MBA vs. Ravenwood

Brouha25

MBA-7

Ravenwood-5

A close game I believe that it was tied 3-3 at the half and Ravenwood fell off a bit and MBA took it away. A close game between a top DI program and a DII school! Maybe the Divisional gap is closing more quickly than the DI kids believed. Hopefully we see this match up again next year.

Edited by Brouha25

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBA-7

Ravenwood-5

A close game I believe that it was tied 3-3 at the half and Ravenwood fell off a bit and MBA took it away. A close game between a top DI program and a DII school! Maybe the Divisional gap is closing more quickly than the DI kids believed. Hopefully we see this match up again next year.

825645489[/snapback]

I'm not sure if the divisional gap is closing that quickly, but Ravenwood definitely has a solid team this year. They are capable of competing with anybody in state.

The game was 3-3 at half with most of the momentum towards Ravenwood but the 3rd quarter was 4-0 MBA and Ravenwood came back with a 2-0 4th quarter. Ravenwood definately showed that they have the talent and desire to play with the better teams in Tennessee. Ravenwood's defense did an excellent job holding MBA to only 7.

Like Redtwin said, I don't think this is as much of a case of DII as a whole becoming stronger, but rather that Ravenwood has a great team this year, while MBA has been hitting a rough patch. That said, I think that Ravenwood definitely looks as if it could compete in DI this year, and could probably make it to the playoffs in the East and possibly in the West as well.

I think this game shows that Ravenwood should be in Division 1.  To bad they didnt make the jump do D-1 like Houston did.  Props to Houston for making the jump.

825645825[/snapback]

ravenwood was mostly freshman last year and didnt quite kno what to expect for this year and werent exactly sure if going up to d1 was appropriate but i believe they are switching to d1 next year and should be in the eastern division

Edited by laxative

I think this game shows that Ravenwood should be in Division 1.  To bad they didnt make the jump do D-1 like Houston did.  Props to Houston for making the jump.

825645825[/snapback]

I would like to see Ravenwood make the jump, but only when they are sure that they are ready, which is probably next year. It is my understanding that they have a young team, so an extra year of experience is probably good for them. I've been told that they have some football players playing, which is great, and I coached some kids from Woodland in a camp a couple of years ago who talked about going to Ravenwood, and they were very talented. I'd love to see more teams in DI, particularly public schools who could compete.

This year, Ravenwood's starters include only 1 senior(longpole middie/defense) and 3 juniors, the rest are sophomores. Ravenwood is a very young team with raw talent and growing team chemistry which should, in a couple years, be one of their best componets. Many have already been playing from woodland together for at least 3-5 years and a couple more will just add to it.

I would like to see Ravenwood make the jump, but only when they are sure that they are ready, which is probably next year.  It is my understanding that they have a young team, so an extra year of experience is probably good for them.  I've been told that they have some football players playing, which is great, and I coached some kids from Woodland in a camp a couple of years ago who talked about going to Ravenwood, and they were very talented.  I'd love to see more teams in DI, particularly public schools who could compete.

825646217[/snapback]

I agree that Ravenwood should make the jump when they are ready. Not trying to be cocky or anything but its hard to get experience when we play teams that just might have started a year or two ago. But if Ravenwood had been in division one this year it would have guaranteed us games that we would have loved to have played against some other d1 programs, (particularly the big three). However since we weren't in the d1 program we didn't get scheduled a coulple d1 games that we wish we could have played. Hopefully if things go right and we stay healthy and focused, we will look forward to playing division one next springtime.