redmond top eleven

mjuhb

Funny how CAK (A/AA who can't play with the big boys) could beat most of the teams on that list. They don't get the credit the deserve b/c they are A/AA but that's fine.

825662318[/snapback]

First off, I'm assuming that your referring to the Redmond 11 list. Making the statement that CAK could beat most of the teams on that list is very "strong" language. I'm not a big fan of the rankings. I do find them interesting nontheless

and makes for interesting conversation. However, I'm a big believer in a schools' strength of schedule. From all indications CAK's opponets W-L is an overall 59-71-6. On paper not very strong! I don't want to take anythting away from their 11-0 record, but their schedule is suspect. Their playing Farragut this week. I like what I see in the Farragut program and as far as I'm concerned......THERE BAACCKK!

They may not win state this year, but they'll make a statement. CAK is going to have a very, very tough game against them. Compare the schedules of Brentwood, Hendersonville, Father Ryan, McCallie, CBHS, etc... the list goes on. CAK's schedule simply doesn't compare! I think that CAK should be flattered that their school is even mentioned with this group of teams. I have a great deal of respect for those programs and I like to give credit when it is due. I wish CAK well in their run for the A/AA title.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, I'm assuming that your referring to the Redmond 11 list. Making the statement that CAK could beat most of the teams on that list is very "strong" language. I'm not a big fan of the rankings. I do find them interesting nontheless

and makes for interesting conversation. However, I'm a big believer in a schools' strength of schedule. From all indications CAK's opponets W-L is an overall 59-71-6. On paper not very strong! I don't want to take anythting away from their 11-0 record, but their schedule is suspect. Their playing Farragut this week. I like what I see in the Farragut program and as far as I'm concerned......THERE BAACCKK!

They may not win state this year, but they'll make a statement. CAK is going to have a very, very tough game against them. Compare the schedules of Brentwood, Hendersonville, Father Ryan, McCallie, CBHS, etc... the list goes on. CAK's schedule simply doesn't compare! I think that CAK should be flattered that their school is even mentioned with this group of teams. I have a great deal of respect for those programs and I like to give credit when it is due. I wish CAK well in their run for the A/AA title.

825664112[/snapback]

We are flattered. Any time your team can be recognized in the state is always a joy. I dissagree with your opinions, but I must admit I am quite biased.

I also know that Redmond 11 is one pole done by a few people. While I appreciate the compliments of being on there, and the great things that some people are saying, I also know that none of these things will get us to Memphis.

We need to finish the year strong.

Now..i dont see why theirs a national champion...i guess its just for the heck of it but if theirs no national tournament (that ive heard of) than dont crown a champion...if im correct it is sports writers who hand out the championship...sorry if this is off topic but someone siad something bout dalton georgia who are supposably the best team in the nation...id look to Irmo South Carolina....great team id like to watch these teams play...as far as Tenn. soccer... CAK looks to be really good this year...farragut in AAA isnt as good as they where last year but being the reigning champions theyve earned my respect...dont count them out..Notre dame i believe lost to Mcaallie but teams arent always on their game every night..so in AAA id say right now its a wide open race...A/AA looks like CAK or possibly FRA...DII looks pretty competitive as well ...top eleven teams dont mean anything when A/AA teams arent competing with the AAA and DII schools for the State Crown..their will be 3 champions....thats what i would like to hear everyones opinion on who will get their not who deserves to get their..Rankings dont mean squat

They might want to look out for Webb first.  Webb has several quality wins this year, including Baylor.  CAK should be playing as we speak.  If anyone gets the results of that please let me know.

825664284[/snapback]

Webb won 1-0. Congrats to Webb, and good luck in the rest of their season.

1 Notre Dame

2 father ryan

3 hendersonville

4 brentwood

5 CBHS

6 Mccallie

7 MUS

8 toss up

9 toss up

10 toss up

11 toss up

note: CBHS, FATHER RYAN, NOTRE DAME, BGA, BRENTWOOD, AND HENDERSONVILLE are all very equal when playing at their best. Father Ryan is the more consistant, proven by their schedule.