IMAC Baseball Tourney

PTSportsWriter

Yep I dont get that either Cory Shaw and Kent Basile should easily make the all region team and they didnt even get mentioned in the district. If the sportswriters vote instead of the coaches hopefully they will set things right. They both blasted the ball and played great defense. Sure would like to hear how that happned?

What is the stroy you mention within itself? I be t ythey batted at least 400-500 in the tournament and had a bunch of homeruns? Go figure.

825675632[/snapback]

I heard from a parent of the Canes that Coach A only nominated the 3 kids that made all district and no one else. I thought there were at least 4 others worthy of at least being voted on,but that is just my opinion.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from a parent of the Canes that Coach A only nominated the 3 kids that made all district and no one else. I thought there were at least 4 others worthy of at least being voted on,but that is just my opinion.

825675660[/snapback]

Do you know what the final stats were? Alos stats for the tournament? Which should count for more. Why does East High not post stats in nothing but football?

Who is the athletic directer? Who keeps the stats? Looked in the Knoxville paper today and it was the only game not reported. Go figure

Do you know what the final stats were? Alos stats for the tournament? Which should count for more. Why does East High not post stats in nothing but football?

Who is the athletic directer? Who keeps the stats? Looked in the Knoxville paper today and it was the only game not reported. Go figure

825675684[/snapback]

I have no idea what final stats were and it is a policy for some reason that our coaches do not post in the papers if they do not have a reporter there. Coach Decker is the A.D. Stats are kept by coaches and some parents keep their own books for their personal knowledge. I think they do this to stress the importance of team play and not the glorification of individuals.Just My Opinion

I have no idea what final stats were and it is a policy for some reason that our coaches do not post in the papers if they do not have a reporter there. Coach Decker is the A.D. Stats are kept by coaches and some parents keep their own books for their personal knowledge. I think they do this to stress the importance of team play and not the glorification of individuals.Just My Opinion

825675705[/snapback]

I bet if West played they would have had the newspaper and photographer at the game last night. Watch what little coverage the local newspaper will

have because it is East high. West might of even had the channel ? TV news there. <_<

Speaking of stats , I would like to see the stats for errors. Some stats are obviously over rated , but others may not be. It has been the same all year.

Obviously that had little to do with the all conference selection, like defense does not matter. Who do you think led the team in errors this year? Coaches should take this in consideration before they nominate for "all anything" and especially before they place someone in a skill position. Make sense? :angry:

I bet if West played they would have had the newspaper and photographer at the game last night. Watch what little coverage the local newspaper will

have because it is East high. West might of even had the channel ? TV news there.  :D

Speaking of stats , I would like  to see the stats for errors. Some stats are obviously over rated , but others may not be. It has been the same all year.

Obviously that had little to do with the all conference selection, like defense does not matter. Who do you think led the team in errors this year? Coaches should take this in consideration before they nominate for "all anything" and especially before they place someone in a skill position. Make sense?  :ph34r:

825675730[/snapback]

Hey CNFn,

I couldnt agree more with what you posted. What a disgrace the "Citizen Tribune" showed towards one of its own teams. Well, actually i guess you cant really consider East one of their own. West no matter what sport gets more precedent over East sports in every category. For Example two Sundays ago during the district tournament West loses something like 10-0 and are on the front sports page and East wins there game and are pushed back to page 9 of the paper. I am not suprised to see it this way however its always been this way. East teams and players get better press and coverage out of oposing teams newspapers than they do by The Citizen Tribune. Its truely amazing that East makes it to the Regional tournament and there is no coverage at all by the "local" newspaper. Maybe it is time to consider canceling subscriptions and advertisments.

Hey CNFn,

I couldnt agree more with what you posted. What a disgrace the "Citizen Tribune" showed towards one of its own teams. Well, actually i guess you cant really consider East one of their own.  West no matter what sport gets more precedent over East sports in every category. For Example two Sundays ago during the district tournament West loses something like 10-0  and are on the front sports page and East wins there game and are pushed back to page 9 of the paper. I am not suprised to see it this way however its always been this way. East teams and players get better press and coverage out of oposing teams newspapers than they do by The Citizen Tribune. Its truely amazing that East makes it to the Regional tournament and there is no coverage at all by the "local" newspaper. Maybe it is time to consider canceling subscriptions and advertisments.

825676113[/snapback]

I agree East fans should seriously consider canceling their subscriptions and business people their advertisements.

Hey CNFn,

I couldnt agree more with what you posted. What a disgrace the "Citizen Tribune" showed towards one of its own teams. Well, actually i guess you cant really consider East one of their own.  West no matter what sport gets more precedent over East sports in every category. For Example two Sundays ago during the district tournament West loses something like 10-0  and are on the front sports page and East wins there game and are pushed back to page 9 of the paper. I am not suprised to see it this way however its always been this way. East teams and players get better press and coverage out of oposing teams newspapers than they do by The Citizen Tribune. Its truely amazing that East makes it to the Regional tournament and there is no coverage at all by the "local" newspaper. Maybe it is time to consider canceling subscriptions and advertisments.

