Considerations for Shelbyville

Rick Insell is STILL the head coach at Shelbyville, BUT if he was to get the job at MTSU, this should become a very hot topic. Who would replace a man who has spent 28 years at the helm of Shelbyville? Anyone with thoughts or suggestions? For all we know, Insell may retire at Shelbyville, BUT if he was to leave for the college scene, this vacancy should attract some high profile candidates. Who would have the best shot at the job?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin McMillan. Lynn Burkey, Jack Harlow, Jim Brown...... Any of these four would be great candidates and would continue the tradition of great coaching at SCHS.

825659062[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly. I have the same four on my list as well. Although Burt from Riverdale might also be considered. He has done a good job with their AAU team. I do agree that these four would probably be the final four. All are closely connected to the Insells and have strong ties to the program.

If in fact, Coach Insell is moving on, the word is that the new leader of the Golden Eaglettes will be Lynn Burkey.  Food for thought and discussion.

825659264[/snapback]

I am hearing the same thing. VERY good fit for the program. Eaglettes would not loose a beat. He already coaches Alex Jarrell and Nisha Buchanan on the TN Flight 15under AAU team. Would make an easy transition. Would love to see Coach Burkey in Shelbyville.

Well at least Coach Insell can legally recruit now. It's not often you find a high school coach with as much recruiting experience as Coach Insell. Coach Burkey from Greeneville will be able to continue the recruiting ways of Shelbyville I am sure.

What about Jill Prudden at Oak Ridge or Jim Brown from the 'boro - these are honest coaches

Will now the district can relax. The evil empire is gone. Boy you people are crazy. Shelbyville can and will be tough no matter who comes in to coach. Shelbyville has a lot of talented youing ladies. Yes a lot are sad tonight but they still have to live their lives. They will re group and play hard.

He deserves this chance as much as anybody esle. Go show them Coach

Edited by Sidetrain