BGA vs Father Ryan

Big Head

Okay, let me add a bit of reality here. The score reflects the game. Three goals in the first half by BGA, three goals in the second half by FRHS. BGA clearly dominated the first half with the majority of the game played on their end and the reverse happened in second half. My pregame expectations were for Ryan to dominate and win by a goal or two. I was wrong. Ryan appears to be overhyped. They have talent but did not have "best in the division" play. BGA played well the first half and their obvious lack of depth showed the second half. I thought both goalies played good games. And saw good teamwork for both teams. No showboating on either side. And ROB, you are an idiot, an absolute idiot, FRHS will play BGA again and your smack will provide lots of motivation for the other team. Perhaps your teammates or coach will shut you up soon.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay number 2 is jonathan white and he pulled his hamstring a couple of weeks ago and is already back on the field so calling him a wimp is just absurd and as for the keeper he made one mistake which was the second goal but other than that he played alright he made a fantastic save at the end of the half and people tend to forget the good saves and the referees were the worst ive seen i think everyone who sat through that game knows ryan is going to have to do alot more training to get where they need to be and bga more conditioning with their shallow bench

I still think BGA is a very soft team. I thought it showed in the second half. They were completly dominated by Ryan. Ryan should have won this game, they are easily the better team. BGA has weak in almost every position. Their midfield can not defend, their outside midfielders are SLOW and WEAK, and their outside defensive backs play like they are twelve year old girls. Taylor Preston had an alright game. He had two nice goals. I thought the forwards on Ryan played simply amazing. They made BGA look dumb. In the end, Ryan is the better team. COUNT IT!

Taylor Preston wouldnt have hogged the ball in the second half if he had another forward to work with. J-White didnt get 2 play most of the second half so he had no1 2 work wiht until the midfield caught up. Ryan is a good team but R.O.B. needs 2 chill out cuz it sounds like 2 me that he doesnt even get 2 play.

Okay, let me add a bit of reality here.  The score reflects the game.  Three goals in the first half by BGA, three goals in the second half by FRHS.  BGA clearly dominated the first half with the majority of the game played on their end and the reverse happened in second half.  My pregame expectations were for Ryan to dominate and win by a goal or two.  I was wrong.  Ryan appears to be overhyped.  They have talent but did not have "best in the division" play.  BGA played well the first half and their obvious lack of depth showed the second half.  I thought both goalies played good games.  And saw good teamwork for both teams.  No showboating on either side.  And ROB, you are an idiot, an absolute idiot,  FRHS will play BGA again and your smack will provide lots of motivation for the other team.  Perhaps your teammates or coach will shut you up soon.

825651987[/snapback]

midtnsprtsfan in reading your comments i found your comment, "FRHS will play BGA again and your smack will provide lots of motivation for the other team" to be rather interesting given the exchange between some of the ryan players and the bga students (in the stands) last night. i believe that it really motived ryan! i saw a few jestures being exchanged. emotions were running high. i've been able to catch a few of the ryan games and the first half was the worst i've ever seen them play this year. i would have to agree that they lacked that "best in division" play. it will be interesting to see how they start against usn next monday. the bga game i believe was the wake-up call that ryan needed.

Honestly, neither team deserved to win this game. As a Father Ryan player, our first half was ridiculous and we fully admit that. BGA came ready to play and for as focused as I thought we were, we came out on our heels. BGA is a solid team, no doubt about it. As much crap as yall give Taylor Preston, I thought he was BGA's best player, hands down. But, in the second half, BGA was playing "not to lose" when they clearly should have been playing to win. If there is one thing BGA will take from this game, it is that Father Ryan has got some heart for not giving up. The refs were equally bad for both teams so in all actuality, they didn't ruin the game. The bottom line for us is that we came back, which was good. But make no mistake about, we must be better next time and we are not pleased with this tie.

Honestly, neither team deserved to win this game. As a Father Ryan player, our first half was ridiculous and we fully admit that. BGA came ready to play and for as focused as I thought we were, we came out on our heels. BGA is a solid team, no doubt about it. As much crap as yall give Taylor Preston, I thought he was BGA's best player, hands down. But, in the second half, BGA was playing "not to lose" when they clearly should have been playing to win. If there is one thing BGA will take from this game, it is that Father Ryan has got some heart for not giving up. The refs were equally bad for both teams so in all actuality, they didn't ruin the game. The bottom line for us is that we came back, which was good. But make no mistake about, we must be better next time and we are not pleased with this tie.

825652638[/snapback]

You said the one thing that best describes the way the second half of the game went. "BGA was playing not to lose." that is why they didnt win the game. We played, not to kill Ryan but to keep from hurting ourselves and it backfired. IT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN. BGA has learned its lesson. the game taught us that we must kill whoever we play. this is what we will try to do.

There is one important thing to remember. walking off the feild at the end of the game with the score tied 3-3, Ryan was tickled to death to have tied BGA, and BGA was madder then they have ever been.

Well, coming back from a 3-0 defecit is something to be happy about. A tie is better than a loss. Simple as that. Likewise, having three goals scored on you in one half is something to be mad about... we both know how that is~ So please, don't make a silly comparison of emotions at the end of a game. Because as we all know, each team really only played forty minutes of that game. When both decide to play a full eighty, then one will have the right to 'talk the talk.'

Well, coming back from a 3-0 defecit is something to be happy about. A tie is better than a loss. Simple as that. Likewise, having three goals scored on you in one half is something to be mad about... we both know how that is~ So please, don't make a silly comparison of emotions at the end of a game. Because as we all know, each team really only played forty minutes of that game. When both decide to play a full eighty, then one will have the right to 'talk the talk.'

825655031[/snapback]

I agree fully. the next game between the two teams should be a classic.

I'm sick of everyone talking like they understand what happened in that game.(BGA vs. Ryan) Both teams played good anyone who played on the field....NOT YOU SLASH....knows that both halfs felt about the same both teams had opertunities and the only difference is the momentum which ryan took over in the second half. Jonathin coming out for bga was a big shot to bga's offence because once he was gone all the focus was on taylor. Props to ryan for coming back but i play for bga and next time will surely be a good game. and ROB quit talkin crap about me u dont even know what your talking about. and slash and any other bga players lets start being a little less cocky and have some class about this coach t thing. we obviously rnt backing up our talk so untilwe do chill......