coffee county beats lincoln county

5A football fan

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Chelsea pitched. CC scored 3 in the bottom of the 7th with 2 outs.

CC worked her hard, had six or seven hits, a ton of walks. They laid off her rise and made her work. She walked two in - both were 7+ pitch at bats in the bottom of the 7th.

Let's not overlook the great job Kasi Meeks did on the mound. No earned runs given up.

8AAA just got interesting...! :o

Edited by prepsportstv

Yes Chelsea pitched.  CC scored 3 in the bottom of the 7th with 2 outs.

CC worked her hard, had six or seven hits, a ton of walks.  They laid off her rise and made her work.  She walked two in - both were 7+ pitch at bats in the bottom of the 7th.

Let's not overlook the great job Kasi Meeks did on the mound.  No earned runs given up. 

8AAA just got interesting...!    :o

825653241[/snapback]

8 AAA is always interesting! It ain't over untill the _ _ _ lady sings. (Had to be politically correct.) :rolleyes:

Yes Chelsea pitched.  CC scored 3 in the bottom of the 7th with 2 outs.

CC worked her hard, had six or seven hits, a ton of walks.  They laid off her rise and made her work.  She walked two in - both were 7+ pitch at bats in the bottom of the 7th.

Let's not overlook the great job Kasi Meeks did on the mound.  No earned runs given up. 

8AAA just got interesting...!    :rolleyes:

825653241[/snapback]

What a game, wish I had seen it. Sounds like cc was rippin'. I wonder if Lincoln Co has used Chelsea too much and wore her out. Six games last Sat probably was a little hard on her. Not taking anything away from Coffee Co because they are a good team also. I'm sure lc will continue to play great. Sounds like the district tournament will be exciting!! GO EAGLETTES!!! :o

Congragulations to Coffee with your win last night. Both teams had one inning that did not look like a typical Coffe Co. or Lincoln Co. team but we came out on the short end with this one. But let me say to our team and Coffe co. team two things,one is this was a typical game between these temas and even though we lost i love watching these two teams go at it,second both teams best stay focused in this district cause come tournament time with the teams that this district has its not a guarantee that either will get out of the district tournament cause i see several teams that could come out 1 and 2. Godd luck to all distrist 8 teams.

how about someone from cc giving us a detailed play-by-play of the bottom of the 7th inning?

825653372[/snapback]

First batter = out

Second batter = out

Nicole Prater = Double

Jayma Cox = Single, scores Nicole, LC throws to plate, Jayma takes 2nd - Score 3-2

Emily Shelton - Wild pitch, Jayma takes 3rd, Emily hit by pitch, 1st and 3rd

Amber Young - Emily steals 2nd uncontested, 2nd & 3rd - Amber slaps to 3rd, error/hit depending on scorekeeper, bases loaded 3-2 still

Carla Swanson - goes to 3-2 count, fouls off 3 pitches, walks, score 3-3

Whitney Price - works count to 2-2, fouls off pitch, ball, full count, fouls off another pitch, takes a high rise ball (close), walks, winning rbi.

Final - 4-3 Coffee County

how about someone from cc giving us a detailed play-by-play of the bottom of the 7th inning?

825653372[/snapback]

This may not be exact but it's close. The first two batters grounded out giving CC two outs. The next two batters doubled which scored one run making it 3-2 still LC the girl on second advanced on a wild pitch and the batter got hit by a pitch putting a runner on first and third. The runner on first stole second the hitter reached first on a bobbled slap loading the bases. The next two batters walked which scored two runs making the final score 4-3 CC. It was definitely an exciting game that could've went either way. I will have to agree that there will difinitely be a fight to the finish when it comes tournament time because there are more than two teams that could finish in the top two and at that time of the season that's what everyone is working towards is a chance to advance including the two teams that played last night.