tullahoma ?

mjuhb

"Supposedly TSSAA and the referee assignor called the Tullahoma coach? I've only read that in this forum. If it happened, that's wrong as well. TSSAA should have informed ADs and coaches of all parties potentially involved (White County, especially), but I have no idea how or why the referee assignor got involved. (or how Whitey knows this, either)."

" Why would the State and head ref assignor talk to the coach from Tullahoma and not to the other coaches from District 7 AAA? He does not have anything at all to do with what happens in our district. Why was the coach from White County at least not told that his team had picked up a win by virtue of the forfeit?"

can any tullahoma players confirm these 2 quotes from another thread is it true or are other people just venting anger

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Supposedly TSSAA and the referee assignor called the Tullahoma coach? I've only read that in this forum. If it happened, that's wrong as well. TSSAA should have informed ADs and coaches of all parties potentially involved (White County, especially), but I have no idea how or why the referee assignor got involved. (or how Whitey knows this, either)."

" Why would the State and head ref assignor talk to the coach from Tullahoma and not to the other coaches from District 7 AAA? He does not have anything at all to do with what happens in our district. Why was the coach from White County at least not told that his team had picked up a win by virtue of the forfeit?"

can any tullahoma players confirm these 2 quotes from another thread is it true or are other people just venting anger

825673031[/snapback]

It would be nice if let us know what you are talking about.

Read the last couple of pages of the District 7AAA forum for the background.

Opinion: I doubt the Tullahoma players have any idea whether TSSAA and the ref assignor called Coach C. Coach C wouldn't tell the players if they had and he wouldn't quash the rumor even if it was untrue. He is focused on tonight's game in Columbia and wants his players to be also.

Personally, I think someone pulled it out of the air and is trying to state it enough times so that people will believe it. It is probably only a clever-conceived fabrication.

Edited by Youngster

Read the last couple of pages of the District 7AAA forum for the background.

Opinion: I doubt the Tullahoma players have any idea whether TSSAA and the ref assignor called Coach C.  Coach C  wouldn't tell the players if they had and he wouldn't quash the rumor even if it was untrue.  He is focused on tonight's game in Columbia and wants his players to be also.

Personally, I think someone pulled it out of the air and is trying to state it enough times so that people will believe it.  It is probably only a clever-conceived fabrication.

825673060[/snapback]

yeah agree with you someone made that up but i know alot of tullahoma players post i just whated to know what they thought about it none of them probably will not see this thread untill late tonight

coach c and coach a are just close friends.  They play in the nashville mens league together.  The state is well aware of the friendship.  Coach C told his players about the situation on Wens day.

825673299[/snapback]

That is a nice explanation and maybe Coach C and Coach A did talk about the situation on or before Wednesday. The point of the other thread is that the head of soccer for TSSAA made a phone call to Coach C and the ref assignor also made a phone to call to Coach C on Wednesday morning to talk with him about what was going on. I talked with the coach of White Co at 1:00 that afternoon and he wanted to know what was going on because he did not know anything about it and was surprised to learn that Riverdale had to forfeit to them and that Cookeville was going to get to play in the championship game. He did not know any of this until I sent him an email telling him that on Wednesday afternoon. This is not blaming Coach C for anything I like him and have no problem with him. The phone calls may have been legitimate, but and if so, there are some of us in district 7 AAA that believe we are owed an explanation of what happened and how it happened and why was a coach in district 8 AAA contacted when the coach(es) in district 7 AAA were not? The by-laws of district 7 AAA calls for the coaches to meet on the Saturday before the tournament to approve the tournament seeding and format. Why was the district 7 AAA coaches' association by-passed by the State in the decision? Just would like to know the answer to some questions that some may think that I have no right to ask but will continue to ask until I get some answers even if it makes some people mad.

That is a nice explanation and maybe Coach C and Coach A did talk about the situation on or before Wednesday.  The point of the other thread is that the head of soccer for TSSAA made a  phone call to Coach C and the ref assignor also made a phone to call to Coach C on Wednesday morning to talk with him about what was going on.  I talked with the coach of White Co at 1:00 that afternoon and he wanted to know what was going on because he did not know anything about it and was surprised to learn that Riverdale had to forfeit to them and that Cookeville was going to get to play in the championship game.  He did not know any of this until I sent him an email telling him that on Wednesday afternoon.  This is not blaming Coach C for anything I like him and have no problem with him.  The phone calls may have been legitimate, but and if so, there are some of us in district 7 AAA that believe we are owed an explanation of what happened and how it happened and why was a coach in district 8 AAA contacted when the coach(es) in district 7 AAA were not?  The by-laws of district 7 AAA calls for the coaches to meet on the Saturday before the tournament to approve the tournament seeding and format.  Why was the district 7 AAA coaches' association by-passed by the State in the decision?  Just would like to know the answer to some questions that some may think that I have no right to ask but will continue to ask until I get some answers even if it makes some people mad.

