How are the umphires doing this year?

I_Live_4_Baseball

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umps can and often change the momentum of a game with their calling. When an ump completely and suddenly takes away the strike zone for one team forcing a pitcher to throw down the pike every time. they will get hits. Makes you wonder about his motives, especially if he lives in the same city as the team he stayed consistant with!!!! Like it or not, Mr. Blue can and sometimes intentionally upsets a great game. Blue can't be perfect every call, but you can tell the difference between a blown call and down right cheating. Let the players decide the outcome, and keep dishonesty out of it. I take comfort in knowing that the game book is not the only record being kept, the other you have to answer for.

Ok IDIOTS, umps can change the outcome very easily, maybe we arent batting 1.000 or we are makin errors but we are batting ~.500 and have 1 or 2 errors on the year but them umps can have 20-30 errors in the game, and sometimes they are favored, do you tell me, if the upm is against you, and they have 20 "errors" think you could win? and dont say ump arent favored (unless you have been to Marshall Co. Baseball and been victom of the "he missed 2nd base" they seem to pull off EVERY time my team every hit a triple or the runner on 1st scored.

The ones in West Tennessee are real"winners".I think a blind person can get more calls right than these guys do

825669121[/snapback]

HEY DADOFREBEL...THERE ARE PLENTY OF OPENINGS IN THE UMPIRE FIELD...JUST GET BACK TO ME AND I CAN TELL YOU WHERE TO GET STARTED GEARING UP AND NEVER NEVER NEVER MISSING A CALL...YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE FIRST HAND HOW EASY IT IS TO BE PERFECT!!!!!! DO YOU EVER GET ON THE T AND PRAISE THE UMPS WHEN YOUR SONS TEAM WINS A CLOSE GAME..I WOULD BET THE FARM THAT YOU DONT..I SAY PUT ON THE UNIFORM OR BE QUIET ABOUT IT...

You show me any person in this world that can get EVERY call right and ill admit your a god. Do the calls seem obviously blown because they arent going your way? Be fair. Not everyone can be perfect. I give my hand to the umpires for enduring coaches and players harassing them. As for strike zones, every umpire has there own. I hate to see them change in the middle of the game also, but they are only human :ph34r:

825637068[/snapback]

See above.

It's never your son's fault is it?

825669206[/snapback]

Our problem all year was errors,over 100,that was the real killer.When you have an ump changing the strike zone from inning to inning the pitcher has no idea where to throw the ball nor does the batter know what to swing at,that is the real problem

:huh: Geez........Our district is looking for umpires. Any candidates out there?

Another thing. You never know when an umpire is being evaluated. They don't wear their umpire unies in the stands. :lol: Umpires are evaluated on a regular basis in most umpiring associations. Heck, even our Little League association has evaluators that give the umps some feedback.

I agree with the 3-4" outside strike call. Show me a coach that doesn't want that call every time whether it's for or against his team. A baseball is 3 1/2" wide. That's paintin' the black in my book. Strike 3............sit down.

Umpires aren't perfect and neither are the coaches or players, but you don't see threads on here about how the infielders this year are just not as good as they ought to be or why pitcher's don't have the sort of control they should after pitching for 8 or 10 years. Get over yourselves. Control what you can control and forget about the rest. If the umpiring is in your head, you're toast before you step on the field.

I really didn't want to chime in here, but.....

OK, I'm a TSSAA umpire. I work 9-10 hours a day at my regular job and then come out to be a part of a game I have loved all my life for another 3-5 hours. I played HS, JR College and D1 College ball so I do have a little background in the sport.

For the absolute most part, we (umpires) don't care who wins! SURPRISE!

In my area, we attend preseason rules meetings for 8-10 weeks prior to the season starting, do simulated games situations (with critiques from our peers) and work ALL scrimmages. We receive absolutely NOTHING for this time.

It does gripe me to hear HS players complaining about umpires though. When your time comes and you get out of school, try putting on the uniform and trying to improve the quality of the umpiring. Don't just gripe!

If you want better umpiring, try paying the umpires, say $100 per game and you'll get umpires that do nothing but umpire. Do you think that will happed? Can schools afford it? Would the griping still continue? No, No and Yes!

Catch10 Posted May 9 2005 - 10:55 PM

Ok IDIOTS, umps can change the outcome very easily, maybe we arent batting 1.000 or we are makin errors but we are batting ~.500 and have 1 or 2 errors on the year but them umps can have 20-30 errors in the game, and sometimes they are favored, do you tell me, if the upm is against you, and they have 20 "errors" think you could win? and dont say ump arent favored (unless you have been to Marshall Co. Baseball and been victom of the "he missed 2nd base" they seem to pull off EVERY time my team every hit a triple or the runner on 1st scored.

The above is laughable, 20-30 errors per game by an umpire. You disagree with his JUDGEMENT so you consider it an ERROR? How many called strikes have you taken? That would be an error in YOUR judgement! If your teams takes 25 called strikes during a game is that 25 ERRORS?

Sorry for the ranting, but I get tired of hearing it, especially for about $4.00/hour average!

Sack up, put on the uniform and then you can criticize the umpires, Until then, play the game!