Pigeon Forge vs. Unicoi Co.

SCARfan1624

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who plays Unicoi will get screwed! They don't let their playing decide games, they rely on it getting dark "just in time" and their fans throwing rocks on the field to the opposing players. And anyone who argues with me is a liar, I've witnessed it. Good luck PF, but if Unicoi gets to play their way, then you won't have a chance.

Anyone who plays Unicoi will get screwed! They don't let their playing decide games, they rely on it getting dark "just in time" and their fans throwing rocks on the field to the opposing players. And anyone who argues with me is a liar, I've witnessed it. Good luck PF, but if Unicoi gets to play their way, then you won't have a chance.

825676671[/snapback]

I agree that South Greene got screwed, but I don't think a coach with the class of Unicoi's Charlie Baxter had anything to do with it other than complaining about not having enough light before they came to bat. I was there with a few friends and did not see any "abuse" of players. If anyone screwed SG, it was Maness with TSSAA. The game should have been finished Tuesday and not reverted back to the 5th inning score of 1-0. That was the only screwing I saw.

The game was played very clean and hard by both clubs with the pitchers controlling the game. If I had to complain, it would be concerning the strike zone and positioning of the field umpires. Apparently they had never worked a three man crew. The calls behind the plate were inconsistant for both teams and did not affect the outcome of the game....... that was handled by the TSSAA corps in Hermitage, TN.

South Greene and Unicoi played a heck of a game, but if I were Frank (SGs coach.. don't know his last name) I would.......... well, just what can you do with a stupid decision like that? The next games were to be played WED. so the 6th and 7th inning could have been played Tues with no problems other than travel for SG. I'm sure they would have been up to it. Tough luck and undeserved but both teams showed class during the game.

PF should be able to handle Unicoi were ever they play. PF 6 Unicoi 4

I agree that South Greene got screwed, but I don't think a coach with the class of Unicoi's Charlie Baxter had anything to do with it other than complaining about not having enough light before they came to bat. I was there with a few friends and did not see any "abuse" of players. If anyone screwed SG, it was Maness with TSSAA. The game should have been finished Tuesday and not reverted back to the 5th inning score of 1-0. That was the only screwing I saw.

The game was played very clean and hard by both clubs with the pitchers controlling the game. If I had to complain, it would be concerning the strike zone and positioning of the field umpires. Apparently they had never worked a three man crew. The calls behind the plate were inconsistant for both teams and did not affect the outcome of the game.......    that was handled by the TSSAA corps in Hermitage, TN.

South Greene and Unicoi played a heck of a game, but if I were Frank (SGs coach.. don't know his last name) I would..........    well, just what can you do with a stupid decision like that? The next games were to be played WED. so the 6th and 7th inning could have been played Tues with no problems other than travel for SG. I'm sure they would have been up to it. Tough luck and undeserved but both teams showed class during the game.

PF should be able to handle Unicoi were ever they play.  PF 6  Unicoi 4

825676992[/snapback]

Excellent post by GLee.

For those who would think for a second that they should accuse Coach Baxter of doing something like that are either...

1. Ignorant of who Coach Baxter is (4-time State Champion, one of the top 5 winniest coaches ever in tn, highly respected by just about everyone who has competed against him).

2. Stupid.

Which of the 2 possibilities fit the couple of defamatory posters above? I will give you a break and claim that it is #1. Don't prove me wrong.

"Read the rules"....are you serious? Take whatever position you want on Baxter, but anyone, and I mean anyone who is passionate about their team and went through what South Greene went through would have gone bezerk! I don't follow S-G, and I'm not sure I've ever been there more than maybe once. Still, I know a good corn cobbing when I see one, and this thing stinks to high heaven......sounds like poetic justice got served tonight.

"

This coming from someone that posts mostly in girls basketball. You could start a <a  style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=hardware%20store" onmouseover="window.status='hardware store'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">hardware store</a> with the screws that have come out of S.Greene. Next stop Camp Creek!

Don't try to take away from a good game with remarks that reflect mostly of your ignorance. Read the rules.

825677165[/snapback]

"Read the rules"....are you serious?  Take whatever position you want on Baxter, but anyone, and I mean anyone who is passionate about their team and went through what South Greene went through would have gone bezerk!  I don't follow S-G, and I'm not sure I've ever been there more than maybe once.  Still, I know a good corn cobbing when I see one, and this thing stinks to high heaven......sounds like poetic justice got served tonight.

"

825677185[/snapback]

There definately was a screwing, but it was done by Gene Maness of the TSSAA. The Devils and the Rebels played a great game but it should not have ended like that. Maness should resign. AND no, I'm not a Unicoi or a SG fan, but a fan of good baseball itself.

With that game aside, the team that should have advanced, did. Pigeon Forge.

My team has played against both of these teams this year and both are very good 2A teams. I think Pigeon Forge has the upper hand in this game from what I've seen this year. They both can swing the sticks, but if Cannon is on the mound for PF, it will be tough for Unicoi to pull this one out.