Froning to resign?

catpack

There comes a time when you have to take the heat for doing a poor job of coaching and Coach Froning not only has admitted error but has taken blame for ending his own teams season. Any time I see a coach do the right thing I must salute this coach. Unlike Oak Ridge's former football coach who always blamed the players Coach Froning has shown character and should be admired for his stance on this matter.

This rule is to protect the pitchers from injury. Rules are rules. Halls has every right to protest but not an obligation. Does this show character for the Halls coach? You can answer that one yourself....If you get your butt kicked, in an upset, where it is obvious there was no intent regarding Oak Ridge to gain advantage where does character reveal itself? You lick your wounds and congradulate Oak Ridge and call it a season. Karma will reveal itself in Halls next few games.

Great effort Oak Ridge Players!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Polston clearly stated in the local paper that OR outplayed Halls in that game. In so many words he said OR played great and his team played bad, so what else does he need to admit and "lick wounds" over?

If the situation were reversed, I am quite sure that OR would protest the outcome as I would hope any coach would. I doubt most people think that there was an intentional rule violation, but the rules were broken none the less.

Sneakypete nice post: High School baseball is about the kids/players it is a sad day when any team plays so well, against one of the best teams in the nation, upsetting them and getting the death penalty for a coaches fops. Indeed an error was made and the rule is a very important one. But does the penalty fit the crime? I don't feel it does. Their should be a punishment for the coach who broke the rule. The Oak Ridge players deserve another game whither they playback to the inning where the rule violation started or add a losers bracket game to give the players another opportunity they deserve.

It's for the kids!

Sneakypete nice post: High School baseball is about the kids/players it is a sad day when any team plays so well, against one of the best teams in the nation, upsetting them and getting the death penalty for a coaches fops. Indeed an error was made and the rule is a very important one. But does the penalty fit the crime? I don't feel it does. Their should be a punishment for the coach who broke the rule. The Oak Ridge players deserve another game whither they playback to the inning where the rule violation started or add a losers bracket game to give the players another opportunity they deserve.

It's for the kids!

825669537[/snapback]

One of the best teams in the nation?!?!?!? Say whaaaaaaat? hahahahah!

Halls is not one of the best teams in the nation. So what? They went to the trojan classic and beat chatt. finest. and also grad from the nest your team didn't even win district. enough about that. the pitcher for OR that pitched against Halls threw 200-214 pitches in those 2 days plus warmups etc... Think the coach had concern about that????? He KNEW exactly what he was doing. The punishment fit the crime case closed.Halls was beat and OR wanted to win no MATTER what!!!! Did OR deserve another game not on the past history in the tssaa on this matter.Coach you screwed up on purpose. He did admit his mistake case closed. the game goes neither as a win or loss.Also where were the OR fans in realizing this? they don't know the rules???? no score keeper or assistant coach asked questions???? Makes one wonder????? <_<

oh by the way catback in the light if these questions I would think that the CHARACTER of the OR coachs actions should be in question more so that Halls coach. OR DO YOU APPROVE OF FRONINGS ACTIONS maybe OR fans need an obligation to approve of such actions and /or character. <_<

The players played there hearts out and win only to have their coach blow it period.

GOOD SEASON OAK RIDGE TEAM!!!!!! thumb

YOU DESERVED BETTER FROM YOUR COACH ACTIONS and CHOICES!!!!!

I have coached all the way up to 15-year old Babe Ruth level, and have been involved with baseball in some form or another for over 20 years.

There is ZERO excuse for a coach not knowing pitching limit rules, whether in regular season or tournament play, but I am constantly amazed by the percentage who do not.

There is ZERO reason to attack a coach for filing an appeal over a violation of rules. Rules are not placed in a rulebook to serve as suggestions.

Coaches make mistakes. Live and learn. Doesn't make a coach a cheater, liar, or idiot because of violating a rule. It makes him a human. We all make mistakes.

No reason to be upset at a coach for pointing out a violation. A rule is a rule and should not have been broken.

From reading these forums, seems like both coaches have been more reasonable in their approaches than fans.

Food for thought?

I have coached all the way up to 15-year old Babe Ruth level, and have been involved with baseball in some form or another for over 20 years.

There is ZERO excuse for a coach not knowing pitching limit rules, whether in regular season or tournament play, but I am constantly amazed by the percentage who do  not.

There is ZERO reason to attack a coach for filing an appeal over a violation of rules.  Rules are not placed in a rulebook to serve as suggestions.

