A/AA Rankings

reaction

Well i just want to say that no LA or LC player or supporter of these teams will ruin this post.  We have all agreed to drop the never ending arguing between us.

I do agree with the top five spots on your post. No offense to BigGExpress but i think FRA should be number one, they seem to be having a great season.  But besides that, i think that the top five are in perfect order, untill someone proves something else on the field.

825675860[/snapback]

No problem. Rankings are great, but they don't win you games. I think FRA is a great team, as well.

I'm glad you and LC worked out your differences!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FRA is no doubt the best team in the state, they play in arguably the best district and pretty much dominated...

fra will play cpa in the region finals, should be another great game; even though they lost 2-0 last time cpa keeps getting better and better each time they play fra, i think theres a good chance it will be these two teams matched up again in the state championship...but thats far off we'll see

I'm glad to see that someone else does not agree with soccerinfo.....those rankings are pretty off.......I think you did a great job on the rankings....I think # 3 and # 4 could go either way as we have discussed. Station Camp and Livingston Thursday will help decide # 3, 4, and 5. I think the top 2 are accurate.....FRA is having a great season...but CAK are reining champs.....and no loss to an a-aa team....right? So they have my vote for 1st.......I can't wait to see how the regions go...seems like every region has a toss up.

Well instead of making a whole new thread i thought i would keep my thread going and just update my rankings..i should of just waited until today to make rankings knowing games were played yesterday but oh well this give me something to do now..so here are my rankings after the region semi final match ups with not too many changes...

1. CAK - 6-2 win over Loudon...Still on the top until someone in 1A can beat them. Next game will be a good one against Lenoir City.

2. FRA - 7-0 win over Harpeth. Still the team to beat in middle Tennessee. Another match with CPA could be interesting. Still the favorite from that area tho.

3. Lenoir City - 2-1 win over Seymour. Still finding a way to win, both close games and blow outs, and even games that they are behind with 10 minutes to go. Watch out CAK this team is ready for you.

4. Livingston Academy - 2-1 win over Springfield. Next game is against Station Camp, the #5 team on my list. Should be a good one. Livingston lost to Station Camp last time they played, but i think the experience with tougher competition like Dobyns Bennett, Oak Ridge, and Lenoir City will give this team the extra push to win the region finals.

5. Station Camp - 3-0 win over Friendship Christian. This teams next match up is with Livingston like i said above. They won the last meeting but now they r going against a more experienced Livingston team going into tourney time. They played Mcminn Co., which is a really good AAA team but it wasnt close. I believe they will fall to Livingston Thursday.

6. Grace Academy - 2-0 win over CSAS. Most people seemed to think the CSAS game was gonan go into overtime. Grace defense seems to be holding strong. Managed to sneak in 2 goals in the last 5 minutes of the game to get the win. Offense is the only question mark on this team. Defense usually holds strong, but sometiems the offense doesnt get much going. Next game is against CCS.

7. CCS - 1-0 win over Boyd Buchanan. Yup i moved CCS up to replace Boyd here. Dont be suprised if this team wins the region. The tough schedule is paying off and they are playing for the coach!. Next game against Grace will be a close one, as all the other games in Chatt. have been all year. I moved them ahead of CPA due to CCS beating CPA in the regular season.

8. CPA - 4-0 win over Sycamore. Next game will be agaisnti rival FRA. Kept it tied the first time around, but have failed to score a goal on them. should be a close game but i dont think they have what it takes to pull out the W. It is hard for a team to beat someone 3 times tho so CPA could suprise us all.

9. Columbia Academy - 5-1 win over Forrest. I still think they play in a weak region and district b/c they r just blowing teams out left adn right. Gotta come through the Chattanooga region to make it to memphis. Should host a sectional game tho. Grace or CCS will be hard to beat if they bring there "A" games.

10. Martin Westview - 2-1 win over Jackson Madison. Looks to be the toughest team out of the west still left. May sneak up on some people and make some noise if they make it to memphis. Impressive record but dont know much about the teams they play.

no one gives ststion camp any respect but that's ok. everyone says we dont diserve #3 b/c we lost to goodpasture but you really can't go by our first 3 or 4 games b/c 4 or 5 of our best players were out due to sickness and injury, and saying we play a weak schdule is totally wrong if you look on info you would see we have one of the best opponet records in aa. the mcminn game we hung with them in the first half the score was 2-1 we started out well in the second half haveing two good chances which may have changed the tempo of the game but you cant really go by that blow out b/c mcminn is#3 in aaa and we lost 6-1 Farragut is #9 or10 in the state and CAK lost 5-1

no one gives ststion camp any respect but that's ok. everyone says we dont diserve #3 b/c we lost to goodpasture but you really can't go by our first 3 or 4 games b/c 4 or 5 of our best players were out due to sickness and injury, and saying we play a weak schdule is totally wrong if you look on info you would see we have one of the best opponet records in aa. the mcminn game we hung with them in the first half the score was 2-1 we started out well in the second half haveing two good chances which may have changed the tempo of the game but  you cant really go by that blow out b/c mcminn is#3 in aaa and we lost 6-1 Farragut is #9 or10 in the state and CAK lost 5-1

825676790[/snapback]

correct me if im wrong but i dont think i ever brought up goodpasture ever. and not getting respect? i think being top 5 in the state is very respectful. and it doenst seem to be that strong of a soccer area for the fact that 9 of ur wins came from teams with losing records..but i could be wrong, maybe u will suprise me. and if u read my post u would see it said experience with tougher competition

Edited by reaction

did you say livingston is more expeienced than station camp. station camp has 9 seniors i dont now how many livinston has but in sure its not more than station camp

825676792[/snapback]

Stop disgracing yourself by talking about things that you know nothing about. And for you information LA has 10 yeah thats right 10 Seniors. and if you don't believe me check the roster. i can call out there numbers now. 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-14-15

Check it out for yourself.. :blink: