District 10AA

rolltide418

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first question to the moderator of this board is why has this thread not been locked. This is nothing more character assasination. I enjoy coach T, but it amazes me how the moderators will allow anything and everything to be said about a coach and yet the moment something like the Cheat'UM County incident is posted a thread is locked and edited. I have sat by and watched Waverly's football, boys basketball, girls basketball, and now softball coach's be ripped by disgruntled people with axes to grind. Anyone can hide behind a screen name and take shots at someone's character. NVGV if you have issues with Waverly's softball coach why haven't you met with him face to face. I think we all know why, because you don't have the guts nor the facts to back you up. It is hard to sit by and watch you attack on the most successful softball coaches in this area and state. Your comment about benching the girl because a college coach had come to watch her play is hilarious. Especially considering the fact the for the last 10 years any Waverly Senior with an interest in playing college ball has been aided and been able to get at least a partial ride to school. I will tell you this I have no problem with hiding behind a screen name. I stand right by the Coach in each and every huddle. If you can't find me there I'm over in the first base coaching box. Is that clear enough! For JP Tiger this board is for discussion of high school sports it is not to trash the character and reputation of coaches or players by unhappy parents. Again this thread should be LOCKED, EDITED, AND NVGV should never be allowed to post again if their posts even resemble this trash. B)

Littlegar, what did i do? I made two comments. One of those i deleted because i dont want to get in this, and the other is still there. I do not know why you have to tell me what the board is here for. I have done nothing but read this post.

For JP Tiger this board is for discussion of high school sports it is not to trash the character and reputation of coaches or players by unhappy parents.
As for that statement i agree, sorry for the sour grapes someone posted, but hey.... i'm a spectator.

I don't think the moderators are able to check every single post. If you don't like a post report it. There is a button to do so. I don't think the moderators will lock a board for someone's opinion unless there is name calling or other very personal remarks. I have always heard that the Waverly coach is a good coach, but as we all know my opinion isn't always popular. I have made the same mistake before and i will have to say some opinions are just better when they aren't posted on a public forum. I don't want this board locked because i like to read what everyone has posted when it comes to games and how everyone is gonna beat everyone. Coaches can't please everyone and usually get their teams in trouble when they try to. That is part of it. Every coach in America has their critics. It comes with the job. Good Luck to Waverly (girls coaches parents and all).

Littlegar, what did i do? I made two comments. One of those i deleted because i dont want to get in this, and the other is still there. I do not know why you have to tell me what the board is here for. I have done nothing but read this post. As for that statement i agree, sorry for the sour grapes someone posted, but hey.... i'm a spectator.

825654251[/snapback]

Nothing personal JP. I started posting before you edited your other comment about hiding behind screen names. I have no problem with people hiding behind screen names unless they choose to do like NVGV and go on a character smear. I comment was not meant to be an attack on you. It was simply and answer to your statement about screen names. I apologize if you felt I was on your case. B)

To NVGV...get a life. Do you realize how stupid you are to come on this board and try to trash the Waverly softball coach? I'm not from Waverly, but have known him since I first broke into coaching. I've seen him coach several games in both softball and basketball. I can tell you this, and any coach in the middle Tennessee area will tell you the same thing...he is a first class guy all the way!

I would say you are an upset parent who has a kid who just can't make the grade and therefore you can't get over your past failures and live your life through your child. I would say Coach Webb is doing something right as every team I have ever seen of his plays hard, shows a lot of class and is usually very successful. What more do you want? You should feel fortunate you have a man like that there.

I agree with Littlegar, if you have a problem with the coach then why don't you go to see him face to face instead of hiding behind a computer screen. I think everyone knows the answer to that question...you're a gutless coward, know you're wrong and would tremble in your boots standing next to him.

Coach, continue doing things the way you do and don't waste your time responding to these idiotic comments this fool has made. I've always enjoyed watching your teams compete and wish you the best of luck. By the way, good win against Sycamore. Harpeth and Creek Wood had a good one tonight as well.