825676113[/snapback]

Maybe it is just me but is seems that it has gotten worse the past five years or so. Even Jeff county gets more coverage in the Tribune than the Canes. I complained to the Tribune, and was quickly told it was not a " Morristown " paper but a "Lakeway " paper. I guess East is not in the Lakeway but Jeff County, Rutledge and Claiborne County are. If the Cane coaches would do a better job of reporting stats the Knox Sentinel would publish them, so some of the fault may be with the coaches or AD or whoever is responsible for that type of information.

Maybe it is just me but is seems that it has gotten worse the past five years or so. Even Jeff county gets more coverage in the Tribune than the Canes. I complained to the Tribune, and was quickly told it was not a " Morristown " paper but a "Lakeway " paper.  I guess East is not in the Lakeway but Jeff County, Rutledge and Claiborne County are. If the Cane coaches would do a better job of reporting stats the Knox Sentinel would publish them, so some of the fault may be with the coaches or AD or whoever is responsible for that type of information.

825676514[/snapback]

The Knox Sentinel and Prep Xtra say that the East coaches and AD choose not to participatle. In light of the fact that we now realize we don't really have a local newspaper, I think they need to be encouraged to post in the Knox paper. They have been approached but frankly I don't think they care except for the football coach. Unfortunate for the kids. Part of the message may be that Morristown East really does not emphasize their sports programs. Frankly if I were a student athlete I would go elsewhere.

The Knox Sentinel and Prep Xtra say that the East coaches and AD choose not to participatle. In light of the fact that we now realize we don't really have a local newspaper, I think they need to be encouraged to post in the Knox paper. They have been approached but frankly I don't think they care except for the football coach. Unfortunate for the kids. Part of the message may be that Morristown East really does not emphasize their sports programs. Frankly if I were a student athlete I would go elsewhere.

825676666[/snapback]

I hear what you are saying but I think East High's problem may be more internal. They have to get their act together first inside before they can effect the outside. There have been some athletes come through East recently that I thought should have gone Division I , but they didn't even get a letter. There have always been some that lived on the East side who go to West for their athletic program. No matter what you think about West they do have the best athletic program and place more athletes. After the recent lack of coverage by the Tribune I agree we should make the Knoxville paper our hometown paper but the AD and coaches will have to get their act together first. At least our football coach has figured it out. It is no wonder that program seems like it is gaining momentum while the others do not.

I hear what you are saying but I think East High's problem may be more internal. They have to get their act together first inside before they can effect the outside. There have been some athletes come through East recently that I thought should have gone Division I , but they didn't even get a letter. There have always been some that lived on the East side who go to West for their athletic program. No matter what you think  about West they do have the best athletic program and place more athletes. After the recent lack of coverage by the Tribune I agree we should make the Knoxville paper our hometown paper but the AD and coaches will have to get their act together first. At least our football coach has figured it out. It is no wonder that program seems like it is gaining momentum while the others do not.

825676700[/snapback]

Happy to see that at least East football placed stats on PrepXtra last year.Hope they keep it up this year and also please place roster and stats on Coacht.It was nice to see our kids get some recognition and see how they stacked up with other players in the area. We have some good prospects coming up and good to see they will receive the recognition they deserve. But we should not expect it in the Tribune. Hope our AD makes it required for all east sports.

I hear what you are saying but I think East High's problem may be more internal. They have to get their act together first inside before they can effect the outside. There have been some athletes come through East recently that I thought should have gone Division I , but they didn't even get a letter. There have always been some that lived on the East side who go to West for their athletic program. No matter what you think  about West they do have the best athletic program and place more athletes. After the recent lack of coverage by the Tribune I agree we should make the Knoxville paper our hometown paper but the AD and coaches will have to get their act together first. At least our football coach has figured it out. It is no wonder that program seems like it is gaining momentum while the others do not.

825676700[/snapback]

I understand that some coaches do not send stats because they want to stress the team concept, but at the same time they are denying a kid that has worked their tail off the recognition they deserve. After all high school is short, most will not play in college, and when they are old and gray all they will have left is a scrap book. It would be nice to have something to put in it.

I understand that some coaches do not send stats because they want to stress the team concept, but at the same time they are denying a kid that has worked their tail off the recognition they deserve. After all high school is short, most will not play in college, and when they are old and gray all they will have left is a scrap book. It would be nice to have something to put in it.

825676803[/snapback]

It is part of a coaches job to post stats. Those who don't do it are telling you they are not interested in promoting the kids. Don't expect those coaches to contact college recruiters to promote their players. Recruiters are dependent on coaches as they only have so much time. Rarely will a kid get noticed in a small town like Morristown when the newspaper is read only be the local yocals.

The (team concept) is just an excuse for the fact they could care less. Don't believe it for a minute. I have known a few recruiters and they will be the first to tell you how important coaches and stats are in the process of selection.

Palazzola , Francisco and Simpson (with grades) come to mind as kids who should have been highly recruited. I consider that a failure of the coaches and the athletic department to prepare and promote these kids for the next step and that incudes academic mentoring. Who was the last Division 1 athlete recruited or coming out of East? Blake Garretson should be an ACC/SEC recruit in football, but I doubt he will even get a look because of the lack of preparation and promotion at East. Mark my words and wait and see.