Since the Braves don't get talked about enough on here I thought I would make a topic soley about them. The Braves have started out slow in hitting the ball this year, but their starting pitching has been great. Their bullpen still remains in question and think we need to go out and get a set-up man, and a good hitting OF. What are your thoughts on the season so far?

Tonight the Braves take on the Houston Astros.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the Braves don't get talked about enough on here I thought I would make a topic soley about them. The Braves have started out slow in hitting the ball this year, but their starting pitching has been great. Their bullpen still remains in question and think we need to go out and get a set-up man, and a good hitting OF. What are your thoughts on the season so far?

Tonight the Braves take on the Houston Astros.

825666124[/snapback]

injuries are gonna make or break their season. Jordan and Mondesi have held up so far but their track record shows they could hit the DL anytime now. Giles and Chipper battled injuries all of last year and both have already missed some games this year as well. im gonna go out on a limb and say atleast one of these guys has a lengthy DL stint this year sometime so that means their pitching will be the biggest factor. you know your gonna get good stuff from Hudson and Smoltz but i dont think Hampton and Thompson can keep doin what they are right now. if they can, the Braves are postseason bound, if not, they're in trouble. alot of Braves fans i know are givin up on Kolb already but really he's a good closer, he's just in an early season slump...he was an allstar last year with the Brewers.

Well all I can say is! BOBBY COX! The man is a genius and the Braves will make the playoffs, Cox doesnt know how not to make the playoffs and if they have injuries, he will do what he has done in years past, find someone to plug the hole until the starter gets back(ex Charles Thomas, Nick Green, Mark Derosa, Keith Lockhart, Eli Marrero, Trinidad Hubbard, Dwayne Wise, etc.)! The man is absolutely the greatest baseball mind in all of MLB right now! And somehow he always seems to make the right move and after it works out, he just smiles and shakes hands! This year will be no different, he has Wilson Betemit and Ryan Langerhans to work with and plug holes and if needed, I am sure he has some back down in the minors he can call up and they will be able to contribute! Seriously, how many times you ever seen Cox call up a player and then send them down within a month because they wasnt ready? Never he knows when guys are ready to contribute at the next level! Now he has sent them down because their services were no longer needed at that time, but never because a player wasnt ready! So look for Cox and the Braves to be cruising into the playoffs!

BTW, another man you can never leave out, Leo Mazzone, look at how many careers he has turned around(Denny Neagle, John Burkett, Andy Ashby, Mike Hampton, Chris Hammond, etc.)!

Most people that I know are Braves fans. It's the closest ballclub to the Mid TN area. I was born in St. Louis, MO and moved to Tuscaloosa, Alabama, and then ended up in Cookeville, TN. I was a born Cardinals fan. My second team would be the braves, just not when they play the Cards. I don't know how any other person around here (in TN) became a Cardinals fan. Maybe they jumped on the bandwagon. Living in Alabama, everybody was pretty much a Braves fan. It's just the closest club.

man....the Braves put an @$$ whoopin on the Astros today. the bats were smokin and Hampton keeps pitching brilliantly. the Braves should just go ahead and sign Leo Mazzone to a lifetime contract...Hampton wasnt even worthy of being in a rotation a few years ago and now Mazzone has turned him back into the 20 game winner he once was.

Edited by btowntigers

man....the Braves put an @$$ whoopin on the Astros today. the bats were smokin and Hampton keeps pitching brilliantly. the Braves should just go ahead and sign Leo Mazzone to a lifetime contract...Hampton wasnt even worthy of being in a rotation a few years ago and now Mazzone has turned him back into the 20 game winner he once was.

825668081[/snapback]

I hear that, I loved watching todays game. Looks like Andruw Jones is heating up which will be very important for the Braves this season. Adam LaRoche is also starting to swing the lumber very well. Leo is the best pitching coach in the Majors and possibly the best of all time. Hampton has been just as good as Johan Santana since last all-star break but Hampton isn't get much publiciity from the media. How about the homer by Hampton today.

I hear that, I loved watching todays game. Looks like Andruw Jones is heating up which will be very important for the Braves this season. Adam LaRoche is also starting to swing the lumber very well. Leo is the best pitching coach in the Majors and possibly the best of all time. Hampton has been just as good as Johan Santana since last all-star break but Hampton isn't get much publiciity from the media. How about the homer by Hampton today.

825668198[/snapback]

yea Hampton can stroke...he can swing the bat good enough to make the roster as a position player if he wasnt a pitcher. not only did he shut the Astros down today, but he outscored them too...ouch, it must stink to be an Astro.

yea Hampton can stroke...he can swing the bat good enough to make the roster as a position player if he wasnt a pitcher. not only did he shut the Astros down today, but he outscored them too...ouch, it must stink to be an Astro.

825668205[/snapback]

They'll win the division, lose in the divisional round.........again.