Farragut vs Maryville

thatoneguy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farragut 1 Maryville 0

PK's after 2 ots aand 2 5 min sudden death periods.

Farragut played a man down for over 55 minutes.

Farragut vs Bearden Friday, the way it should be.

825671223[/snapback]

Sounds like it was a very good game. Who scored and who got a red for Farragut?

Austin Rhodes got a red card, which should have been a yellow at MOST. It was given for a foul right after Robert Fisher got absolutely leveled in the Maryville box, which the ref failed to call (and didn't call ANYTHING in Farragut's favor the whole night).

Farragut stepped it up playing a man down, and they still dominated ball control and shots. They really showed heart tonight.

As for the PKs, scoring for Farragut: Matt Dakin, Forrest Tuten, Scott Kensel, and Brad Pease - all putting their shots away after a first Farragut PK miss. Bearden v Farragut friday night, should be a great rematch.

I was also trying to figure out why he took out his starting keeper during the shootout. Although it was a sad ending for Maryville, it's the way things should have ended. Though Maryville had a few opportunities, Farragut possessed and had many more chances of scoring. It was still an ugly game to watch, but a fun ending.

Was Maryville playing for the shootout the whole game or something? After the redcard it seemed as tho they were attacking with only 2 or 3 at most at top and leaving the rest to defend the one man down Farragut side. I expected to see a heck of a lot more of an offensive from the Rebels' side, but I am glad with that display they lost in the PK's because it was pretty lame. Granted there were a few chances for the rebs with the advantage, but the admirals came close as well....inexcusable with that adavantage. Either way, Farragut definitely dodged a tough game and needs to get it together to be successful against better teams.

I am also at a loss as to why the starting goalie from maryville was pulled in favor of another in PK's....could someone from Maryville please explain...great game either way.....

Was Maryville playing for the shootout the whole game or something? After the redcard it seemed as tho they were attacking with only 2 or 3 at most at top and leaving the rest to defend the one man down Farragut side.  I expected to see a heck of a lot more of an offensive from the Rebels' side, but I am glad with that display they lost in the PK's because it was pretty lame.  Granted there were a few chances for the rebs with the advantage, but the admirals came close as well....inexcusable with that adavantage.  Either way, Farragut definitely dodged a tough  game and needs to get it together to be successful against better teams.

I am also at a loss as to why the starting goalie from maryville was pulled in favor of another in PK's....could someone from Maryville please explain...great game either way.....

825671454[/snapback]

Apparantly the replacement is supposed to be better at defending pk's than the all-state keeper. And by the way, it wasnt the coaches decision, it was the keeper's.

Props to Maryville for giving them a good game. To last that long with Farragut says a lot about your program. Losing in PK shootout is one of the hardest ways to lose, though (not that there is an easy way).

What kind of a team will Maryville have next season?

it was a good game im proud of my boys from maryville becuase no one thought we would stand a chance... Jared Ziegler is a great goalie he is gonna do very well next year but he had been doin better on PK then jenkins in practice so it was desided to use jared instead of ryan... i was just unlucky for jared becuase he tiped two balls and knew he could have had them but o well he gave his 110% anyway i guess well just have to wait till next year