Camden 11 Lexington 10

milanbb2005

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it's correct. It was one heck of a ballgame. A total of 7 HR's were hit...Keck had 3, Markham had 2, Jake Jones had 1, and Chad Horton had 1. In the first 3 innings Lexington got up to a 6-0 lead but we never gave up and battled back and it went into extra innings. It was decided in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs when Chad Horton hit a walk off homerun to end it. It was a great game for anyone to watch. One of the most exciting games I've ever been a part of.

This was a great win for our seniors who've had the Lexington monkey lifted off their backs!...glad to see those bats come alive boys like we've all known they could!...and to never give up even when they were down 6-0 we are so proud of you....it was an awesome game!!...lets see those bats again tonite against Henry Co!...GO LIONS!

Yes it's correct. It was one heck of a ballgame. A total of 7 HR's were hit...Keck had 3, Markham had 2, Jake Jones had 1, and Chad Horton had 1. In the first 3 innings Lexington got up to a 6-0 lead but we never gave up and battled back and it went into extra innings. It was decided in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs when Chad Horton hit a walk off homerun to end it. It was a great game for anyone to watch. One of the most exciting games I've ever been a part of.

825651968[/snapback]

WOW, 3 HRs by Keck in same game!! How many does he now have on the year?

Wonder what the State record is for HRs in a game? Seven has to be close if not a record.

Edited by necvol

It was wild for sure....Keck pitched also but Camden bats were just cranking off of him....Even with Camden's small field 6 of the 7 were no doubters at any field...Keck's last homer bounced off of the top of the fence to barely get over but his others were big shots...Markham nearly had three...if he had pulled it to left it would have went yard but missed by less than 2 feet into right....there was lots of power displayed in Benton Co last nite!

I was watching a college game a week or so ago and thought I heard that Todd Helton had the TN High School career Home Run record with 38. Someone may can confirm this. If Keck hit 16 as a sophomore, how many does he have this year?, he may have a shot. If I have supplied incorrect info, as Rosanna Rosanna Danna used to say "never mind".

Keck is now tied for 5th in # of homers in 1 game....the record for a season is 24 by Anthony Whitson of the 1987 Uncoi co team....Camden and Lexington together are tied for 3rd in number of homers per game with 7..(the record is 11) pretty impressive thumb...BTW Todd Helton had 38 HRs in his HS career...the record is 53 by a kid from Lookout Valley.

Edited by tamirrt

Team record for HR's in one game:

Coalfield (v Oakdale) 10 1988

Jackson Christian (vs TCA)   7     1999

Individual career record for HR's

Jeremy Reed, Lookout Valley 58     1995-98

These stats came from the TBCA website- http://www.tbca.org/

They are compiling a state record book which can be found at- http://www.tbca.org/TBR%20State%20Record%20Book.htm

I graduated from Camden in 1970, before they had a baseball team. But we had one heck of a football team.

Team record for HR's in one game:

Coalfield (v Oakdale)        10    1988

Jackson Christian (vs TCA)  7    1999

Individual career record for HR's

Jeremy Reed, Lookout Valley 58    1995-98

These stats came from the TBCA website-    http://www.tbca.org/

They are compiling a state record book which can be found at-  http://www.tbca.org/TBR%20State%20Record%20Book.htm

I graduated from Camden in 1970, before they had a baseball team. But we had one heck of a football team.

825652583[/snapback]

I also looked at this site....but the record is 11 for both teams....Coalfield has the record for homers by 1 team in 1 game at 10....the record is 11 for both teams in 1 game...and thanks I mis-typed, it was 58 in a season for Jeremy Reed thumb