What teams are the most underrated?

CaNyOuTaKeIt

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen a great hitting team be shut out by a slow pitcher because it isn't seen that much, and especially if they aren't used to it.  Some fast pitchers will also only throw change ups to some teams because they know thats a weakness

825687427[/snapback]

It happens once in a blue moon...but normally a great hitting team will destroy a slow pitcher. I've never seen a fast pitcher afraid to throw a fastball and only throw changeups..very few pitchers have a good changeup. if thats the case, her fastball isnt very fast.

It happens once in a blue moon...but normally a great hitting team will destroy a slow pitcher. I've never seen a fast pitcher afraid to throw a fastball and only throw changeups..very few pitchers have a good changeup. if thats the case, her fastball isnt very fast.

825687517[/snapback]

I have seen in some pitchers where her change up is just as good as her fast ball....

I have seen in some pitchers where her change up is just as good as her fast ball....

825687523[/snapback]

I've seen a pitcher throw a perfect game (no hits, no walks, no errors) and lose too, but that doesnt mean its something that happens very much! Most pitchers that have to rely on a changeup to get the batters out wont last very long against a quality team.

Dobyns-Bennett pitcher Kelli Depew was 50-18 in two seasons making it to the substate game both years (losing to Maryville both games) and could not break 50 mph. She had pinpoint control and had enough change in speed to keep batters off balance. Everyone in East Tennessee called her fastball and changeup slow and slower

Must tell you something about the competition they are playing in E TN

825688164[/snapback]

This D-B team played in the Cookeville tournament Cumberland County tournamet Their own Kingsport tournament Lexington SC tournament and the Alzalea tournament in Summerville SC. Nonconference games against Unicoi County Gate City, Virginia and Powell Valley, Virgina I think that speaks for the level of competion this team played.

Dobyns-Bennett pitcher Kelli Depew was 50-18 in two seasons making it to the substate game both years (losing to Maryville both games) and could not break 50 mph.  She had pinpoint control and had enough change in speed to keep batters off balance.  Everyone in East Tennessee called her fastball and changeup slow and slower

825688158[/snapback]

upper east tennessee teams dont come close to being as good as the teams in the nashville and chattanooga area....she wouldnt survive in those areas.

How do you know.... Have you ever seen any East TN  teams play....

825688197[/snapback]

yes I have...and I have to admit that I'm not too impressed with many of them. Gibbs always has a strong team, and lately maryville has had a good team, but outside of those two, the others are not that strong. The knox area always sends teams to the state tourney, and usually, except for Gibbs, are some of the first to get eliminated. Just look what Maryville did this year in the state tourney...Lost badly their first two games and were out..If the state tourney were to truly take the top eight teams in the state, instead of having to take some from each of the four regions, the upper east tennessee area would have few teams ever competing. Usually when a team from that area plays a team from middle tenn or chattanooga, they get shutout because they arent used to facing pitching that throws it 60-plus mph.

Edited by rtyree1121