UNICOI COUNTY 1 ALCOA 0

cyclones_nightmare

IF THE BEST COACH IN THE STATE WAS THERE, THEY SHOULD KNOW THE RULES THEN. YOU HAVE TO RUN ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BASE LINE AND NOT ON THE INSIDE.AND BESIDES THE RUNNER THAT WENT HOME WAS OUT, BECAUSE SHE RAN INTO THE CATCHER WITH THE BALL. IT WAS A GOOD GAME ON BOTH SIDES EVEN THOUGH A PARENT FROM ALCOA SIDE SAID THAT THEY GOT BEAT BY A TEAM THAT COULD'NT PLAY BALL. I THINK THE SCORE SPEAKS FOR ITSELF.

825678278[/snapback]

The score speaks for itself?? I guess you're right, it tells me that Unicoi can't score unless they are given a run....and they can't win unless its handed to them

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The score speaks for itself??  I guess you're right, it tells me that Unicoi can't score unless they are given a run....and they can't win unless its handed to them

825678491[/snapback]

first, i would like to thank alcoa for giving unicoi the winning run. i'm sure the lady devils appreciate it.

second...the runner hit the firstbaseman while she was attempting to catch the ball. THAT IS INTERENCE. the same call has been made AGAINST erwin multiple times this year. and again...it was the homeplate umpire's call since the umpire in the field was covering the field from the third base side. i hate to see the game end the way it, i truly do. but all this complaining and bad-mouthing WILL NOT change anything.

alcoa had a great year. i tip my hat to them. but please....let's not be childish. let's not hold it against people from erwin for supporting their girls. there are a lot of girls' teams that don't get any support at all. i think it should be pretty obvious that the bleachers around the field get filled up rather quickly, and since there is an open area around the fence in the outfield...the solution to the lack of seating is obvious.

PLEASE GET OVER THIS. WE CAN'T CHANGE ANYTHING. IT'S DONE. LET'S GO ON WITH OUR LIVES AND BE RESPECTFUL. SOMETIMES THE BALL DOES NOT BOUNCE IN OUR FAVOR. WE'RE ALL HUMAN.

Does anyone know anything about the rules??  The homeplate umpire CANNOT call interference on a baserunner unless the ball hits her, in this case the ball wasn't even close to the runner. I guess I made a mistake, an umpire can make that call when he clearly wants one team to win over the other.

The Unicoi girls did play well, they did what they had to do to manufacture a run.  BUT anyone who was watching that game would know that the Alcoa girls were coming back in the 7th (they actually scored the run), but the umpire ripped their season from them.

Not taking anything away from Unicoi, you played hard, so go play your two games in Memphis and have fun.... Don't throw it in the Alcoa girls faces and say you beat them fair and square.  The only thing I saw fair about that game was that the homeplate umpire actually called the same strike zone through 7 innings, but then he blew the call to end the game.

And as far as Alcoa leaving their bus up there for you all to take.... They would've but they figured Unicoi would just load the girls up in big trucks and take them muddin' before they went to memphis.

825678480[/snapback]

I have one question for you KTA... If the game had went your way and this was Unicoi making all this fuss and crying because there team didn't win you know you would be telling us it was a fair game there was interference blah blah blah.... You all thought you was coming up here to run all over Unicoi and that didn't happen GET OVER IT.... And who is throwing anything in the Alcoa girls face the played hard and yes they are a good team it's some of the parents that cant get over it... Some of your all's parents even came over to our side and told us not to judge them by the way some of the parent's was acting on your side.... You all over looked Unicoi and that was your first MISTAKE..... But I will ask you to stop trashing our girls like saying go play your two games and have fun cause if they go there to play ball we will have fun playing 4 games.....

Does anyone know anything about the rules??  The homeplate umpire CANNOT call interference on a baserunner unless the ball hits her, in this case the ball wasn't even close to the runner. I guess I made a mistake, an umpire can make that call when he clearly wants one team to win over the other.

The Unicoi girls did play well, they did what they had to do to manufacture a run.  BUT anyone who was watching that game would know that the Alcoa girls were coming back in the 7th (they actually scored the run), but the umpire ripped their season from them.

Not taking anything away from Unicoi, you played hard, so go play your two games in Memphis and have fun.... Don't throw it in the Alcoa girls faces and say you beat them fair and square.  The only thing I saw fair about that game was that the homeplate umpire actually called the same strike zone through 7 innings, but then he blew the call to end the game.

And as far as Alcoa leaving their bus up there for you all to take.... They would've but they figured Unicoi would just load the girls up in big trucks and take them muddin' before they went to memphis.

825678480[/snapback]

I would like to say congratulations to the ladys in blue for a great season. You all have played hard all year, and never given up. Thats the sign of a true champion. You girls EARN everything you get, and deserve everything you have accomplished thus far. Its funny how all the other parents, teams, media, and even coaches who's teams you pound buy 19 runs, that have showed you no respect, and said you werent that good, are now sittin at home, thinking about next season, and reading newspaper clippings about how the Lady Devils are still goin strong. We will be sure to wave at everyone who doubted us on the way to the state tournament. Good luck in Memphis girls. Bring the state championship back where it belongs!!

