Controversy in 3-AAA

HTV

Just throwing in my two cents here. I know rules are rules and that Halls can protest and win the game, but this just seems a little cheap. If you guys recall, there was a similar situation in boys basketball this past year where Halls backup point guard played in too many quarters in a certain period of time. The game that he was illegally playing in, he hit about 5 3's to help lead Halls past Powell. Coach Ogan was asked about this and, from what I've heard, simply said "If they can beat us with him playing that many quarters, they deserve to win." Now, obviously, I know it's a different set of coaches and players for Halls baseball than basketball, but it would have been nice to see Halls show the same kind of class that Coach Ogan showed them.

825668105[/snapback]

Lets me tell u something first this isnt basketball and second rules are rules. What the point of having rules if u dont have to obide by them buddy. Second Halls has more class then most school around.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not gonna matter in a couple of weeks when Halls meets up with Ooltewah again! :lol:

825668107[/snapback]

How do u figure it not goin to matter in a couple of weeks. U can run u mouth all u want we will see about that. Just keep runnin it but we will see if u all can play it

Main and Observer, the reason why you know that halls cheers better than softball teams is b/c you all arent good enough to play ball yourself and are too busy watching them then playing.

825668497[/snapback]

watching them? aren't you on the team? you talk like you arent I may be wrong but still why cheer like a softball team.... wouldnt you want to be known as more of a baseball team than softball team? I mean two words for ya "bush League" .....

watching them? aren't you on the team?  you talk like you arent I may be wrong but still why cheer like a softball team.... wouldnt you want to be known as more of a baseball team than softball team? I mean two words for ya "bush League" .....

825668581[/snapback]

Why does everyone latch out at Halls for being in the game? Pretty much all the players were up off the bench clapping like Halls has for a long time and in turn the Halls fans were also. It's tradition and to see most of the players up their participating with each other, isn't that somewhat of a demonstration of a team working together. I guess Halls should just sit down and talk back and forth amongst themselves in the dugout like a lot of the other teams and be reminded of when it's their turn to bat, that way other envious people won't ridicule you all for playing together and participating together.

Define Irony:

Froning, OR's coach, used to coach at Sullivan North. Sullivan North won a state championship in the 80's (before Froning's time) when McGavock's pitcher threw one to many pitches in the state championship game. Froning ended his teams season with the same error.

Edited by iremember1

How about a schedule for today's games. Thanks

825668622[/snapback]

Clinton - Campbell County at 5

Halls - Karns at approximately 7:30

The loser of the first game is eliminated.

The winner of the second game passes on to the finals on Wednesday and is in regional play.

The winner of the first game and the loser of the second play tomorrow night to get to Wednesday's final.

Edited by HTV

Why does everyone latch out at Halls for being in the game?  Pretty much all the players were up off the bench clapping like Halls has for a long time and in turn the Halls fans were also.  It's tradition and to see most of the players up their participating with each other, isn't that somewhat of a demonstration of a team working together.  I guess Halls should just sit down and talk back and forth amongst themselves in the dugout like a lot of the other teams and be reminded of when it's their turn to bat, that way other envious people won't ridicule you all for playing together and participating together.

825668600[/snapback]

Jamesd you can be in the game but everyone in unison chanting things thats softball, ya know the two years farragut won state the three times i played against them they did nothing of that sort, all they did was cheer when something good happened for them not the whole entire game even when somethin wasnt happening. and its lash out at halls not latch just clarifying that

So how many actual innings did Jason Nichols pitch in??

CardianlCat,

I dont believe it is low of Coach Polston....It is stupid of Coach Froning..if the ruel stands, and protest works...I hate anyones season to end like this, but Coach Polston is doing the best thing for his team..all it would take for them if he didnt do this would one slip up and there hopes are diminished

825667727[/snapback]

You all can just tell Dougie that his team got beat with Lockwood on the mound that was just it. If it wasnt in a tournement he wouldnt have had a thing to do about his team getting beat. Halls just got BEAT, period!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jamesd you can be in the game but everyone in unison chanting things thats softball, ya know the two years farragut won state the three times i played against them they did nothing of that sort, all they did was cheer when something good happened for them not the whole entire game even when somethin wasnt happening.  and its lash out at halls not latch just clarifying that

825668630[/snapback]

good point, got in too big of a hurry, lash out

if i'm not mistaken it's only done when halls is batting and when the pitcher has the ball. It starts back up after each pitch. You can call it softball or whatever, but maybe different teams and schools have their own way of involving themselves in the game. I don't think anyone should talk bad about another teams tradition or how they approach the game, especially if they're considered one of the best in the state.