DOBYNS BENNETT FOOTBALL '05

Baseball Nutski

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bud;

I think the primary tailbacks will be Maxwell, Burnett and Bingham. Pappas, Stabler, Thompson and Ben Davis will get a lot of work at fullback. The latter are all defensive players (along with Bingham) and they could be rototated to have fresh legs (the way they rotated Peeler, Motin, Macmillan and Nottingham in 04). It appears to me that Pappas is the best blocker and could assist in springing Maxwell, Burnett and Bingham. If they run the option (which I hope they do), Pappas has the size and speed to go up the middle. I hear Bingham and Pappas will get work as a slot back to be receivers. I don't know who the receivers will be. My neighbors bull jumped the fence and got to my cows and now the neighbor wants compensation for breeding. I told him I don't know who the receivers were and we we will just have to wait. Similarly, I think we will have to wait for Spring Practice to get a better handle on whats going to happen and who the receivers will be. Roll Tribe

It's not going to be the Option Offense.... as we all knew it before Duran Duran. Coach loves the wide open set and is going to stick with it... for the most part. I really think Terrence Maxwell is the answer at Tailback... nobody is quicker, anywere, Kids got wheels. Pappas is maybe the best LB talent in the State as a rising JR, and I am sure he would do well at FB.

Listen up everybody, the rising Juniors are awesome (30-40 of 'em deep). Let's get ready for a couple of great seasons for the Tribe.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

• 3 months later...

Info I have on QB is... Sam McCord will be the starter. Bo Burton is going to get a starting spot at WR along with Coty Sensabaugh. #14 Demarcus Rodgers is the #3 Wr and looks ready to go from his injury last yr. Rodgers has a great WR body, and will be a force on Defense as well at Defensive End along with John (Iggy Biggy) Gordon.

Sam McCord is super quick and does have a strong arm. He will be a threat to take off and run when the Tribe's spreads the field. Andrew Pappas (Super Star LB) will start at FB and will run flat over defenders who get in his way. The Offensive Line will be as strong while being Jr. loaded as it has been and by the end of the year, the O-Line will be dominant. The major question on Offense is Tail Back... I hear it will be Devon Bingham, who is fast and is very athletic, but has been injury prone.

18 Days to Kickoff

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

#14 Demarcus Rodgers is the #3 Wr and looks ready to go from his injury last yr. Rodgers has a great WR body, and will be a force on Defense as well at Defensive End

825708439[/snapback]

If I'm not mistaken didn't I hear that Marcus injured himself playing basketball and won't be ready till midway through the season if then?

Nope...I saw #14 on the practice field myself and I have talked with Players... He is fine and is playing WR and DE. I am cheering for him, because, of all the Indians, Rodgers has the size to replace a Lamon Williams, as best as can be expected.

Roll Tribe Roll

Lance Armstrong is the Greatest Athelete this generation will know!

Roll Tribe Roll