825673323[/snapback]

okay i am not mad but this has nothing to do with coach c if the state did it. unless you are accusing him of something which would be making a big mess out of a mess. Coach C is just focused on what is ahead he had no part in the decision of who goes on. As for the district 7AAA coaches meeting ask the coaches in district 7AAA but i don't see why someone who isn't a coach would need to know all the information even if he is in district 7

okay i am not mad but this has nothing to do with coach c if the state did it.  unless you are accusing him of something which would be making a big mess out of a mess.  Coach C is just focused on what is ahead he had no part in the decision of who goes on.  As for the district 7AAA coaches meeting ask the coaches in district 7AAA but i don't see why someone who isn't a coach would need to know all the information even if he is in district 7

825673808[/snapback]

Your are right. It has and had nothing to do with Coach C. I am not blaming him or accusing him of anything. Just stating the facts. For your information, I am a coach in District 7 AAA and I am disturbed about what happened and how it happened. Furthermore, I want to know why the State coordinator for soccer and the referee assignor each called a coach in district 8 AAA to discuss what was happening in our tournament and I want to know exactly when they did so and why they did so. It may all have been perfectly legitimate, but why was he contacted and none of us. Not only did they not contact us coaches, but they did not contact my AD who is the TSSAA coordiantor for our district. I had to contact him and tell him what was going on AFTER TSSAA had made their decision and AFTER they had talked with Coach C. You may not think so, but I believe that we in dstrict 7 AAA are owed an explanation and deserve more than to be told to just keep our mouths shut.

Edited by Whitey

Your are right.  It has and had nothing to do with Coach C.  I am not blaming him or accusing him of anything.  Just stating the facts.  For your information, I am a coach in District 7 AAA and I am disturbed about what happened and how it happened.  Furthermore, I want to know why the State coordinator for soccer and the referee assignor each called a coach in district 8 AAA to discuss what was happening in our tournament and I want to know exactly when they did so and why they did so.  It may all have been perfectly legitimate, but why was he contacted and none of us.  Not only did they not contact us coaches, but they did not contact my AD who is the TSSAA coordiantor for our district.  I had to contact him and tell him what was going on AFTER TSSAA had  made their decision and AFTER they had talked with Coach C.  You may not think so, but I believe that we in dstrict 7 AAA are owed an explanation and deserve more than to be told to just keep our mouths shut.

825673846[/snapback]

OK, since Tullahoma and the Tullahoma coach had nothing to do with this except receive some phone calls from TSSAA and some misguided ref assignor, why don't we let this thread die? I doubt TSSAA is going to provide the explanations on CoachT. Please take this up with TSSAA through your AD.

Good luck to Tullahoma, Blackman, Shelbyville and Cookeville in the Region tournament and beyond. Soccer players, concentrate on the last few weeks of the school year and the games taking place on the soccer field and don't be distracted by this unfortunate series of events.

WhiteC, in another thread you said:

Supposedly TSSAA and the referee assignor called the Tullahoma coach? I've only read that in this forum. If it happened, that's wrong as well. TSSAA should have informed ADs and coaches of all parties potentially involved (White County, especially), but I have no idea how or why the referee assignor got involved.

I am not trying to start an arugment with you but is what you said in another thread still what you believe or have you changed your mind? You see, I agree with what you said in the other thread. It is a funny thing when "unfortunate things" happen and someone tries to get to the bottom of it, people will say one thing initially then people start to become uncomfortable when someone continues to ask questions that they don't like. Rather than deal with it, they just want the person to shut up and go away. Which in a very nice way is basicly what you said to me in your last post. Maybe you did not mean it that way, but that is essentially the message. After all, Riverdale's situation does not affect us does it and why should we be concerned about it? It's just their tough luck -- right? Next time it could be you or I is the way that I see it and yes I do plan on discussing this with TSSAA through my AD. Thanks for the good advice -- no, really and sincerely, thanks.