The Dog Pound Invitational 2006

Sommers

We have a few slots left to fill for our second annual Dog Pound Invitational. We already have teams from KY and AL, with several more from throughout the state, including Johnny Masters' newest team in Sycamore. Good luck Coach Masters with your new opportunity there!!

Coach Gonyea will have more details forthcoming. thumb

soms

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a few slots left to fill for our second annual Dog Pound Invitational.  We already have teams from KY and AL, with several more from throughout the state, including Johnny Masters' newest team in Sycamore.  Good luck Coach Masters with your new opportunity there!!

Coach Gonyea will have more details forthcoming.  thumb

soms

825658546[/snapback]

What is it and where is it ?

What is it and where is it ?

825658554[/snapback]

Last year's Individual tournament went smoothly without any glitches, thanks to the planning of Coach Gonyea and Ranger Joe's assistance. The usual high powered teams attended The Father Ryan Tournament, while many "middle of the road" teams came to Smyrna, TN. for the "Dog Pound Invitational," where this event is held each year at the partially renovated or "face-lifted" Smyrna High School.

We should anticipate a well balanced tournament, for the most part each year, with several wrestlers getting hardware (top four) and many other extras,,, including top quality food and facilities.

soms

Last year's Individual tournament went smoothly without any glitches, thanks to the planning of Coach Gonyea and Ranger Joe's assistance.  The usual high powered teams attended The Father Ryan Tournament, while many "middle of the road" teams came to Smyrna, TN. for the "Dog Pound Invitational," where this event is held each year at the partially renovated or "face-lifted" Smyrna High School.

We should anticipate a well balanced tournament, for the most part each year, with several wrestlers getting hardware (top four) and many other extras,,, including top quality food and facilities.

soms

825658588[/snapback]

Is this an open to individuals tournament or team / dual type competition only ?

Last year's Individual tournament went smoothly without any glitches, thanks to the planning of Coach Gonyea and Ranger Joe's assistance.  The usual high powered teams attended The Father Ryan Tournament, while many "middle of the road" teams came to Smyrna, TN. for the "Dog Pound Invitational," where this event is held each year at the partially renovated or "face-lifted" Smyrna High School.

soms

825658588[/snapback]

Hey Soms,,,,,your cracking me up with your journalism. Was the very first Dog Pound Invite not held this past year? LOL....... ;)

Coach G,

You guys ran a great tournament last year!!  It was very smoothly run, and I don't remember hearing of a complaint from anyone!  Great job, and we look forward to next years tourney!

825659356[/snapback]

Thanks,

Here are the teams I have listed so far for 2006...

1.Smyrna

2.Riverdale

3.Blackman (not coming) replaced with Briarcrest Christian School from Memphis

4.Siegel

5.Oakland

6.Clarksville Northwest

7.Beech

8.Sycamore(No longer coming) if someone wants to fill this spot contact me.

9.Greenbrier

10.Lebanon

11.Wilson Central

12.Christian Co. Kentucky

13.Elizabothton?

14.Warren County

15.Shelbyville

16.East Lit

17.Lavergne

18. Saint Benedict's

We have room for a couple of more teams. If you are interested in coming...January 7th... contact me at mgonyea@bellsouth.net

CoachGonyea

"Back to Basics"

Edited by CoachGonyeaSHS

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the following e-mail from coach Masters:

...I will be at Northeast instead of Sycamore. Also, please tell Mark NE will not be at his tournament as we have opted to go to Hillwood... Sycamore, however, will be at Smyrna.

The 9th annual Klassic (Dec. 3) and the Big Mike Memorial duals( Dec. 21) will also be at NE. We are also still looking for a couple of teams in both tournaments...

Anyone interested can email me at johnny.masters@cmcss.net

Congrats on another new adventure, Johnny!!

soms

Edited by Sommers

• 1 month later...