th week of the playoffs. Its a possiblility. thumb

well keep in mind he just finished his soph. year an has two years left to get faster witch he is already working on know an he has nice speed already but does need to get faster for saturdays plus if you look college teams are looking for big recievers cause its hard for the little def.backs to stop them look at turner going usc im not comparing seth to him at all but he wasnt that fast so he has 2 years to work at it an its going to be exciting to watch him well for me play with him

I hope someone holds me to this, if Seth Skogen gets to goto Alabama and play football at a higher level than intramurals and recieves quality playing time, I will sell me truck and donate all the money to the Athletic Department @ TTA.

If he was going to goto some SEC school, they would have alreay started talking to him. The kid might be good, but there is no way in H-E-Double Hockey Sticks that he is Alabama good. Alabama may have had sub-par seasons (compared to traditional Alabama seasons), but even those teams were too good for him. Ya'll don't seem to realize, that at a school like Alabama, the men's and women's basketball teams could have had undefeated seasons and won the Final Four, and people still would talk about 'Bama.

If he wants to play D-1 football, he needs to look @ SunBelt or C-USA schools. The SEC is the best football conference bar-none year in, year out.

Seth Skogen Football talent ≠ SEC Football

Seth, maybe you can use this for bulletin board material, but I just don't see it happening.

I hope someone holds me to this, if Seth Skogen gets to goto Alabama and play football at a higher level than intramurals and recieves quality playing time, I will sell me truck and donate all the money to the Athletic Department @ TTA.

If he was going to goto some SEC school, they would have alreay started talking to him. The kid might be good, but there is no way in H-E-Double Hockey Sticks that he is Alabama good. Alabama may have had sub-par seasons (compared to traditional Alabama seasons), but even those teams were too good for him. Ya'll don't seem to realize, that at a school like Alabama, the men's and women's basketball teams could have had undefeated seasons and won the Final Four, and people still would talk about 'Bama.

If he wants to play D-1 football, he needs to look @ SunBelt or C-USA schools. The SEC is the best football conference bar-none year in, year out.

Seth Skogen Football talent ≠ SEC Football

Seth, maybe you can use this for bulletin board material, but I just don't see it happening.

825636681[/snapback]

Hey thats your opinion and you def. have a right to express that. But some of your statements are untrue. Just bc the SEC is the best conference in NCAA doesnt mean that some of the lower teams are hard to get recognition from them, such as Vandy, Kentucky, Miss. State. Also you said if he is goin to go to a SEC school they would already be talking to him, thats not true esp. since he is a soph. and you cant legally recruit sophomores. People can improve tremendously over just a years time. I dont even think Seth wants to go to Alabama.(they dont throw to there tight ends as he told me) Anyways I think is a good player and can play the D-1 level in the future. Maybe SEC maybe somewhere else.