Sippin?

BlockFace20

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think that Webb is a very good team that has a significant chance of beating CBHS. And for all the "standout" brothers that were mentioned; I personally dont think they match up at all to Sawyer, Bradford, Noel, Gregor, # 2 for McCallie, Burns, Cahill, Caroland, and a few Webb players. For those brothers that think that they are All-Americans look at the stats. As for the poles, I will give you that Stringfellow deserves some recognition, but don't forget about Turk, the two poles from McCallie that were suspended for two games, Scales, Knight, and Grapski. As for goalie I don't understand how you could say that Taylor is definately first team, look at Rainer's stats. He has played less games and avgs. better stats; he is also leading the state in interceptions and is like a 7th defender on the field.

I also think that Webb is a very good team that has a significant chance of beating CBHS. And for all the "standout" brothers that were mentioned; I personally dont think they match up at all to Sawyer, Bradford, Noel, Gregor, # 2 for McCallie, Burns, Cahill, Caroland, and a few Webb players. For those brothers that think that they are All-Americans look at the stats. As for the poles, I will give you that Stringfellow deserves some recognition, but don't forget about Turk, the two poles from McCallie that were suspended for two games, Scales, Knight, and Grapski. As for goalie I don't understand how you could say that Taylor is definately first team, look at Rainer's stats. He has played less games and avgs. better stats; he is also leading the state in interceptions and is like a 7th defender on the field.

825665886[/snapback]

i think the finals we be mus over mccallie, and if youre gonna mention noel, and sawyer, and other mus players,dont forget gibby.

Edited by lax08

Just because the Brothers players might not have quite the hype that the MUS all-universe players do does NOT mean that they "don't match up" to them. The Brothers can beat MUS, they have proved it once, and for all of those who said "it was a fluke, MUS wasnt ready for that", then what happened in game 2? Yes Yes MUS won, but no where close to the blowout people were saying it would be. CBHS lost a close one (the score may not quite show it, but for all of those who were there it was close). Trust me, CBHS is capable of winning state this year. Now your going to bring up the MBA game...and you probably should bring that up. All I have to say is that it will not happen again. Trust me people, do not count CBHS out for a state championship.

Edited by c-lax

wait if you are going to mention the second cbhs mus matchup and it was a close one. Well considering one ref was the father of the starting cbhs goalie and the other one was the father of an assistant coach, that might have a little to do with the supposed VERY lopsided penalty book. If I am informed correctly didn't mus have something like 19 penalties and cbhs something like 4. Maybe if it was a FAIR game the score would have been what it should have. I am calling a mus mcCallie matchup for the champ, but it WOULD be cool if the brothers could pull a major upset.

I don't understand your reasoning here. You say look at the 2nd MUS game, the score doesn't indicate it was close but it was. That doesn't make any sense. I was there and the game seemed to reflect the score. Granted, the brothers made a run near the end, but MUS just took the run and turned it in their favor and made a run of their own to make the game unreachable.

I could understand if you said the score doesn't indicate the game for a sport like soccer. But lacrosse is pretty straight foward....you score or you don't. You win or lose. Don't give me stupid reasoning like that. I do think CBHS is capable of turning heads, as they have already done this year. But I can't see them staying hot enough, long enough, to win a state championship.

wait if you are going to mention the second cbhs mus matchup and it was a close one. Well considering one ref was the father of the starting cbhs goalie and the other one was the father of an assistant coach, that might have a little to do with the supposed VERY lopsided penalty book. If I am informed correctly didn't mus have something like 19 penalties and cbhs something like 4. Maybe if it was a FAIR game the score would have been what it should have. I am calling a mus mcCallie matchup for the champ, but it WOULD be cool if the brothers could pull a major upset.

Woah Woah Woah. Maybe the reason MUS had so many penalties is because they have defenders who can't control themselves. Now I am definatly NOT saying MUS's poles aren't good...they are good...in fact, I think they are some of the most talented in the state. But when the game gets close and tensions/tempers are running high, they freak out and wail on some attackman. Chill out with the ref thing man...thats not right. True, the refs have ties to CBHS, but David Taylor (the goalie's dad) has ALWAYS been a fair ref and called a good game. I'm not saying he's perfect, I've seen him make bad calls too, but there was no favoritism at that game from him. As for the other ref...man he's a bad ref anyway; can't stand the guy. But dont use refs as an excuse to avoid the fact that CBHS is good.

Just because the Brothers players might not have quite the hype that the MUS all-universe players do does NOT mean that they "don't match up" to them.  The Brothers can beat MUS, they have proved it once, and for all of those who said "it was a fluke, MUS wasnt ready for that", then what happened in game 2? Yes Yes MUS won, but no where close to the blowout people were saying it would be.  CBHS lost a close one (the score may not quite show it, but for all of those who were there it was close).  Trust me, CBHS is capable of winning state this year.  Now your going to bring up the MBA game...and you probably should bring that up.  All I have to say is that it will not happen again.  Trust me people, do not count CBHS out for a state championship.

825666162[/snapback]

I thought we dropped that game and decided that MUS beat CBHS by 3? Good luck against McCallie, it would be interesting to see CBHS in the finals

Edited by MSter lax

Personally I just dont think the brothers have what it takes to win it all. They might have the heart but the finals usually comes down to who has the most skill. They might be able to make a run but I would be really surprised if they beat McCallie in the semifinals

825665475[/snapback]

personally im biased for MUS, but saying that heart doesnt really determine the outcome of games is not completely wrong, but i dont think its right.. take last years state championship for example, everyone knows that MUS was more skilled than McCallie, but look who won, granted that mccallie was a talented team, but everyone i think thought mus was going to bring home yet another state championship. i have seen cbhs play and they do play with a lot of heart, but i just dont see them taking down mccallie.. the most important thing you can have is experience, and no one from cbhs has that.

Division II doesn't really matter at all, but DI i'm thinkin MUS over Mccallie. :unsure:

825666524[/snapback]

How dare you show a lack of respect for divison II. Like heck divison II doesnt matter i bet 2 or 3 teams on divison II could upset teams on divison I. I know teams that can actually beat divison I teams. I play on one of them. we went 5-1 in divison I play. Any team on any given day could pull up a upset. Heart and pride goes alot farther than skill. I am not some cocky punk kid I just belive you should show some respect when especialy on a topic of Divison II lax you know nothing about.

It seems to me that CBHS is setting themselves up for a big loss against Webb by focusing too much on the finals. True, CBHS has talent, but to say that they can compete with McCallie or MUS on a day to day basis is wrong. One or two close games with McCallie or MUS don't make you a great team. McCallie got beat by Westminster, but I think everyone here will agree that if they played again, McCallie would come out on top. Just because CBHS beat MUS and came close with McCallie doesn't mean they are equal teams.

As far as who is going to be All-State, stats should have alot less to do with it than presence on the field, and who they put those numbers up against. To have a DI team beat 5 DII teams 20-2 or something like that inflates the stats, but it doesn't mean that you're a great player. McCallie has probably the toughest schedule in Tennessee, and our stats show it. We don't have a single player with more than 25 goals, we've only had one or two lopsided wins, and we've only played 11 games. In spite of this, we are 8-3 with our 3 losses coming during a period where we were down 3 d-poles and a middie, and had to reshape the team in order to play. Everyone knows that Gregor, Brafford, Jackson, Stevens, and Hughes are among the top players in the state, but if you looked at stats you would think that they were mediocre at best.