Walker Valley vs Hixon ?

highcheese

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

highcheese Posted Today, 12:12 PM

They only hope Lipscomb throws the big lefty. If they have to face Lipscomb's ace, Taylor Merry it could be a tough game for Hixson.

At this point in the season, the State Sectionals, all of the games are tough. All the teams still playing are obviously pretty good or they wouldn't still be playing.

Hixson will have a pretty good pitcher of their own going and if the defense can be solid, the hitting will be there. Hixson is 1-0 versus Lipscomb in the only time they have played them, so I doubt they will be intimidated. The last time Hixson played Lipscomb, Lipscomb was #1 in the State and Hixson beat them 3-0.

MY WILDCATS!

Lipscomb will have a nice 1-2 punch with Brock or Merry. They are different style pitchers & if one gets in trouble the other can come in be very effective. Last year they started Merry against Walker Valley & then went to Brock to shut it down. Not sure who Lipscomb will start. Last year Lipscomb beat Smalley at Hixson in the Chattanooga Pounder Tourney. Smalley will want some revenge. Lipscomb has tons of post season experience. We'll see if Hixson can handle the pressure on this game. Should be a great game.

At this point in the season, the State Sectionals, all of the games are tough.  All the teams still playing are obviously pretty good or they wouldn't still be playing.

Hixson will have a pretty good pitcher of their own going and if the defense can be solid, the hitting will be there.  Hixson is 1-0 versus Lipscomb in the only time they have played them, so I doubt they will be intimidated.  The last time Hixson played Lipscomb, Lipscomb was #1 in the State and Hixson beat them 3-0. 

MY WILDCATS!

825677788[/snapback]

Lipscomb beat Hixson last year ('04) in the Chatt. Pounder Tourney. They beat Smalley. Dont remember the score though.

Not Merry or Brock shut down Walker Valley.  The Score was 9-8.

825677822[/snapback]

You are right. I shouldnt have said shut down. If my memory serves me right I think Brock came in about the 6th & shut them down. It was a great ballgame & I look for Hixson to come in & give Lipscomb all they can handle. Good luck.