Carter County Top Five

CADDYBRIE

I've seen this topic on most all other boards so why not start one on the baseball board. Here's how I see them so far.

1 Happy Valley- Should not only be the most dominate team in the county but the district and region as well.

2 Elizabethton- They seem to be playing pretty well but time will tell with them.

3 Unaka- Always going to be tough but going to be hard to with Sweringen on the mound.

4 Hampton- Just a step above Cloudland.

5 Cloudland- Very young and should improve as time goes by.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bump Unaka up to number 2 or even 1.. they have improved desperatly in the past couple of weeks with the return of their middle infielders from injury. They have pulled very impressive wins over Sulivan North 4-2, Sulivan East 3-2, and top dog Happy Valley 18-13. At this point in the season I think that they are the best in the area and if not they arent far behind.

Edited by RangerCountry

With the regular season coming to an end it looks like not much has changed. I know that Unaka beat Happy Valley but that was with HV throwing everyone on the bench but there good pitchers. Elizabethton and HV split there regular season games and I really believe that these two team are real close. HV has the top couple of overall players but I think Elizabethton is better top to bottom. So hear is how I see them.

1- Elizabethton

1- Happy Valley

3- Unaka

4- Hampton

5- Cloudland

hv is the top dog in the county. unaka beat hv once, blah blah blah. hv beat unaka 3 times and the only reason unaka beat hv was walks and errors, hv beat hv in that game. as for the etown game, hv has been going through a rut and etown caught them at the perfect time. etown is better top to bottom, when hv is at their worst. they split the regular season so we'll have to see.

hv is the top dog in the county. unaka beat hv once, blah blah blah. hv beat unaka 3 times and the only reason unaka beat hv was walks and errors, hv beat hv in that game. as for the etown game, hv has been going through a rut and etown caught them at the perfect time. etown is better top to bottom, when hv is at their worst. they split the regular season so we'll have to see.

825659434[/snapback]

i agree. the only time unaka can look foward to beating hv is when we beat ourselves. they got 15 out of their 18 runs off walks and errors...i'll give credit to etown. the always battle us no matter where it is or what kinda game is on the line. it's just a great matchup and hv didn't play to their potential. i think hv is gonna run away with the district this year. their due to make it to the region. don't be suprised to see them make it to memphis.

hears how i see the rankings...

1. hv

2.etown

3.unaka

4.hampton

5.cloudland

i agree. the only time unaka can look foward to beating hv is when we beat ourselves. they got 15 out of their 18 runs off walks and errors...i'll give credit to etown. the always battle us no matter where it is or what kinda game is on the line. it's just a great matchup and hv didn't play to their potential. i think hv is gonna run away with the district this year. their due to make it to the region. don't be suprised to see them make it to memphis.

1. hv

2.etown

3.unaka

4.hampton

5.cloudland

if you really think happy valley is gonna even make it out of the region you have somethan comin for ya. they wont even get past north and they are lucky if they get past erwin. elizabethton usually takes care of themselves in the district so they are no worry. but happy valley doesnt always play as a team and are not consistant at all. they have the talent, but they arent playing up to it.

Well obviously you can tell who goes to what school. Sure, Unaka has had a rough time this year but they always pick up around tournament time. Big whoop HV beat them 3 times. I mean, why would you want to brag about beating a school who is smaller than you? Beat someone your own size or bigger. That is how Unaka and other small schools get better. They play teams who will MAKE them play up to their potential.

And the game against Sullivan North (4-2) Blevins pitched and Sullivan East (3-2) Swearingen pitched....two very talented prospects in the making.

1. hv

2.etown

3.unaka

4.hampton

5.cloudland

if you really think happy valley is gonna even make it out of the region you have somethan comin for ya. they wont even get past north and they are lucky if they get past erwin. elizabethton usually takes care of themselves in the district so they are no worry. but happy valley doesnt always play as a team and are not consistant at all. they have the talent, but they arent playing up to it.

825661628[/snapback]

i think you need to go and think about the elizabethton part...they never get past first round, and if they do, they are playin hampton or johnson county...

1 Cyclones

2 Warriors

3 Rangers

4 Bulldogs

5 'Landers

1 & 2 really shouldn't be that way, but HV has put themselves in the position of having to prove themselves in the post season. HV definately has more impact players but Besty is stronger top to bottom. Neither the impact players or being stronger 1-9 can win a single game. Coming together as a team (coaches & players) can. If HV can gather themselves, they are the top team. If........ that's the big question? Leadership for the Warriors is key. Taking away last year, over the last few years the Cyclones have done pretty well in the tournaments. It would be a mistake to not take them seriously. They are a stronger team this year. 3 to 5 won't change.

Good luck to all.... the post season is upon us!! thumb

Elizabethton came back to beat Unaka 10-5. The Cyclones seem to be the best team in the county with Happy Valley and Unaka behind them (even though the Cyclones don't have the best talent.) The 'Clones play the best as a team and therefore are the best team in the county. Maybe they can pull off an upset (if you want to call it that) over Unicoi Thursday and have some momentum going into the district. Good luck to all teams in their tournaments this weekend.

Edited by CountryBoy4Life