From A Proud Mom to her Daughter

Tennecqt

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may not be appropriate to do but I would like to tell you a little bit about my daughter.  She has played ball since the age of 5 when she started off with T-ball.  She then proceeded on to softball.  At the time she started playing softball in our city they did not have "fastpitch" but she played with heart.  A few years later "fastpitch" was making it's way to us.  In her age group they started out with what they called "modified" where the pitcher could either use the "sling shot" method or the "windmill".  She wanted to pitch so badly but her coach never would give her the opportunity because she was his "1st" baseman.  He looked at all the girls on the team trying to see which one could pitch.  At every practice she would ask the coach "could I please try"...after several times he said okay and that was it........she pitched (sling shot style) EVERY game for him that season.  She put her heart and soul into every ball she threw.  She proceeded on to learn the "windmill" method and took up lessons with Cheri @ Club K and has pitched ever since.  She played several years on the West Tennessee Diamonds and then went on to play for The Nighthawks (Kenny's team).  She as many pitchers do lived and breathed softball.  After coming home from her hour long sessions at the K she would pitch atleast another hour or two at home.  She started on the varsity squad her freshman year and gave it EVERYTHING she had.  Upon practicing for fall ball her sophomore year she sustained a terrible injury to her elbow.  After several months of therapy and rest she would have NO choice but to have a total reconstruction of the ulnar collateral ligament (Tommy John's surgery) in her pitching arm.  She was devastated.  She sat out her sophomore year and has worked very hard to make it back on the dirt for her junior year.  She still has a long way to go but she is definitley headed in the right direction. 

You may be bored by reading this but I wanted her to know if by chance she reads this just how very proud I am of her and her dedication to her father, her coach, her team but mostly to herself.  God gave her a talent and she is using it to the very best of her ability.  May God Bless her and be with her everytime she "hits" the dirt and grips a softball for He is the reason she has come so far.  He has truly blessed me and I am forever grateful.

I love you Jennifer for the wonderful daughter you are and I have NEVER stopped being proud of you!  You continue to make the right choices and show good moral character! 

Mom B)

825631066[/snapback]

I just want to say how wonderful this story is. In fact, I have been an onlooker to Coach T for some time now. Not having any kids involved in any high school sports, this story moved me to post my first comment here. It is likely I won't post much at all, but I felt I needed to here.

Should this story belong here? In my opinion it does. In my year or so of reading various forums, I have noticed that much is said in such a negative fashion. I am totally aware of the competitive nature of sports and feel it is very good for those who want to play at higher levels of competition. I am sure several student athletes read the postings and do not respond well to negative comments. Again, my opinion.

It is nice to hear a story of success. This young lady, Jennifer, has experienced a major setback in her life, but decided to overcome this setback. Good luck and hope all goes well for you. You should be very proud that your mother feels this way and loves you.

I just want to say how wonderful this story is.  In fact, I have been an onlooker to Coach T for some time now.  Not having any kids involved in any high school sports, this story moved me to post my first comment here.  It is likely I won't post much at all, but I felt I needed to here.

Should this story belong here?  In my opinion it does.  In my year or so of reading various forums, I have noticed that much is said in such a negative fashion. I am totally aware of the competitive nature of sports and feel it is very good for those who want to play at higher levels of competition.  I am sure several student athletes read the postings and do not respond well to negative comments.  Again, my opinion.

It is nice to hear a story of success.  This young lady, Jennifer, has experienced a major setback in her life, but decided to overcome this setback.  Good luck and hope all goes well for you.  You should be very proud that your mother feels this way and loves you.

825633213[/snapback]

Personally, I don't think an athlete could get upset about something said on CoachT boards. All people do on here is jaw. Half this stuff wouldn't be said when it came down to it. I just don't think athletes really give a crap what's said about htem on here, because they know if its negative its coming from an opposing school and if its positive its from a fan. I'm an athlete and good and bad has been said about me on here, I don't pay attention to any of it. I just go on about my business. That's my 2 cents on your second paragraph.

Jennifer. you know you are one of my favorites as a ball player and as a person.

825632587[/snapback]

Thanks bunches Coach! ;)

You are pretty alright yourself :D

Good Luck this season - You KNOW I will be rooting ya on (well not if we get another chance to play ya, LOL) You have some of my favorite girls on your team and they are very special to me :o

thumb

Good Luck to you Jennifer! I hope you have a speedy recovery! I'm a pitcher also & I know I would be devastated if I were told I couldn't pitch for a while or anymore at all! I'm sure you'll be back in the swing of things before you know it! Make sure you don't come back too soon..I hate to see people come back before they're fully recovered & hurt themselves even more! I hear Lebanon is pretty tough this year! We haven't had the pleasure of playing yall yet, but there are a couple of tournaments yet to play! We might just see you there! Well good luck with everything once again! I'm sure I'll see you around!

Good Luck to you Jennifer! I hope you have a speedy recovery! I'm a pitcher also & I know I would be devastated if I were told I couldn't pitch for a while or anymore at all! I'm sure you'll be back in the swing of things before you know it! Make sure you don't come back too soon..I hate to see people come back before they're fully recovered & hurt themselves even more! I hear Lebanon is pretty tough this year! We haven't had the pleasure of playing yall yet, but there are a couple of tournaments yet to play! We might just see you there! Well good luck with everything once again! I'm sure I'll see you around!

825637270[/snapback]

I am not sure who you are but Thanks just the same! As far as Lebanon being tough this year, lol. We are trying and as the time goes by we improve. People say we are starting to "gel" as a team and that really helps.

Good Luck to you and your team :angry:

~Jennifer~

Good job to MOM i think this is a great place to honor your daughter and let everyone know how proud you are of her i am sure she already knew but we are always on our kids to do the right thing and always correcting them when they do wrong they always think that we are just mean parents but everything we do is because we love them so i am sure when your dauther ead the post that she got a little tearry eyed I wish your family and team througout the year the best of luck except when you play RIVERDALE take care