Waverly Tiger

Jp-tiger

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only reasin  that wavelry got so lucky is b/c thay did not have thire starting runing back and thire starting line backer  and thire  def of tackle

825691091[/snapback]

Actually it was two tds for Waverly and one for Perry Co. Perry Co. did not have their two starting running backs because they have moved.The 800 yd. rusher moved to South Carolina and the other one moved to Waynesboro, but has since moved to Lawrenceburg.He led the state in punt returns in all classifications with six and two called back because of penalty.Also their starting linebacker and starting off. tackle was out along with their starting def. tackle and off. tackle.Also two of their other starters did not make the trip to Waverly because of academic reasons.When both teams went down and distance Perry Co. won 8-6.Waverly actually did not stop Perry Co. on offense except for maybe once. They went up and down the field but had trouble scoring once they got inside the 20.Perry Co. at times really looked good with their splitback veer.Not a bad looking QB. Waverly has got some good looking kids, especially their fullback/def. end.That kid can play.I think Waverly has got a chance at being really good this year.Just give Coach Graves a chance.He's a good coach. Perry Co. has a ways to go but have got kids with tremendous heart.Coach Rice was saying that this is the best bunch he's had since he's been at Perry Co. as far as the toughness and discipline.But they have got alot of hard work ahead of them, because the new region they are in is a tough one.Good luck to both teams this upcoming season!

• 1 month later...
I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents worth and wish Waverly well cause the "Battle for the Bridge" was turning into a joke!...but really I hope the athletes get behind the new coach and that the team can make the turn around needed to become competitive again....btu I agree with rcombs it may be a few years before that can happen.

825685042[/snapback]

HOLD UP!

IF YOU ARE GOING TO TALK ABOUT BATTLE FOR THE BRIDGE BEING A JOKE LETS GO BACK A FEW MORE YEARS. I BELIEVE THERE WAS ASTRETCH IN THE NOT SO DISTANT PAST WHERE WAVERLY DOMINATE CAMDEN EVERY YEAR FOR ABOUT 10-15 YEARS. DON'T TAKE YOUR LAST 4-5 YEARS AND TRY TO SAY YOIU HAVE WON THE BATTLE. BE A REAL MAN AND LOOK AT THE TOTAL PICTURE.

HOLD UP!

IF YOU ARE GOING TO TALK ABOUT BATTLE FOR THE BRIDGE BEING A JOKE LETS GO BACK A FEW MORE YEARS.  I BELIEVE THERE WAS ASTRETCH IN THE NOT SO DISTANT PAST WHERE WAVERLY DOMINATE CAMDEN EVERY YEAR FOR ABOUT 10-15 YEARS.  DON'T TAKE YOUR LAST 4-5 YEARS AND TRY TO SAY YOIU HAVE WON THE BATTLE.  BE A REAL MAN AND LOOK AT THE TOTAL PICTURE.

825710057[/snapback]

don't get your panties in a bunch....if you break it down in the past 24 years the records stand as 14-10 with Waverly ahead...but if you look at the last 10 its 5-5 with Waverly winning the first 5 years and Camden winning the last 5 in a row....Camden went through their difficulties with coaching just like Waverly has been going through...I think all that was meant by what was said is that we would like to see Waverly as the competitive team of old and maybe with new coaching and some new attitudes that will happen in the near future.

Edited by Lions4ever