4. Cookeville 100.1

5. Collierville 99.1

6. Farragut 97.8

7. Bolton 97.3

8. Smyrna 96.7

9. Ooltewah 96.6

10 Oak Ridge 96.4

(Tie)Houston 96.4

Admittedly, OR and Ooltewah should probably be a little higher but I was a using a formula to arrive at these scores and that's where they came out.  Franklin and Brentwood should be good as well.  My impression was that it is going to be a very strong year in 5A.

With the way the school system up in Montgomery county hates sports, I'll be surprised if any of those teams ever make a serious run.  To be competitive you have to have support and the the school board never provided any support that I am aware of.

825649118[/snapback]

no matter what way you got to your decision I would have thrown them out. There is no way that Oak Ridge is at the bottem of any top 10s. They are #1 going all the way!

Dont yall find it hard to put Oak ridge at number 1 with a new coach? have they had their spring practice yet?  but why not have RIVERDALE still there they are returning A LOT of their talented players from last years squad

825650884[/snapback]

Oak Ridge has had a ton of talent for the last 3 years. This year is no different. Even with a new coach coming in we have a great chance of going all the way, and I think they will. Riverdale is the state 5a Champ, but they are not returning as much talent as I think they need. The only real threat I see coming back is Gaston but he has to have a line and good quarterback to go anywhere. Losing their quarterback they also lost about 5 other positions. Riverdale is always good regardless, but i don't think they have what it will take again this year.

didn't you just loose your coach? i want to come see this game should be very good but i have to go see my boys get the biggest upset of the season

825652688[/snapback]

Ooltewah's coach of 7 or 8 years resigned to go into private business. Just yesterday, legendary Coach Benny Monroe was named the new Owls head football coach. In the mid 90's Coach Monroe won 3 straight 4A state titles at Cleveland High School and held a 54 game winning streak through those three years. He took Cleveland to the playoffs in 16 of his 18 seasons there. He has also been inducted into the National High School Football Coaches Association and the TSSAA Hall of Fame.

Edited by GradfromtheNest