Controversy in 3-AAA

HTV

Oak Ridge just beat Halls on the scoreboard 4-2, but apparently that's not going to stand. Halls coach Doug Polston has filed a protest claiming that Oak Ridge pitcher Nichols (I think the first name is Jason), who pitched a complete game today against the Red Devils, has pitched too many innings in a 24 hour period without the proper rest. Nichols apparently pitched in relief last night, too.

If the protest stands, which I was told in a phone call that it likely will, Halls will win by forfeit.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak Ridge just beat Halls on the scoreboard 4-2, but apparently that's not going to stand.  Halls coach Doug Polston has filed a protest claiming that Oak Ridge pitcher Nichols (I think the first name is Jason), who pitched a complete game today against the Red Devils, has pitched too many innings in a 24 hour period without the proper rest.  Nichols apparently pitched in relief last night, too. 

If the protest stands, which I was told in a phone call that it likely will, Halls will win by forfeit.

825667660[/snapback]

How many innings did he throw last night?

i think he threw 3 against karns. he didnt throw very many pitches in those 3 innings though. karns got a lot of hits early in the count.

825667684[/snapback]

did he throw 3+ innings? i.e came in and got an out, pitched 2 innings,

got two outs, and then was taken out?

Did the game today go 7 innings or an extra one?

Edited by davidlimbaugh