Wild Card Games

WestKnox

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know who won the games for both D1 and D2. Once we get that established, does anyone have any picks? Holla

825667545[/snapback]

Franklin beat Brentwood in DII.

Good game by Andrew Jensen and the rest of the Franklin team good luck in Chattanooga.

Thanks Catterton you played a great game as well. I think you are one of the number one reasons brentwood had such a great team this year.

It seems as if our team has come leaps and bounds from where we were at the beginning of the season, we probably played (as a team) our best games all season this weekend and it seems like we are only getting better every game. We were an expansion team this year and most of this years starters never even touched the field when were Chs/Fhs. I think it just took some time for all of the Sophmores and Juniors to come out of their shell and get used to playing with one another.

Great season Bwood im sure you will have a great team next year

p.s. could this weekend's reffing be any worse

those refs were terrible

Thanks Catterton you played a great game as well. I think you are one of the number one reasons brentwood had such a great team this year.

It seems as if our team has come leaps and bounds from where we were at the beginning of the season, we probably played (as a team) our best games all season this weekend and it seems like we are only getting better every game.  We were an expansion team this year and most of this years starters never even touched the field when were Chs/Fhs.  I think it just took some time for all of the Sophmores and Juniors to come out of their shell and get used to playing with one another.

Great season Bwood im sure you will have a great team next year

p.s. could this weekend's reffing be any worse

those refs were terrible

825667952[/snapback]

Thanks for the compliment Jenson, I appreciate it. You guys really have improved a TON since we first played you, and you guys are only going to get better. That's the scary thing. :ph34r: And yes those ref's were absolutely terrible, they threw out one of our players and made him leave the field entirely!

I couldnt tell there was a 5 minute period where everyone went nuts we had 3 people in the box, our coach just about killed the head ref, and it was complete madness on both sides. I dont think anyone really knew what was going on because like 50 things happened at once and i didnt even think it was a dirty game(although powers did lose his temper once) but the refs were throwing people out and gave us like 10+ minutes in penalties(3 minutes of that was cuz of robert harshmans(#1) illegal stick)

(every single evo pro i have ever seen ends up being illegal if u play with it long enough)

Edited by AndrewJ

I couldnt tell there was a 5 minute period where everyone went nuts we had 3 people in the box, our coach just about killed the head ref, and it was complete madness on both sides.  I dont think anyone really knew what was going on because like 50 things happened at once and i didnt even think it was a dirty game(although powers did lose his temper once) but the refs were throwing people out and gave us like 10+ minutes in penalties(3 minutes of that was cuz of robert harshmans(#1) illegal stick)

(every single evo pro i have ever seen ends up being illegal if u play with it long enough)

825668236[/snapback]

Oh yes the time you are talking about there was 3 flags down and 2 hats. Chaos indeed. I might be wrong but I think thats the second time this year we played you guys and you got charged with an illegal stick. :lol:

There have been a lot of problems with evo and revo pros being deemed illegal. Before you purchase one, you may want to measure it to make sure it isn't too "pinched." I haven't heard any problems with the E3, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to measure just to err on the side of caution.

Have to give props to Franklin-most improved DII team from beginning until the end. Good luck in Nooga.

Brentwood played the game like they were a step behind in reactions or loose balls or sliding. David made some great saves on some point blank shots.

The officiating this weekend was bizarre at best. In the first game, one official routinely would make a call from the complete opposite side of the field with the "properly" placed official right in front of the call not calling anything. Not once did they enforce the proper "player on/player off" rule, even when at one time the Brentwood coach screamed "they have 15 players on the field!" And how many times David do you think the crease was violated? They had players rolling into the net and nothing was called.

The second game, the officiating was all over the board. One offical was on Drew the whole game, as I heard as he challenged him going down the sideline. Eventually Drew lost his cool and got tossed. Both coaches got penalities, players were being called for even looking at the offical wrong. They became the game and players got tight. Losing Drew (IMO the best stick skills of any long stick D around-and I will include the vast majority of DI here as well) killed us.

That being said, the officiating didn't cost Brentwood the game-Franklin wanted it more and had the better squad that match.

Great season for the Bruins, and with a young team, better things ahead.

Have to give props to Franklin-most improved DII team from beginning until the end.  Good luck in Nooga.

Brentwood played the game like they were a step behind in reactions or loose balls or sliding.  David made some great saves on some point blank shots.

The officiating this weekend was bizarre at best.  In the first game, one official routinely would make a call from the complete opposite side of the field with the "properly" placed official right in front of the call not calling anything.  Not once did they enforce the proper "player on/player off" rule, even when at one time the Brentwood coach screamed "they have 15 players on the field!"  And how many times David do you think the crease was violated?  They had players rolling into the net and nothing was called.

The second game, the officiating was all over the board. One offical was on Drew the whole game, as I heard as he challenged him going down the sideline.  Eventually Drew lost his cool and got tossed.  Both coaches got penalities, players were being called for even looking at the offical wrong.  They became the game and players got tight.  Losing Drew (IMO the best stick skills of any long stick D around-and I will include the vast majority of DI here as well) killed us.

That being said, the officiating didn't cost Brentwood the game-Franklin wanted it more and had the better squad that match.

Great season for the Bruins, and with a young team, better things ahead.

825668594[/snapback]

I just don't know what it is about the ref's in Tennessee lacrosse, it may just be DII but there is some serious officiating problems here. In the first game for example I had players roll around the crease and just fall into it atleast 2 or 3 times, they just trotted right through. Also there were a lot of times where an attackman would be standing on the crease as I was clearing the ball. I followed through with my pass like normal and hit the attack man's stick as I was passing, no goalie interference was called. This happened at least 3 times.

It seems like these refs are so thin skinned that if you say the slightest thing such as, oh come on now ref, you got flagged easily. After this happens a number of times in one game coaches and players start to get more and more irritated with them. Words begin to fly towards the refs, and with those words flying so do the flags and in some cases the hats. There is going to have to be some kind of change with the way officiating is ran in Tennessee DII Lacrosse.

oh just to add another little tid-bit about the reffing crew, the refs were 30 minutes late to the tournament games this weekend pushing everything back.

btw, fromthetop2 who are you?

Edited by BHSLax