Region 4-5a

BLUEcash

First place goes to Rankin--

Second place goes to them dawgs--

Third place goes to WC cats--

Forth place goes to 2tasteless, OPP's I mean Oaktown--Could finish higher if they beat Lebanon and knock off one of the others

Fifth place goes to the devils--could finish higher, but down year looking more likely

Everyone else who cares!!!!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go ahead and doubt Lebanon right now, thats what they like.  You will see during the season how good they will be. Even though they lost alot of seniors doesnt mean they wont have a good team.  Lebanon will get either 3rd or 2nd place this year, they own Oakland. One player to watch out for this year CODY TRIBBLE watch out for this guy.

825659170[/snapback]

Unless your name is Riverdale, they are going to be seasons where you rebuild. Lebanon lost 19 seniors on a team of 50. Among those 19 seniors were guys such as freddie hall, todd cross, jacob lee, justin johnson, sergio williams, billy bates, peter taylor and other. You simply dont lose that cant kind of talent and not miss a beat. Also keep in mind when you say that Lebanon owns Oakland, the last of the kids that Moose coached are graduating this season. Brown no longer gets to feed off of what he has given, he has to produce the results, and with the way things are going in lebanon i dont think that is going to happen

Tribble is the Grandson and son of some of the best players Lebanon has ever seen. His grandfather played and coached at lebanon a long time ago and was the best player Lebanon has had. Cody is his grandson and played a little last year at fullback dont know what poistion he will be playing this year but alot ppl expect big things from this kid son watch out.

Oakland[/url]Grad,Apr 27 2005 - 01:16 PM]Unless your name is Riverdale, they are going to be seasons where you rebuild. Lebanon lost 19 seniors on a team of 50. Among those 19 seniors were guys such as freddie hall, todd cross, jacob lee, justin johnson, sergio williams, billy bates, peter taylor and other. You simply dont lose that cant kind of talent and not miss a beat. Also keep in mind when you say that Lebanon owns Oakland, the last of the kids that Moose coached are graduating this season. Brown no longer gets to feed off of what he has given, he has to produce the results, and with the way things are going in lebanon i dont think that is going to happen

825659243[/snapback]

moose did nothing with the kids that played for lebanon last year and embarrased your beloved Oakland for yet another year. he stayed as far away from the freshman as possible. almost all of his coaching staff was gone too. how in the world can you be so blind. his great workout program that you think is the best thing since sliced bread got the boot the second coach brown walked in the door. he sold a lot of the equipment that moose brought in, and i think if you ask anyone they will say that past 2 years at lebanon is much better and stronger than anything that happened while marshall was there and how things have been at OHS since he got there. don't open this can of worms again because just like every other time you did you pump out info that is not true and unreliable because you were not there for any of that. lebanon won the weightlifting competition at riverdale again

lebanon will be in the top 4 in the region this coming fall. they now have a coaching staff in place that is starting to not have to rebuild but just reload. of course it is going to be tough to replace 9 senior starters on offense, but when you had a backup fullback and tailback that were just as good as your starters it doesn't matter. the line will not miss much at all. the 3 players that will be the toughest to replace will be billy bates, matt boles, and todd cross.

i see the region like this

RHS- until they get beat they stay here

WCHS- coach stays as well as that backfield, they are for real

LHS- remember the names gaines and tribble scoring behind that big line lead by michael jordan

SHS- too much is staying to drop farther

OHS- i think will barely miss out, they have a ton of players staying but can experience translate into Ws

SHS- finished strong last year and see them going nowhere but up

LHS- same as every year

BHS- these guys have 1 player and i feel so sorry for him

Edited by shaggyJ

I don't think that Smyrna is going to be anywhere but #1 or #2. They are just getting bigger and better every year.

I watched part of the game against Lebanon and the guys from Siegel did not seem very intense...just playing out the string. They should be better but they didn't finish very strong last year. Maybe I'm wrong but that was my perception.

Lebanon and Oakland will probably be fighting over that last playoff spot.

I don't think that Smyrna is going to be anywhere but #1 or #2.  They are just getting bigger and better every year.

