Sippin?

BlockFace20

Another season pretty much in the books, and it's tourney time you elephants <_<. Enough fooling around let's get to it. Who is gonna throw down this May? Personally... I think MUS can beat any team they want right now. The only obstacle in their path is a well coached, extremely talented McCallie team. Perhaps with home field the Nados can win in the Nooga. It's a sip. :lol: Anyone else smellin' me on this one?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another season pretty much in the books, and it's tourney time you elephants  :lol:.  Enough fooling around let's get to it.  Who is gonna throw down this May?  Personally... I think MUS can beat any team they want right now.  The only obstacle in their path is a well coached, extremely talented McCallie team.  Perhaps with home field the Nados can win in the Nooga.  It's a sip. <_<  Anyone else smellin' me on this one?

825663439[/snapback]

I am going MUS and Lausanne/Cordova. West is bringing home the goods.

I really have to go with MUS on this but not just because I am biased. They have a large group of seniors that have played together for the entire time. Not only that is pretty much the same group that is out there(Gibby, Sawyer, Scales, Rainer, etc.) is the team that blew it in the finals. That puts on revenge factor and more determination to end their high school seasons the right way. thats just my two cents worth though

Personally I just dont think the brothers have what it takes to win it all. They might have the heart but the finals usually comes down to who has the most skill. They might be able to make a run but I would be really surprised if they beat McCallie in the semifinals

Yeah, I can see where youre coming from when you say that the Brothers "might have the heart but the finals usually comes down to who has the most skill." But you have to think...are they really that lacking in the skills department? Granted, they dont have a Dan Gibson who puts up a gaudy (what is it 4/5 goals a game?) but they do have players that can get out there and execute time after time. William Hackett's speed on the fast break is virtually unmatched in the state, leading to lots of opportunitys to score. Tyler Samuels has a CANNON of a shot, I mean this kid rips em' past every goalie he faces...its crazy. Sam Stringfellow, Phill Schafer, and Drew McCleland play suffocating D (thats not to mention all of the other poles the Brothers have waiting on the sidelines). Spencer Darhon (however you spell that) uses his speed and strenght to blow by any opposing D middis. Last but definatly not least is Chris Taylor. This kid, in my opinion, should be this year's 1st Team All-State Goalie. He is amazing. That right there is only a few of the Brothers common powers. William Franklin has been tearin' it up lately as well. And as for Mcallie?? Well let's not forget how close that last game was...Double OT my friends...the Brothers I think will be looking for some revenge. Cmon people, lets give credit where credit is due and count the Brothers in for a possible state championship win.

Yeah, I can see where youre coming from when you say that the Brothers "might have the heart but the finals usually comes down to who has the most skill."  But you have to think...are they really that lacking in the skills department?  Granted, they dont have a Dan Gibson who puts up a gaudy (what is it 4/5 goals a game?) but they do have players that can get out there and execute time after time.  William Hackett's speed on the fast break is virtually unmatched in the state, leading to lots of opportunitys to score.  Tyler Samuels has a CANNON of a shot, I mean this kid rips em' past every goalie he faces...its crazy.  Sam Stringfellow, Phill Schafer, and Drew McCleland play suffocating D (thats not to mention all of the other poles the Brothers have waiting on the sidelines).  Spencer Darhon (however you spell that) uses his speed and strenght to blow by any opposing D middis.  Last but definatly not least is Chris Taylor.  This kid, in my opinion, should be this year's 1st Team All-State Goalie.  He is amazing.  That right there is only a few of the Brothers common powers.  William Franklin has been tearin' it up lately as well.  And as for Mcallie??  Well let's not forget how close that last game was...Double OT my friends...the Brothers I think will be looking for some revenge.  Cmon people, lets give credit where credit is due and count the Brothers in for a possible state championship win.

825665525[/snapback]

McCallie played a very, very sloppy game against CBHS. We were also down some of our best d-poles. I'd be VERY suprised to see CBHS win against us, especially at home. I'm going with McCallie-MUS in the finals.