Southern Baptist Educational Center

Grace Golden Eagles

If I recall correctly, the school was originally located in TN, but then moved to a new campus that was just across the border. They asked to retain their membership in the TSSAA and were allowed to do so.

I remember this coming up when they won the Clinic Bowl two years ago, so my memory may be a little fuzzy, but that's how it stuck with me.

But, is it in Southhaven, MS or Memphis, TN?

Can Viginia High School in Bristol, VA play in TSSAA?

825669904[/snapback]

SBEC was in Memphis, Tn, but its new campus is across the state line in Mississippi. I am in agreement that they should not compete in TSSAA.

Gee whiz, what's the difference? They're in a suburb of Memphis, not a suburb of Atlanta. I don't have a problem with them competing in TN, especially if they've got a tradition in Tennessee. However, if I was TSSAA, I would make them follow TSSAA rules wherever (or if) those are different from Mississippi rules.

I don't know about competing in TSSAA, but when I was playing in Upper East TN we almost never played Virginia teams in any sport. I think it would be pretty neat for Virginia High, John Battle, Gate City and even Abingdon to play Tennessee High, Dobyns-Bennet, Sullivan Central, and Sullivan North, for example, on a regular basis. Maybe they do now.