What teams are the most underrated?

CaNyOuTaKeIt

According to the speeds at the World Series, most of the college pitchers are in the upper 50's to lower 60's with a few exceptions, like Monica Abbott, who was in the mid to upper 60's.

825688257[/snapback]

Every starting pitcher that pitched in the world series threw it consistantly in the low to mid 60's, and a few threw it in the high 60's. Jennifer Wright was the slowest of any of the starting pitchers, and she threw it 60-61 mostly. The only pitcher that I saw that threw it in the 50's is the backup for Michigan. The only time they threw it lower than 60, it was a changup. Even their curveballs and other offspeed pitchers were in the 60's...thats why they were in the world series.

Edited by rtyree1121

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes I have...and I have to admit that I'm not too impressed with many of them.  Gibbs always has a strong team, and lately maryville has had a good team, but outside of those two, the others are not that strong. The knox area always sends teams to the state tourney, and usually, except for Gibbs, are some of the first to get eliminated. Just look what Maryville did this year in the state tourney...Lost badly their first two games and were out..If the state tourney were to truly take the top eight teams in the state, instead of having to take some from each of the four regions, the upper east tennessee area would have few teams ever competing. Usually when a team from that area plays a team from middle tenn or chattanooga, they get shutout because they arent used to facing pitching that throws it 60-plus mph.

825688241[/snapback]

Powell played Rossview to a 4-2 loss, then beat the Collierville team 8-0 before losing 2-0 to Soddy. Not too bad a showing for a team that started four freshmen and will only lose two seniors.

Every starting pitcher that pitched in the world series threw it consistantly in the low to mid 60's, and a few threw it in the high 60's. Jennifer Wright was the slowest of any of the starting pitchers, and she threw it 60-61 mostly. The only pitcher that I saw that threw it in the 50's is the backup for Michigan. The only time they threw it lower than 60, it was a changup. Even their curveballs and other offspeed pitchers were in the 60's...thats why they were in the world series.

825688273[/snapback]

Thorson from CAL threw mostly in the high 50's to 61 at the most. She is an extremely good pitcher.

I've seen a pitcher throw a perfect game (no hits, no walks, no errors) and lose too, but that doesnt mean its something that happens very much! Most pitchers that have to rely on a changeup to get the batters out wont last very long against a quality team.

825687699[/snapback]

If you think that quality teams cant hit fastballs you havent watched enough softball. It's the off-speed that will strike out a good batter. Ofcourse a really good fastball will make your off speed that much better!

If you think that quality teams cant hit fastballs you havent watched enough softball.  It's the off-speed that will strike out a good batter.  Ofcourse a really good fastball will make your off speed that much better!

825690739[/snapback]

I know alot of girls that if you pitched them a fastball they would knock the cover off the ball, but If you pitched them a Offspeed pitch they would swing 5 or 6 times before the ball got there.........