The score speaks for itself??  I guess you're right, it tells me that Unicoi can't score unless they are given a run....and they can't win unless its handed to them

825678491[/snapback]

Your right the score does speak for it's self Alcoa made an error so on that error Unicoi score's and wins so thank you

I have no reply to fans that cannot help but show their worst side...

...as to the girls from both schools, I think that both of these teams had very good seasons. Alcoa will be getting their pitcher back for next and some sticks, so expect them to be coming back full force. Unicoi still has a shot a state, and I will have to be honest in stating that it's a pretty good shot.

...a well played game by both teams, also noting that umpires have no effect on the level of play that the girls from both teams exhibited.

I have no reply to fans that cannot help but show their worst side...

...as to the girls from both schools, I think that both of these teams had very good seasons.  Alcoa will be getting their pitcher back for next and some sticks, so expect them to be coming back full force.  Unicoi still has a shot a state, and I will have to be honest in stating that it's a pretty good shot.

...a well played game by both teams, also noting that umpires have no effect on the level of play that the girls from both teams exhibited.

825678705[/snapback]

thank you...finally someone else who does not enjoy bashing schools, teams, players, and towns. i think sometimes we get so caught up in being competitive that we allow ourselves to act childish.

Fair and Square??  It WILL be fair and square at the state because Unicoi won't be able to take THEIR umpires with them  (You don't end a sectional championship with the homeplate umpire OVER-RULING the field umpire on an interference call with no contact!!!)  GOOD LUCK WITH REAL UMPIRES!!!

When the best coach in the state is in the stands and makes it known that is the "worst call she's seen in her coaching career"...maybe we should take another look at fair and square

825678178[/snapback]

!!!I DO AGREE!!! BEST coach in state was there in fact if she said it was a bad call it sure was a bad call!!FAIR AND SQUARE??? Wow thats so not true that was a HORRIBLE call at 1st base by the Home plate umpire!! The Ball NEVER even touched Alcoa's runner!! There was no inference what so ever! And if people are saying that Alcoa's runner ran into and just about knocked the 1st baseman down and thats whats its about in that case Alcoa's runner was very small and couldnt see how she could knock the 1st baseman down, 1st baseman just lost control of the ball!!! And when they saw Alcoa's run score at the plate UC had to do something cause they were scared So their umpires helped them out!!! And as far as the umpires go why did they just run off the field and not explain the call??? seems like a debate there! Not to good of calls... :) And as far as leaving Alcoa's charter bus for UC... dont think that would ever happen cause At least Alcoa went home knowing they have class and didnt cheat there way through it!!! good luck ladies!! B)

Being a coach doesn't make one a good umpire. If the coach is so good why wasn't she at home practicing her team? Could it be they have already been put out or doesn't have a team.

Read the rules! Ball doesn't have to touch runner. If runner is in the playing field it is interference regardless. Put herself between the 1st baseman and the ball being thrown to her is an interference violation. Before you or the so called coach say anything about the rules it would be best if you knew them.

As to the debate. Read the rule book. a judgement call is a rule that is not open to debate.

Open your eyes and don't be so stupid. Accusing someone of cheating is as low of a sore loser as one can get. The Lady Devils nor their coaches neither had one thing to do with that call. The ump made the call as soon as it happened.

Please post your address and I personally will send you the newpaper clippings from the state tournament. Wish I could say wish you were going but I wouldn't want you to get lonesome because nobody would want to be around a pathetic whiner like you.

825678822[/snapback]

WOW!! True competitor!!! Well we will wait and see who wins state!! News Flash Oh ya Tha coaches team is in state.. And hey did i ever say i wanted to see the state tournament clippings thats old... Maybe you should have open your eyes!!! THATS THE POINT RUNNER WASNT IN PLAYING FIELD!! there ya go... But everyone still knows it was a bad call! thank you!! have a nice day.. thumb

I am just hoping that this is only fans doing the cutthroat stuff. Even though that would be even sadder, because what type of an example does that set for the kids that are actually playing the game? Please remember that this is for the kids, sometimes we lose track of that. And also, try to not let your own negative actions take away from the positive things that your daughters, nieces, etc. have accomplished this season. Best of luck to the Unicoi County Lady Blue Devils...

unbelievable so of the posts regarding this game!!!! and so much childish bickering.

many games have calls that are debatable. everyone, fans, coachs, players, can get caught up in the moment and not agree with a call. from the posts about this game, the umpires were from erwin, knoxville or somewhere else, many posters have different opinions on that! one post also indicates that the alcoa girl was running to first in fair territory which is a violation, if that was what the umpire at home plate saw, that is what he is to call. coaches (including those in the stands) and fans may not have seen that. if you watch a major league game, the officials/umpires leave right after the game, they don't explain anything to anyone. it's to bad that tssaa only sends 2 to a game, which in many situations causes questionable calls. accept the calls and get on with your life.

i'm not an umpire, don't want to be. many of the posts on this topic indicate that several of you should be or want to be.

apply for it, take the grief if you can.

i bet you can't walk on water