Loretto beats Sycamore

loretto_deuce

Every time I saw lorretto play and lamm pitched it seemed that he had so many strike outs because his team couldt come through with the outs so he had to throw k's. This dosnt look like a state team to me... Harpeth shouldt have won that game. If giles through petty it would have been over but thats baseball for ya.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While Lamm did strike out 12, he had good help from his team in the field. 3B Blake Urban had 4 assists, CF Brock Glass caught 2 fly balls, LF Wesley Gobble caught a fly ball, and Catcher Ben Wiseman had 5 assists when throwing to 1st after batters swung at balls in the dirt for the 3rd strike and an assist on a runner caught stealing. On the night, Loretto had 21 put outs, 10 assists, and 1 error for a fielding percentage of .969. That's pretty good in my opinion.

How many hits PageMan? When I was following the blow by blow yesterday, seems that Loretto 'outhit' Sycamore 2 hits to one with both clubs getting an early game bomb and then the double in the 7th that won the game for Loretto. Is that the case? Sounds like 2 good games were played last night. Hard to beat a 2-1 and 3-1 for a baseball purist!

first of loretto deuce, you did nothing tonight so dont get on here and post like you did. secondly, lamm's curveball is filth. im not gonna lie it was a good one. but he fastball was nowhere near dominating so he switched to the curve. i never said sycamore would easily win because lamms one heck of a pitcher as he proved. as for the 10aa has no pitching to match up, it would appear quite the opposite. that wasnt even harpeths #1 and knight threw a heck of a game. even had more k's than mark. but Ws are whats important and he got that. those 2 guys pitched awesome tonight and the only thing that gave lamm the edge was his control. that won them the game. speaking of control i dont recall any wild pitches all night except after the doubler homerun (beanball). but oh well. good luck to harpeth and loretto against southside and milan.

825675307[/snapback]

HLfan... had Sycamore won, you would have gotten on here and ran your mouth and said "told you so". I also find it humerous that before the game, Lamm "couldn't be that good" "Sycamore has seen better" But after he makes them look foolish (besides Doubler) all of a sudden he's "one heck of a pitcher"

.... Ironic huh?? Any way have a nice off season and I'm sure I'll be hearing from you again this time next year. WE'RE ALL IN!!!

actually i wouldnt have gotten on here and said that because i like to think i have a little bit more respect for people than that. i didnt plan on posting at all until you called me out. and find one instance where i said that sycamore had seen better pitching this year or that lamm "couldnt be that good" i never said that because it wasnt true. i believe youre referring to statebound15's comments. but i do feel sorry for the loser wednesday night. it looks like they will have to travel to milan. a tough game for anyone.

One final note: As I was leaving Loretto the other night, I saw Daniel Doubler at the concession stand. I went up to him to congratulate him on his HR. As we talked he mentioned this was his last game for Sycamore since he is a senior. It's always hard in these games where you lose and you're out, but it's particularly tough on senior players. According to my roster Sycamore had 3 seniors: Daniel Doubler, Justin McCain, and Nick Rives. For them, there is no next year as far as Sycamore baseball is concerned. I have known Daniel for at least two or three years and he has always talked with me before our games with them. I think the 1st game he played against us, he had a couple of doubles so I always remembered his name. I guess it was somewhat ironic that in his last at-bat he hit a double that probably should have scored the runner in front of him, but it didn't. In close games like this one, you always look back on what might have been. Thanks, Sycamore seniors, for the exciting games you have provided your fans over the years and good luck in your future endeavors.

One final note: As I was leaving Loretto the other night, I saw Daniel Doubler at the concession stand.  I went up to him to congratulate him on his HR.  As we talked he mentioned this was his last game for Sycamore since he is a senior.  It's always hard in these games where you lose and you're out, but it's particularly tough on senior players.  According to my roster Sycamore had 3 seniors: Daniel Doubler, Justin McCain, and Nick Rives.  For them, there is no next year as far as Sycamore baseball is concerned.  I have known Daniel for at least two or three years and he has always talked with me before our games with them.  I think the 1st game he played against us, he had a couple of doubles so I always remembered his name.  I guess it was somewhat ironic that in his last at-bat he hit a double that probably should have scored the runner in front of him, but it didn't.  In close games like this one, you always look back on what might have been.  Thanks, Sycamore seniors, for the exciting games you have provided your fans over the years and good luck in your future endeavors.

825676464[/snapback]

Sycamore has 4 seniors i do believe PageMan. They are Daniel Doubler, Nick Rives, Justin McCain, and Josh Barksdale. These four players had great senior years, and I want to congradulate them on doin something no other Sycamore baseball team has ever done. Good Job Boys! thumb

sycamores seniors contributed a ton to this year team, in my opinion the best team sycamore has ever had. A ton of talent, leadership, coaching, and kids that love baseball. this was the first year ever that sycamore won the regular season district and won 20 games, also a first. goodluck to all the departing seniors in whatever they do. also goodluck to loretto and harpeth, show everyone how good region 5 is