LC vs. Loudon

GKBD15

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it was racial in any way.... more of a compliment saying that you all are a good team and you are what you are. As for class on the LC part.... it is down this year from what I have seen. They play with a great emotion that will take them far. As far as Loudon playing as a team.... in a way they did, but if not for Yoni, or #10 they would of had no offense. As far as the cheap shots, both teams were giving their fair share, but to say that only LC had them is entirely wrong

I don't think it was racial in any way.... more of a compliment saying that you all are a good team and you are what you are.  As for class on the LC part.... it is down this year from what I have seen.  They play with a great emotion that will take them far.  As far as Loudon playing as a team.... in a way they did, but if not for Yoni, or #10 they would of had no offense.  As far as the cheap shots, both teams were giving their fair share, but to say that only LC had them is entirely wrong

825673587[/snapback]

The question of racial was just that - a question, and I thank you for the comment. Our teams have had to deal with many racial slurs both on and off the field, both the high school and the middle school teams. Having to listen to it has been hard, especially when the person making the comment has no idea about the person or persons they are making the comment against.

As far as the comment about Loudon having no offense other than Yoni or Eliseo, a team is not made up of offense alone. We were proud of how we played as a team. And as far as the comment about cheap shots, if you will check my prior post, you will find that I did not say that only LC had them, I said that the ejections were due to cheap shots and not being able to control tempers and mouths. I believe that anyone who was at the game saw the reason for each and every yellow card by both teams. Most all of the yellow cards came through a time of complete frustration. I stand by my conviction that the tone of last night's game was a true disservice to an honorable LC coach and his exceptional reputation. Coach Martin's players (and certainly this did not apply to all of them) should respect him more by allowing him to coach the team through the game, and not allow their temper to open their mouths to any referee.

I stand by my comment that I am very proud of our team and what they have accomplished this year.

Guest LCStriker
It's funny how you sidestep the entire post about how Lenoir City had no class.  What really happened at the game that you are trying to keep from us?

825673523[/snapback]

Had you been there you would have seen that the cheap shots took part on both sides therefore i felt no reason to respond to the whole cheapshot arguement because im sure she just needed something to pin the Loudon loss on such as saying LC gives out a lot of cheap shots.

Had you been there you would have seen that the cheap shots took part on both sides therefore i felt no reason to respond to the whole cheapshot arguement because im sure she just needed something to pin the Loudon loss on such as saying LC gives out a lot of cheap shots.

825673680[/snapback]

I was there, I just wanted to see what pathetic excuse you came up with. Both sides had cheap shots, but LC was the only one yelling at the refs that they didn't do it. :lol:

Lol, The game is over. Yes, LC did get alot of yellow cards, which I can assure you that quite a number of those were not suppost to be be. How can a person make a statement about a team playing like individuals when the team playing like "individuals" kept the ball in the other teams' 18 yard line for at least 70 % of the game? The ball must have gotten there by the means of the whole team starting from defence to fowards and not just by the individual. The class act may not have been there in the beggining of the game but the heart those LC boys showed is good enought to win games. <_<

This is unbelieveable. After seeing some of the Loudon players around town after the game, they are very nice kids. They are taking this loss very well, unlike their FANS. As for the cursing by the coach, that is just ridiculous. He's a good friend of mine and don't you think if he were screaming and yelling curse words, that the cops who were VERY close to the Loudon goal would say something to him? He was never behind the Loudon goalie, probably b/c you aren't allowed to stand there. It was in the 2nd half when he was ejected, so if you, a Loudon fan, could hear him scream then you must have been out of your place. This game is OVER. To Yoni, #10, and the rest of the Loudon players, I wish you luck.

LC played very well as a team offensively against Loudon, they just couldn't finish to save their lives. I don't really see how anyone that watched the game and knows anything about soccer could say LC didn't play as a team. They passed the ball around from touch line to touch line all game and absolutely dominated posession. Loudon just cleared the ball all the time and hoped their forwards got it, and when they did they made plays. I'm not trying to take anything away from Loudon because they have made an incredible turn around the past few years, but LC was the more skilled and better coached team.