The "REALEST" Student Section EVER!

BigRoyalBen

So, after watching the Royals go down on Friday night, after putting up the best game they could have played (Sorry, but MLK is getting no respect for how close they played Bolivar), I stayed to watch the AAA games at the Murphy Center. After getting to watch the Delk twins beat up on Hillsboro, I was about to get up and leave untill I started to talk to a couple from siegel. I had read a lot on Coach T about the Nation and they convinced me to stay and watch the team, but more so the student section. I WAS AMAZED... especially for a two year program. All of you who know me know that I lead my school's student section at MLK, but the Nation puts me to shame. Even though the tourney was held in their hometown, It was crazy just how many came out. After continuous talking with the couple behind me (who by they way was the siegel girls volleyball coach and her husband was a baseball assistant at siegel), I anxiously awaited siegel to get a free-throw because they assured me that the chant off a made one would be like nothing I had ever heard. DID YOU SEE THAT MESS?!? DANG!! How original and well organized... I mean the whole fan section, it was a true fan's dream. Then was the great chant/distraction of the Ridgeway players when they shot free throws... All in all I was more impressed with the Student Section than with the team. What a show.. Just thought I would tell yall to keep it up a fan base like that can boost any team, especially with who you got coming back... Just keep cheering and they'll keep winning..

BIG BEN

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanx for the props Ben...Hah you talked to Coach Palk....prolly coolest teacher at Siegel gotta love that lady. I was one of the ones in the front row with the war paint on.

We got a rule of cheer or leave....no standing with us unless your cheering. Def wans't easy to get started but now the whole school lives for it....schedule work and even teachers schedule tests around the games hah. It has def blown up in the biggest of ways and we have made sure it wont die down anytime soon. Even got the middle school kids doin it at their games

thanx for the props Ben...Hah you talked to Coach Palk....prolly coolest teacher at Siegel gotta love that lady.  I was one of the ones in the front row with the war paint on. 

We got a rule of cheer or leave....no standing with us unless your cheering.  Def wans't easy to get started but now the whole school lives for it....schedule work and even teachers schedule tests around the games hah.  It has def blown up in the biggest of ways and we have made sure it wont die down anytime soon.  Even got the middle school kids doin it at their games

825625706[/snapback]

I really dont care too much about Siegel but I have to admit they have the best student section I have ever seen, there are actually some discussions at various middle schools in Murfreesboro to get student sections going, it is amazing you all are pioneers, the one thing that bothered me was there were blackman basketball players in Siegels student section,they even had on Siegel nation caps thats a bit much in my opinion

...man im going to miss you guys...I might have to make an appearance or 2 at the games next year... :justwrestle: ...you will save me a seat and a shirt right

825626068[/snapback]

I know how you feel man, being a senior myself I am going to miss the games. But yall keep doing what your doing Harris and if anyone wants to rip yall and say your blowing smoke, come find me and I'll let them know just how "real" the siegel Nation really is...

BIG BEN

I really dont care too much about Siegel but I have to admit they have the best student section I have ever seen, there are actually some discussions at various middle schools in Murfreesboro to get student sections going, it is amazing you all are pioneers, the one thing that bothered me was there were blackman basketball players in Siegels student section,they even had on Siegel nation caps thats a bit much in my opinion

825626093[/snapback]

hah if your talking about Isaih Phillips (sp) he had permission def...

and about middle schools.....a few of us went to the siegel middle vs. central game to make sure they were getting started earlier....they already all stand and chant a lil....wont due for high school but its better than most middle school kids who go to the concession stands and socialize