DISTRICT 5AAA: The Best it's Ever Been!

RadioJet06

some things never change...and when its all said and done, no one from your district will advance to the sectionals, except maybe Cumberland county..and thats only because Ooltewah cant quit fighting amongs themselves.

You still never answered my question...who is it that they have played that they have beaten?

825670151[/snapback]

[/quote

The Lady Jets are going to be in the sectionals! Mark My words you softball "GURU" They wil be there! Bottom Line

825670161[/snapback]

I hope you are right...because i'm from middle tennessee, and any team that beats the chattanooga teams in the regionals is alright in my book....but i'm not counting on it...your only chance is to not have to play soddy...you wont beat them...and that is the bottom line!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some things never change...and when its all said and done, no one from your district will advance to the sectionals, except maybe Cumberland county..and thats only because Ooltewah cant quit fighting amongs themselves.

You still never answered my question...who is it that they have played that they have beaten?

825670151[/snapback]

[/quote

The Lady Jets are going to be in the sectionals! Mark My words you softball "GURU" They wil be there! Bottom Line

825670161[/snapback]

Sorry just gotta throw this out there, Who won the Crossville Tournament or should who in the Championship, not Cumberland County......Walker Valley(5AA school) and Knox Halls(not sure)....Crossville's got a good team, but I wouldn't go as far as saying they will make it to Sectionals, If you win the Tournament or get 2nd who do you play, is Ootlewah or Soddy Daisy......Sorry if it is, you may not be good enough to beat a Ootlewah team that has more problems than any softball team I know........

I gotta join this fray.

Chattanooga has some great teams. District 5AAA is not as strong as District 6AAA. I know this to be true.

This is not Cumberland's fault. They have tried to schedule a strong schedule. No one is willing to travel to CCHS. The Lady Jets will play anybody anytime on their field so long as they will return in kind. Coach does his best. but there are rarely any takers.

What RadioJet says is true. Bradley is better than people give them credit for this year. Good pitching, but a defnese that either makes the spectacular plays or can;t make the routine. Jeckal and Hyde team to be sure. BCHS can beat anybody.. sometimes can be beat by anybody.

As far as good teams CCHS has beaten? Well, for the past 2 years, CCHS has beaten anyone you can name... except for Soddy (gotta give them their due). This year's team, although somewhat young, has beaten Goodpasture, Hendersonville, and Knox Central (a good team this year). CCHS is playing better with each game.

Proud to support the Lady Jets on yet another good year.

By the way, for Coach T-bone to get thrown out of a game, it must have been a very bad call. He is a Class act (with a capital C). If anyone has details, I would like to hear them on a private PM.

By the way RadioJet... we in Cumberland County talk softly shhhhh and carry the big stick into tourney time! Not being talked about on this board is actually a blessing. Bleecherbum is being honest from his point of view. He could have gotten ugly, but didn't. Respect is earned each year. The Lady Jets will get what they deserve. thumb JET PRIDE! "Off we go into the........"

Best wishes on winning the district. Need that home game on Monday!

Same is true for Soddy coming to Cumberland Co's tournament (I think it is almost always the same weekend, right?) Crossville's Centenniel Park is very busy. That is the weekend CCHS gets the park every year to host the Plateau Invitational. Soddy is invited every year. They came in 2002 and did well.

CCHS played Soddy this year in Cookeville. Lost 4 to 2 with a very young team (prom was that weekend).

Soddy has my respect. Got to meet Coach Kirk personally during summer ball when he temporarily coached the Frost Falcons and when my daughter played for him at last year's TN-Georgia all-star game. Good coach, and I like his style of opportunistic small ball. I just wish CCHS had the talent pool of pitchers he has year after year.

That being said, I doubt CCHS would go out of their way to play Soddy. They know they will have to meet if we do well.

I was mainly talking about the other strong teams out there not in Region 3AAA. The only time we have seen Beech was at Hendersonville Tourney 2 years ago (split the Championship with them due to their losing too many players and only able to field 8, and beat them last year at the Worth in Murfreesboro). We have a winning record against Goodpasture the past 3 years (CCHS lost for the first time against them this year). Our Coach went to meeting of the KIL 2 years ago and could not get a game with anyone.

It is tough getting games being isolated up on the Mountain. However, that does not diminsh the strength of CCHS, nor the overall improvment of District 5AAA this year. Bradley is a much improved team this year, and can give anybody a loss (yes anybody). Rhea has a great young pitcher. Cleveland is a little off. McMinn is starting to put building blocks in place for the future with their youth programs.

I gotta join this fray.

Chattanooga has some great teams.  District 5AAA is not as strong as District 6AAA.  I know this to be true.

