MUS 9 CBHS 6

wavelax1

Kapman, i'm glad you understand. all fans heckle players, but i feel that MUS fans took it a little too far last night. esp. when they threw a ball at us after the game. that is jsut bad sportsmanship. and yelling at players after the game is over outside the stadium telling them they stink isn't called for either.

hopefully, we will see MUS in the playoffs. i love the rivalry.

825647709[/snapback]

wehhtam917- I understand our fans were going a little far, but # 28 did turn around and flick the crowd off and start yelling at them; therefore, they were provoked. also, a parent was behind our goal yelling at rainer and scales saying they stink and all that so mus only ones ouyt of control. it was sad to see such a great rivalry turn into such a disappointing game. hope to see you at state, and hopefully in the finals.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard plenty of junk from CBHS fans in my years of playing. the bottom line is, fans are fans, and the player has no right to do anything back to the fans. As far as someone throwing a ball at the CBHS guys leaving the field, i dont know. I really have to see it to believe it, but i dont mean to call anyone a liar. After all, it is possible. However fans are fans and im in favor of fans getting rowdy (it adds to the game- think about the games weve all played where the fans are just a bunch of girls talking about the clothes they wear.. thats no fun- a good rowdy crowdy is fun, even if they do get under your skin)

I start playing my best when i hear little punks tellin me crap like "hey 32, grow a pair" or when my attackman said to someone else that "i am the worst defender ever" and how "he has no idea why i am on the field" It gets me fired up and thats when i really start to run hard and hit hard. I love it. I try to make the opposing team feel for the junk i hear. thats what its all about.

My biggest concern with the refs is just that they ignored some serious penalties that could result in injuries. Specifically one play comes to mind, where sam sawyer (19) was (maybe) picking up a GB, some CBHS guy pretty much speared him from behind.. the call? out of bounds, CBHS ball. THats the stuff the REALLY gets to me. That cant be happenin.

I also heard that a CBHS player flicked off the crowd in a basketball game... food for thought

Edited by knigh240

Kapman, i dont suspect you were at the game considering you're up north somewhere. the MUS student section was out of control. our fans are no doubt obnoxious, but they are not as bad as the MUS student section last night. they cussed and yelled at us all night. after the game, they threw a ball at us when we were getting our bags and putting our equipment away. i would classify that as classless. when i was walking out of the stadium, one of the MUS students told me i stunk. it was uncalled for. as for you, dkslakdfj, i dont think i'm a moron. i agree that some calls should not have been made against MUS but it didnt alter the outcome of the game and not to mention that #13 was out of control and took a cheap shot on Miles Carter (#6) that wasnt even called. he knocked the crap out of him when he didnt have the ball and the ball was NOT on the ground. granted #28 for us has a short temper, but i dont think it is anywhere close to #13's behavior last night. i am not slighting #13, he's a good player but has a bit of an anger problem.  also, dkslakdfj, you have no place to call our parents jerks. sure, we might be sometimes, but that comment was uncalled for. that is just ignorant.

825647568[/snapback]

When I hit number 6, he was a few feet away from catching the ball only a few yards in front of the crease. It was a fair hit... go ahead, ask him, I am sure he will tell you the same thing. I know I lost it after the refs got out of control and there is no excuse for that.

The MUS crowd may have been a little dirty, but to call us classless is the most hypocritical thing I have ever heard. When I get cussed out by parents in the stands and a parent(related to everyone's favorite #28) standing on the track near our goal and get a beer can thrown in my direction from a group of CBHS guys in the visitor's stands, I can't even begin to call the MUS students classless and neither should you.

wehhtam917-  I understand our fans were going a little far, but # 28 did turn around and flick the crowd off and start yelling at them; therefore, they were provoked. also, a parent was behind our goal yelling at rainer and scales saying they stink and all that so mus only ones ouyt of control. it was sad to see such a great rivalry turn into such a disappointing game. hope to see you at state, and hopefully in the finals.

825647769[/snapback]

Thank you for bringing up the actions of #28. I was sitting in the student section and yes we were booing CBHS at halftime... big deal. Its a rivalry game. Get over it. The booing does not give #28 the right to give the entire student section the bird. When you give the finger to the students then youre going to have to deal with the heckling that ensues. Im sure if an MUS player decided to give your "fan section" the bird then you all would act like complete gentlemen and not utter a word. The sportsmanship was bad on both sides and the refs were under par... but thats what makes this rivalry so great. Oh and to wehttam... watch what you say about bad sportsmanship... that was a nice slash to Gibson's head.

Edited by vols2587

i'm not really hiding my identity. my signature clearly says "Brothers Lacrosse #25". and i didnt hit Dan in the head on purpose. he slipped and i was trying to check his stick but definately missed and hit him in the head. i wouldnt do that on purpose.

825648395[/snapback]

My apologies to wehttam, i got a little ahead of myself there and missed a very important detail.. your signature. i pulled that post.