Coaches make mistakes.  Live and learn.  Doesn't make a coach a cheater, liar, or idiot because of violating a rule.  It makes him a human.  We all make mistakes.

No reason to be upset at a coach for pointing out a violation. A rule is a rule and should not have been broken.

From reading these forums, seems like both coaches have been more reasonable in their approaches than fans.

Food for thought?

825669634[/snapback]

Great post.

There comes a time when you have to take the heat for doing a poor job of coaching and Coach Froning not only has admitted error but has taken blame for ending his own teams season. Any time I see a coach do the right thing I must salute this coach. Unlike Oak Ridge's former football coach who always blamed the players Coach Froning has shown character and should be admired for his stance on this matter.

This rule is to protect the pitchers from injury. Rules are rules. Halls has every right to protest but not an obligation. Does this show character for the Halls coach? You can answer that one yourself....If you get your butt kicked, in an upset, where it is obvious there was no intent regarding Oak Ridge  to gain advantage where does character reveal itself? You lick your wounds and congradulate Oak Ridge and call it a season. Karma will reveal itself in Halls next few games.

Great effort Oak Ridge Players!

825669292[/snapback]

My advise to Coach Froning is don't resign. An honest mistake was made that Hall's coach could have ignored. Seems he knew the rule and was just waiting to

apply the protest since he knew he could not win legitimatelym

There is ZERO excuse for a coach not knowing pitching limit rules, whether in regular season or tournament play, but I am constantly amazed by the percentage who do  not.

There is ZERO reason to attack a coach for filing an appeal over a violation of rules.  Rules are not placed in a rulebook to serve as suggestions.

Coaches make mistakes.  Live and learn.  Doesn't make a coach a cheater, liar, or idiot because of violating a rule.  It makes him a human.  We all make mistakes.

Food for thought?

825669634[/snapback]

Honestly,

How many pitches would you allow a high school player to throw? If it's anywhere over 110-120, you shouldn't be a coach. The pitcher obviously doesn't have proper control and needs to be relieved anyway. Froning has consistently allowed players to throw 150-200 pitches on consecutive days. This is inexcusable from a former AA (?) pitcher who is a math teacher and should be able to count how many innings a pitcher throws a pitch (4 from the night before and 7 that day). That equals 11, which is greater than 10, which is in violation of the rules, which he knew, since he was informed the inning before by others. Caught up in the moment...yeah right. This is unacceptable behavior from someone in a AAA class school. The Halls coach used the tools available to him, which is a credit to him. Froning did not, which is a discredit to him. Too bad the players have to put up with this nonsense. Another question...where was the parent of the young man who threw that many pitches? Don't they care enough about their child to protect him from the "Coach"? What a joke!!!

My advise to Coach Froning is don't resign. An honest mistake was made that Hall's coach could have ignored. Seems he knew the rule and was just waiting to

apply the protest since he knew he could not win legitimatelym

825670055[/snapback]

I THINK THE COACH SHOULD NOT RESIGN...HE MADE A MISTAKE AND IT COST HIS TEAM A HIGHLY DESIRED GOAL..THE OTHER COACH WAS PERFECTLY RIGHT TO BRING THE RULE INFRACTION TO LIGHT..I AM SURE THAT THE COACH WHO SCREWED UP THIS TIME WOULD DO IT IN A HEARTBEAT IF THE SITUATION WAS REVERSED..IT IS HIS JOB AND RESPONSIBILITY TO DO SO..HE HAS ADMITTED THE MISTAKEE AND I AM SURE HE IS VERY SORRY..COACH HAWKS @ OAKLAND HS IN MURFREESBORO DID NOT RESIGN WHEN HE DID THE SAME THING A FEW YEARS AGO IN THE DISTRICT TOURN AGAINST HIS MOST INTENSE CROSSTOWN RIVAL, RIVERDALE H S ..HE EVEN ASKED THE R'DALE COACH IF HE REALLY WANTED TO WIN THAT WAY AND HE WAS TOLD BY COACH POWERS FROM R'DALE THAT RIVERDALE WAS GOING BY THE RULES AND EVERYBODY ELSE SHOULD TOO.. I TOTALLY AGREE 1000% WITH COACH POWERS.. HE BROUGHT THE INFRACTION TO THE ATTENTION OF THE UMPIRE CREW WHO TURNED IT OVER TO THE STATE OFFICE..THEY RULED THE GAME A FORFIET BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT WAS RIGHT..

Edited by CUBCADET