Top Team in Chattanooga Area?

bballwriter44

It's never been harder to tell...could be any of these four. Here's why I think each should be.

Baylor: Before losing to McCallie by 3 runs in two days they had proven they were forreal by winning somethin like 14 of 15. Decent pitching depth, and a powerful lineup make them legit. 20-9 record even after McCallie catastrophe isn't bad.

Soddy: Only reason they get consideration is because they beat Ooltewah twice in a row. But does that alone make up for an otherwise mediocre season in which they have lost to hixson twice, red bank, and bradley? I'm not sure it does.

Ooltewah: The best case can be made for the Owls. They shut RB out twice (a team that beat soddy and hixson), they killed Walker Valley, they torched hixson 14-6 a few days ago a day after beating Cleveland 13-1.

McCallie: Might seem out there, but they pulled it together to beat Baylor two straight...i don't think anybody else could have done that. And they hung tight with Farragut earlier in the season.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I truly believe that both Baylor and McCallie are vastly overrated in the Chattanooga area. Between them, they have like 20 losses (I know, I know they have played all the GREAT competition that the other Chattanooga teams haven't, that's why they have so many losses). And McCallie did take 2 from Baylor last week. That just tells me that Baylor wasn't that good to begin with.

Ooltewah, Soddy Daisy, Hixson, Grundy County can all handle either Baylor or McCallie.

Edited by catsbackr

I truly believe that both Baylor and McCallie are vastly overrated in the Chattanooga area.  Between them, they have like 20 losses (I know, I know they have played all the GREAT competition that the other Chattanooga teams haven't, that's why they have so many losses).  And McCallie did take 2 from Baylor last week.  That just tells me that Baylor wasn't that good to begin with.

Ooltewah, Soddy Daisy, Hixson, Grundy County can all handle either Baylor or McCallie.

825655293[/snapback]

Its an opinion. Everybody has one. Baylor sweeps Webb, Webb sweeps McCallie,

McCallie sweeps Baylor. Baylor and McCallie is a rival of teams at its best. When you break it down all the teams listed are good teams. On any given day any of these teams could beat the other. The season is still long in terms of who

makes the big dance. Its all practice until the play offs.

All of you are correct! Any team on any given day. Even some of the single A teams like Lookout Valley, and the smaller DII like Notre Dame could sneak up on some of the bigger schools. It's all about who shows up and it's almost impossible to say who's the best. We can compare talent, and there are a couple of schools that overwhelm the others. But that doesn't always correlate to the best team(s).

If yall were wondering, i figured out why McCallie was able to escape with such an easy victory. Hixson was down 7-3 after the 5th inning and the coach pulled the starters and came out in the 6th inning with a completely different lineup. It was then, against a weak and inexperienced 2nd team, that McCallie was able to go wild offensively. A bad coaching decision beat the Wildcats today. A 4 run deficit is not impossible to overcome since the Wildcats normally have their best innings late in the game.

Edited by barnburner

The best team in the city of Chattanooga has got to be Soddy Daisy, hands down. Everything is clicking for them, all the right times. Won a tough district in 6AAA. Good luck to them in the rest of the season. Might even see them tomorrow in a championship game of the Trojan Classic, thats if we get past Knox Halls... if not, may see them in a district championship game :lol:

Edited by OwlsBaseball

Sorry to rain on catsbackr's public school parade...but McCallie and Baylor, even with those combined "20" losses, easily have the personel to hang with Ooltewah and Soddy and frankly have alot more talent than Hixson or Grundy.

825655743[/snapback]

I guess that is where all of that scholarship money comes into play. My gosh, if you can recruit you should be great. I would have to say, after playing Soddy three times, that they are the best team. My opinion.

Name one Baylor or McCallie baseball player that was given scholarship money from the school. That's right you can't. Neither school has the power or ability to give scholarship money to a select individual. All the money that is given to a student in either school is through financial aid which is decided upon by the government the same way as is done for college financial aid. And bballwriter44 not only could Baylor hang with Soddy they had them all but beat until the last couple of innings.