what's the rules

pounderman4life

I'm just wandering but what are the rules when it comes to a Runner that is running a race, and all of a sudden another runner that is not even running in this one race steps out onto the track to cause the actuall guy running to fall.

See I was running the 4x400 and I was achor leg (Last leg), and as I was on the fnal stretch with about 15 feet to go, a guy who had already ran jumps in front of me to not only cause me to fall but as well loose my place. Does this not cause a DQ on his teams part. What would or should be the actions taken.

I'm just wandering but what are the rules when it comes to a Runner that is running a race, and all of a sudden another runner that is not even running in this one race steps out onto the track to cause the actuall guy running to fall.

See I was running the 4x400 and I was achor leg (Last leg), and as I was on the fnal stretch with about 15 feet to go, a guy who had already ran jumps in front of me to not only cause me to fall but as well loose my place. Does this not cause a DQ on his teams part. What would or should be the actions taken.

825649856[/snapback]

I would say next time drop a shoulder like a linebacker, after you level them I bet from then on they stay off the track.!

Without seeing the infraction the way you described it would definately call for a DQ for their team.

825650001[/snapback]

the same type of thing happened last year at one of our meets. it was in a sprint relay where the person holding his teammates blocks (lane 3 or 4) got up after the start of the race and walked off toward the infield, right in front of the leadoff leg in lane 1 or 2. anyway, his team was DQ'd because of his interference.

I saw the incident you're talking about at Optimist. They're ruling was that the outcome of the race was not affected. Your team would have still finished in the spot you finished and no other team was affected. Incidentally, the team that stepped in front of you won the relay overall. I think that the ruling is that the offending team is DQ'ed. But, no harm no foul works I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
im a freshman vaulter for happy valley and i was just wondering is there a rule that says if you can get off the mat before the bar falls the jump will count is that true!!!!!!!!!!!!

please someone tell me

825669946[/snapback]

NOT TRUE!!!! The rule is that if the bar falls off due to contact by the vaulter it doesn't matter where you are when the bar falls it is a missed attempt. That is an old tale that won't die both in the high jump and Pole vault. Good luck in the future.

It is indeed untrue that if you get off the mat quickly and it falls it still counts. The thing is, some judges who are watching set a time table for the bar to fall, so lets say if you got off the mat and the bar was still up and you were walking back to your coach, whatever....then as the judge was walking up to the bar to set it straight again and it falls, the judge usually won't make the call. Don't strain yourself trying to get off the mat fast because the bar might fall. If the judge feels the bar has had reasonable time to stay put then they won't call a fault.