I watched part of the game against Lebanon and the guys from Siegel did not seem very intense...just playing out the string.  They should be better but they didn't finish very strong last year.  Maybe I'm wrong but that was my perception.

Lebanon and Oakland will probably be fighting over that last playoff spot.

825664051[/snapback]

i saw siegel play 2 games last year and i saw a huge improvment from one game to the next. they stopped lebanon's first team offense twice in the second half before the drive even got started. i think if they can get their recievers to catch the ball next year(because one of them was plenty fast) they can win 2 games in the region next year. you may very well be right that LHS will be 4 and SHS be higher, but i don't see how you can lose that much talent and move up from 3 to 2 or 1.

Smyrna being picked to finish 4th or out of the top 4 is not that uncommon to hear from folks this year. Only time will tell.

Notes from Smyrna spring practice so far.

Around 75 players are out for football with a few still playing baseball. We will have around 80 players this fall an all time high.

For the first time we are deep enough that scrimmages are very "lively".

Our first team offense is playing against our starting defensive line and our first team defense is playing against our starting lineman it makes for a lot more competition. I can remember a couple yrs ago where the offense would score on nearly every play due to no depth for the scout team.

Line - deepest part of the team very big, very strong, 5 seniors

All 300 plus bench

Bryson - 3yr starter (bp 400)

Adam Smotherman (Vandy commitment but being recruited by lots of d 1 schools)

Sanchez - 3 yr starter

Hall - Most improved

Cromer - 315 lbs

backs - 3 deep at tb with all 3 being different type runners.

sheppard - strong power type runner (bp 330)

hendricks - hits the seams and threat to score from anywhere also can split out and catch the ball great punt kickoff returner

massio - hard to hit very elusive extremely fast

qb - the big question?? Josh Crouch is taking snaps now followed by Tyler Slater

Both are good runners especially Slater running the veer.

Sonny Gray will probably be the qb come fall? He is playing baseball right now

fb - willis good blocker has gotten faster and stronger (bp320) very low to the ground may be more involved in offense in 2005

receiver - Demarcus Martin - 2 yr starter outstaning hands can go up and catch the ball over defenders.

Athlete - Rodriguez Wilkes - Marsalous Johnson brother. Started as a freshman

Can play lb, corner, te. wr he already has the beginning of a college type body and by the time he is a senior should have an nfl type body! future is unlimited if he keeps working hard.

How will all this work out in 2005? Hope we can get in the top 4 in the region because a lot of teams are better than 2004.

Tough non region schedule in 2005 that includeds always tough Brentwood and what everyone says is a great Ravenwood team.

Good test friday 5/6 at LC 6PM come on down and watch.

Cat...I guess Ole Shaggy will have to find out the hard way about Smyrna's line.

Word circulating says that Alsup has been hired at Siegel as an asst coach. FULLBACK....is this true?

825665241[/snapback]

what's the hardway? i don't play. if we get beat by any teams better it will be hard to swallow, but just because he puts up a post saying how big their players are isn't a big deal. Lebanon has some of the strongest players in the state. they won the lifting competion at Riverdale again this year. that of course doesn't mean anything because RHS beat us 34-0.

this looks like it could be a year where the team that finishes 5th will be screwed because that team will be better than most 3rd and 4th place teams in weaker regions.

what's the hardway? i don't play. if we get beat by any teams better it will be hard to swallow, but just because he puts up a post saying how big their players are isn't a big deal. Lebanon has some of the strongest players in the state. they won the lifting competion at Riverdale again this year. that of course doesn't mean anything because RHS beat us 34-0.

this looks like it could be a year where the team that finishes 5th will be screwed because that team will be better than most 3rd and 4th place teams in weaker regions.

825665348[/snapback]

shaggyJ, R'dale strongest lifter did NOT compete this year. He was held out due to Doctors orders. He is back to playing though! :lol:

Now how many of those big old lifters are level squatting and honest 550+?

The 'clone' is now working on his upper body. Swears he is gonna catch my best of 450 bench before the year is over. I am willing to bet he does it to! :lol: