Milan routes Lexington 13-3

westtn2004state

Who pitched for Lexington ?

825671227[/snapback]

I think his first name was Chad or Cory, but I may be way off. He was not one of their Aces. J. Keck did not have a very good tourney as far as what I saw. Can the Lexington fans not clap when the Milan player get called out to the all district team? Just another example of the poor sportsmanship that goes on in that town. This world does not rotate around them and they should have just a little bit of down-home niceness to the players from other teams that made the team. As for the umpires of the last to games. You can not change calls just because the Lexington coach did not like the call (come on guys, stick with one call and quit changing your minds about it at the last second.)

I think his first name was Chad or Cory, but I may be way off.  He was not one of their Aces. J. Keck did not have a very good tourney as far as what I saw.  Can the Lexington fans not clap when the Milan player get called out to the all district team? Just another example of the poor sportsmanship that goes on in that town.  This world does not rotate around them and they should have just a little bit of down-home niceness to the players from other teams that made the team.  As for the umpires of the last to games.  You can not change calls just because the Lexington coach did not like the call (come on guys, stick with one call and quit changing your minds about it at the last second.)

825671419[/snapback]

"Just another example of poor sportsmanship that goes on in that town" Hey, purple dog did you go to any of the Lexington/Milan basketball games this past season?? I do not understand why the Milan "fans" have all the problems in the world when they play Lexington in any sport?? B)

Win OR lose the purple dogs fans are never, ever happy..why is this??

Your treated just as well here has Lexington players & fans are in Milan!! ;)

Lexington has played this season against: USJ, Huntingdon, Hardin Co., Jax Northside, HUMBOLDT, Chester Co., McNairy Co., Munford, Riverside, Mckenzie, Camden...ALL local teams some good - some bad but, we never have all the cry baby crap that you clowns bring evey time these two ball clubs meet!!

If you are looking for "down home niceness" keep your butt in Milan where everthing is purple & white!! thumb

I think his first name was Chad or Cory, but I may be way off.  He was not one of their Aces. J. Keck did not have a very good tourney as far as what I saw.  Can the Lexington fans not clap when the Milan player get called out to the all district team? Just another example of the poor sportsmanship that goes on in that town.  This world does not rotate around them and they should have just a little bit of down-home niceness to the players from other teams that made the team.  As for the umpires of the last to games.  You can not change calls just because the Lexington coach did not like the call (come on guys, stick with one call and quit changing your minds about it at the last second.)

825671419[/snapback]

Look MilanMan,

The worst display of sportsmanship from fans I have ever seen at a sporting event came at a playoff game between Milan and Melrose back in the mid 90s. I think it was a first round game (yes, Lexington was horrible that year in football) and sat next to a a group of 50 year old men. All I heard the entire game was the Milan men making fun of Melrose's players, coaches, and fans. I'm a small town boy too, but the racial slurs out of their mouths were even a bit too much to what I am used to. It didn't matter, I think the final was 56-0 Melrose.

I can think of very few times in my life when the hometown crowd goes crazy over a archrival team's players being announced to an All-district team. I've also never heard one team's fans complain so much about every move another team makes as Milan does over Lexington. I'm thankful we don't play you at football and Huntingdon gets your attention then.

Congrats to the Milan team. I haven't seen them in person, but I am sure they are a very good team. Maybe we'll get to play again next Wednesday.

The Lexington-Milan rivalry goes back many years to the old Volunteer Conference, Little League, Babe Ruth, and etc. These two towns have battled for years in about everything from Football (Jim Stowe vs. John Tucker) to Marching Band (Leeburn Harris vs. Pete Evans). I can say that both towns are very arrogant when it comes to our sports and activities. Both have great athletes that have given their all. I can remember as a little boy going over to Milan and seeing Steve Arnold run wild all over Bulldog field, and watching Ernest Fields and others work their magic for the Bulldogs. Both towns have great tradition when it comes to athletics. I have good friends from Milan and I enjoy talking with them about the great rivalry. Its great to have a rational conversation with someone that enjoys good competition.

It is really a shame when people get on here and other message boards and try to ruin what is pure and good about high school athletics. Sometimes, I am for taking parents out of the game and just letting the kids play. Isn't this about them anyways. Why do some parents continually want to cast dispersions on others. Good Grief. Get a life. Enjoy your child while you can, quit trying to live vicarioulsy through them, and keep your negative comments to yourself. Posting your negative thoughts on an open forum for everyone to read makes you no authority on anything.

Just my opinion for what it's worth.

"Just another example of poor sportsmanship that goes on in that town" Hey, purple dog did you go to any of the Lexington/Milan basketball games this past season?? I do not understand why the Milan "fans" have all the problems in the world when they play Lexington in any sport?? B) 

Win OR lose the purple dogs fans are never, ever happy..why is this??

Your treated just as well here has Lexington players & fans are in Milan!! B)

Lexington has played this season against: USJ, Huntingdon, Hardin Co., Jax Northside, HUMBOLDT, Chester Co., McNairy Co., Munford, Riverside, Mckenzie, Camden...ALL local teams some good - some bad but, we never have all the cry baby crap that you clowns bring evey time these two ball clubs meet!!

If you are looking for  "down home niceness" keep your butt in Milan where everthing is purple & white!! thumb

825671437[/snapback]

Neither Milan nor Lexington have any room to say anything about sportsmanship...Between the Milan players and coaches and some of the Lexington fans (but not the team as a whole) neither one of you are going to be winning any sportsmanship medals....you are both very good teams with alot of great athletes so you should just let it be played out on the field. Appreciate the rivalry ON THE FIELD that you have and leave the name calling out of it. Good luck to both of you ....straighten up your acts and represent 11AA well!