Carlos Hall

i dont' like it, they got rid of a quality D-end who was as productive as Jevon Kearse the year before Kearse got dealt.  Not only that, Hall is now a real veteran that this already young team needs, they just made a very young team younger and less experienced.

825640850[/snapback]

He would have been gone anyway next season with free agency for a lot of money at least with the trade the Titans get a 5th round pick. I was listening to several of the call in shows and most of them thought it was a good trade everyone is very high on the young lineman they brought in last season!

He would have been gone anyway next season with free agency for a lot of money at least with the trade the Titans get a 5th round pick.  I was listening to several of the call in shows and most of them thought it was a good trade everyone is very high on the young lineman they brought in last season!

825640981[/snapback]

well, having not known anything of the situation before seeing the news, i didn't like the trade, but if you put it that way, it does make sense. I have lots of confidence in titans office people. i can't wait to see who they get in the draft. thumb

The Titans do have plenty of young lineman, the problem is that most of them are on the interior. Haynesworth, Starks, Long, and Clauss are all defensive tackles, if I'm not mistaken this leaves us with only Travis LaBoy and Antwan Odom- neither of whom made a huge contribution last year- at defensive end. We are going to have to get some depth at end via free agency or the draft for sure.

The Titans do have plenty of young lineman, the problem is that most of them are on the interior. Haynesworth, Starks, Long, and Clauss are all defensive tackles, if I'm not mistaken this leaves us with only Travis LaBoy and Antwan Odom- neither of whom made a huge contribution last year- at defensive end.  We are going to have to get some depth at end via free agency or the draft for sure.

825641989[/snapback]

don't forget Bo Schoebel. they also expect big things from him next year. I think that Juqua Thomas is still on the team as well.

Guest catfish-hunter
I Forgot about Schoebel, he showed a little bit of promise in his limited pt last year.  The Tennessean reported that Free Agent DE Kyle Vanden Bosch visited with the Titans, I think that would be wise to sign a lower-priced veteren at DE to help mentor the younger ones and to add depth.

825643382[/snapback]

Vanden Bosch is about to become a Titan. Kevin Dyson, the reciever who got tacked on the one-yd. line in the Super Bowl loss to St. Louis, is also probably gonna once again be a Titan in 2005. Eddie George's decision will be made after the draft.

10 draft picks is not that bad for the Titans. Remember that Randy Starks was the Titans last pick in last year's draft. He was one of their better interior linemen a year ago as I recall thumb

Honestly...I think it is an understandable move. Whether or not it turns out to be a good move, only time will tell. Hall is a solid, consistent player, but most of his brilliance happened because Kearse was getting double-teamed on the other end of the line that year. I hate to see him go, heck, I hate to see any familiar faces go, but I understand. I also think that Hall's new agent was about to make a big stink over $$$, which may have played a role in the decision. Hall is good, but when it comes to big $$$, he is no Kearse on the bargaining table...Sometimes these agents can be the worst enemy of the players they are representing. Just ask Eddie George!