This is not Cumberland's fault.  They have tried to schedule a strong schedule.  No one is willing to travel to CCHS.  The Lady Jets will play anybody anytime on their field so long as they will return in kind.  Coach does his best. but there are rarely any takers. 

What RadioJet says is true.  Bradley is better than people give them credit for this year.  Good pitching, but a defnese that either makes the spectacular plays or can;t make the routine.  Jeckal and Hyde team to be sure.  BCHS can beat anybody.. sometimes can be beat by anybody. 

As far as good teams CCHS has beaten?  Well, for the past 2 years, CCHS has beaten anyone you can name... except for Soddy (gotta give them their due).  This year's team, although somewhat young, has beaten Goodpasture, Hendersonville, and Knox Central (a good team this year).  CCHS is playing better with each game.

By the way, for Coach T-bone to get thrown out of a game, it must have been a very bad call.  He is a Class act (with a capital C).  If anyone has details, I would like to hear them on a private PM.

By the way RadioJet... we in Cumberland County talk softly  shhhhh  and carry the big stick into tourney time!  Not being talked about on this board is actually a blessing.  Bleecherbum is being honest from his point of view.  He could have gotten ugly, but didn't.  Respect is earned each year.  The Lady Jets will get what they deserve.  thumb  JET PRIDE!  "Off we go into the........"

Best wishes on winning the district.  Need that home game on Monday!

825670719[/snapback]

Deadeye, you are deadeye on that one...respect is earned, not given to you. I know what you mean about its hard to get teams to come play CCHS at their field, but it has nothing to do with the distance, or how strong they are. The problem comes from the limited number of games allowed by the TSSAA. After the normal district games are scheduled, it doesnt allow much room for other teams. Thats why the better teams play in tourneys every weekend...they are allowed more games when they do this than by scheduling individual non-district games.

I gotta join this fray.

Chattanooga has some great teams.  District 5AAA is not as strong as District 6AAA.  I know this to be true.

This is not Cumberland's fault.  They have tried to schedule a strong schedule.  No one is willing to travel to CCHS.  The Lady Jets will play anybody anytime on their field so long as they will return in kind.  Coach does his best. but there are rarely any takers. 

What RadioJet says is true.  Bradley is better than people give them credit for this year.  Good pitching, but a defnese that either makes the spectacular plays or can;t make the routine.  Jeckal and Hyde team to be sure.  BCHS can beat anybody.. sometimes can be beat by anybody. 

As far as good teams CCHS has beaten?  Well, for the past 2 years, CCHS has beaten anyone you can name... except for Soddy (gotta give them their due).  This year's team, although somewhat young, has beaten Goodpasture, Hendersonville, and Knox Central (a good team this year).  CCHS is playing better with each game.

By the way, for Coach T-bone to get thrown out of a game, it must have been a very bad call.  He is a Class act (with a capital C).  If anyone has details, I would like to hear them on a private PM.

By the way RadioJet... we in Cumberland County talk softly  shhhhh  and carry the big stick into tourney time!  Not being talked about on this board is actually a blessing.  Bleecherbum is being honest from his point of view.  He could have gotten ugly, but didn't.  Respect is earned each year.  The Lady Jets will get what they deserve.  thumb  JET PRIDE!  "Off we go into the........"

Best wishes on winning the district.  Need that home game on Monday!

825670719[/snapback]

I understand your modesty, but as a huge Lady Jet Softball fan I hve to be confident!! Plus, I can never resist a good sports argument, and I do feel that the Lady Jets are very under apreciated ;)

Who won the District Tourney?and who got 2nd?

825672322[/snapback]

Just as I predicted, The Lady Jets Got a huge win over Bradley Central in the District Championship game 2-0. The Lady Jets move on to play Red Bank in the regionals Monday night @ 7:00. The Lady Jets are going to sectionals, and maybe STATE!!! :unsure:

Hey listen here! I'm not talking about over the past 20 years. I'm talking about this year's edition of district 5 which you obviously know nothing about! We'll just see who comes out on top when Regions roll around, and you better be in here taking your medicine when it happens!!  ;)

825670133[/snapback]

With Cleveland coming in 2nd place in the district, no wonder your league doesnt get any respect.

With Cleveland coming in 2nd place in the district, no wonder your league doesnt get any respect.

825672718[/snapback]

I think most everyone would agree that Cleveland eliminating Bradley in the finals of the loser's bracket was an upset. Bradley and Cumberland split during the regular season and this was the only loss for both teams in the district. Bradley just looked like a tired team against Cleveland for some reason. Having said that, Cleveland got it done when it counted, so you have to give credit to them for that.