Best teams in the state besides faragut

Tribe Guy 08

i personally think that , with the exception of faragut, that mcminn county is the bestsoccer team in the state. i know for a fact that they have the best player in the state in Jared Price who is averaging 4.6 goals per game against top notch 5A region opponets. they also have an all- state calliber goalie in Brandon Armstong and some upcoming yong talent in sophmore Tyler Cobb. But im open for discussion besides faragut who do yall think is the best?

i personally think that , with the exception of faragut, that mcminn county is the bestsoccer team in the state. i know for a fact that they have the best player in the state in Jared Price who is averaging 4.6 goals per game against top notch 5A region opponets. they also have an all- state calliber goalie in Brandon Armstong and  some upcoming yong talent in sophmore Tyler Cobb.  But im open for discussion  besides faragut who do yall think is the best?

825646314[/snapback]

Farragut took a 3-0 loss last night to Catholic so I wouldn't anoint them best team in the state right now. The Bearden game tomorrow should be a good test for them also. :lol:

McMinn may be good, but what top 10 teams have they played that can give them the title best team in the state, i see high scoring games against small schools who are just convienent to play so i can see how this kid can score on avg 4.6 goals per game. If they played top teams like christian brothers, hendersonville, brentwood, and farrgut and other teams of that calibur and have him avg 4.6 goals per game i would be impressed, but they dont so i think they still have something to prove to be considered 1st in the state. im not bashing Mcminn, i havent seen or heard anythign about them, you can easily prove me wrong, but for now i still think they have something to prove before they can call themselves the #1 team in the state

Edited by l337player

Well said Zaphod. There is still alot of work to be done, especially with the upcoming matches that we still have-- Soddy, Cleveland, Gallatin, Bearden, Red Bank and Knox Catholic. ( and hopefully Baylor if we can reschedule).

We appreciate the kind words from our fans, but WE know we are not the best in the state.

1st of all Farragut is not the best team in the state... CBHS is going to rack up another state title this season!  Bearden got lucky and CBHS dominated the game just werent able to finsih

825646985[/snapback]

didnt brentwood beat CBHS, so id say brentwood is the best team, especially after beating everyone in memphis and having their way with everyone in middle tennessee so far

1st of all Farragut is not the best team in the state... CBHS is going to rack up another state title this season!  Bearden got lucky and CBHS dominated the game just werent able to finsih

825646985[/snapback]

Did Farragut and Brentwood get lucky against the Brothers, like Bearden? I agree, Farragut is probably not the best team in the state right now (although I wouldn't count them out next month and the Admirals beat CBHS pretty soundly just a couple weeks ago). I think one of the following is "the" best right now: Notre Dame, McCallie, Brentwood, Hendersonville or CAK.

Edited by hoya75