Grace @ Baylor

Great win Grace. Good luck in the tournament. I guess Baylor just uses their best stuff against ND and McCallie: 7 goals out of 12 shots vs 0 for 13 against Grace. Carlos truly is a great Goalie, is he planning to play in college? I sure hope so, he'll do well wherever he plays. thumb

Edited by Readthefield

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win Grace.  Good luck in the tournament.  I guess Baylor just uses their best stuff against ND and McCallie: 7 goals out of 13 shots vs 0 for 13 against Grace.  Carlos truly is a great Goalie, is he planning to play in college?  I sure hope so, he'll do well wherever he plays. thumb

825667241[/snapback]

Yes!!

Great win Grace.  Good luck in the tournament.  I guess Baylor just uses their best stuff against ND and McCallie: 7 goals out of 12 shots vs 0 for 13 against Grace.  Carlos truly is a great Goalie, is he planning to play in college?  I sure hope so, he'll do well wherever he plays. thumb

825667241[/snapback]

He really deserves a chance to play college ball. He's got the technique, he's vocal, he quarterbacks the team, and just downright gutsy. He apparently has just signed with Bryan College who is losing their senior keeper. Carlos is a good catch for them and will make his presence known.

Edited by SoccerPop

I just got done man. Tell you mom thanks for cleaning up after me.

My role with this win? I played the hard-working American man that was unjustly called into work and could not attend.

My role in last year's win over the Red Machine? oh yes, that right, even ole' Grace Golden Eagles/ih8tntemple played soccer last year.

mtnman, eating you words never taste so good, am I right? (But seriously, Mello Yello? Mountain Dew is the drink for mountain men. Liquid Gold, the King of Beers, Mountain Dew!!)

825667167[/snapback]

haha now ur trying to get personal bringing my mom into it..atleast the whole coach t nation now knows u like oversized women..

this is easily the most competitive high school soccer season that chattanooga has ever had. the results of the various state tournaments will decide how the quality is. personally, i don't think from a quality stand point this is one of the better years but it sure has been exciting.

Even though there is no such thing really as a good loss, this might not be all that of a bad thing for them, maybe this game will be a wakeup call for them. After beating Mccallie and notre dame like they did they were probably a little cocky going into the game and underestimated grace. I think it is better that they got the loss to grace than in a region tourney game which would really ruin thier season.

Ok seriously though...

The Golden Eagles of Grace completely ruin another Senior Night.  :D Too bad. Sorry Boyd and Baylor. The civilized world has been shocked.

[

825667127[/snapback]

Also, I was at the game and Baylor's senior night was not 'ruined' by this loss. They still had their cookout and activites and just sook the loss off and moved on.

What really bothered me was the way the Grace players reacted after the win. After the game a few of the players, not all of them, started yelling money can't buy you skills, making catcalls to baylor's managers, and other things like that. The Baylor guys were much better sports in defeat than the Grace boys were in a win.

Also, I was at the game and Baylor's senior night was not 'ruined' by this loss.  They still had their cookout and activites and just sook the loss off and moved on. 

What really bothered me was the way the Grace players reacted after the win.  After the game a few of the players, not all of them, started yelling money can't buy you skills, making catcalls to baylor's managers, and other things like that. The Baylor guys were much better sports in defeat than the Grace boys were in a win.

825667403[/snapback]

Another display of class from one of Chattanooga's Christian schools.

Grace Golden Eagle- I do have my favorites and I do have "associations" It depends who is playing who. I have my general biases just like everyone else. Am I a Grace fan? Most of the time.

UNCfan13 seems to have something against Chattanooga's Christian schools. Is this something that you have seen as a pattern?

Probably not a good topic for a message board. Topics like that seem to get out of hand real quick.

Also, I was at the game and Baylor's senior night was not 'ruined' by this loss.  They still had their cookout and activites and just sook the loss off and moved on. 

What really bothered me was the way the Grace players reacted after the win.  After the game a few of the players, not all of them, started yelling money can't buy you skills, making catcalls to baylor's managers, and other things like that. The Baylor guys were much better sports in defeat than the Grace boys were in a win.

825667403[/snapback]

Baylor guys, in my years of experience, have nearly always been good sports, win or lose. I have no experience with any Grace teams, but a win like last night's over an established power is going to be emotion charged for a team like Grace. They are high school players with a wide range of ages and experience in public displays. I hope you will forgive a few excited players their transgressions. My guess is Grace's coach has already "made adjustments" so the boys will act like they've been there before, the next time they pull off an upset. Congratulations to Grace and good luck to Baylor in the tournament---except, of course, if you play Catholic.

wow...what a yesterday!! both teams played great , but i would have to say that Baylor actually played better overall. they just couldnt get one to go in the net. Carlos played an amazing . it was a physical , but it wasent as physical as the Grace vs Boyd . the refs did an outstanding job of keeping everything under control and nothing got out of hand. i would say that there were 3 or 4 yellow cards and one red card. In my oppinion (of course i dont know for sure), the red card was probably given for things SAID not things DONE. the collision on the red card was not even a big deal, but there were obviously words exchanged and tempers flaring afterwards. and about the grace players not being classy after the : yes, you are right in saying that it was a bad show of class and that it shouldnt have gone on. on the other hand, it was a HUGE win for grace, and no one expected it to happen and there was a lot of emotion. another thing i would like to say...dont pull the whole "Christian School" card...that ticks me off. just because a few soccer players were not giving a good testimony for Christ doesnt mean that you can pull the "another bad showing of class by Chattanooga's Christian schools".