Mccallie

MUSOWLS#7

I've never seen so many excuses in one post. Hey, you lost, accept it. The manner with which you just posted is an embarassment to you and your team, I'm sure they would be disappointed if they were to read it. On another note, I hope your injured players are all-right. Can anyone who was at the game tell me how the game went, possession, shots on goal, assists, goals, etc.

Edited by pbandy

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen so many excuses in one post.  Hey, you lost, accept it.  The manner with which you just posted is an embarassment to you and your team, I'm sure they would be disappointed if they were to read it.  On another note, I hope your injured players are all-right.  Can anyone who was at the game tell me how the game went, possession, shots on goal, assists, goals, etc.

825682410[/snapback]

From chattanoogan.com My Webpage

I don't think it's complete because it didn't mention that half of MUS' team was injured, they had a red card the game before, their shoes didn't fit right, their goalie forgot his lucky gloves and, most importantly, they never got to watch a film of McCallie.

Edited by soccerpro1

not really since we were without 3 starters due to injury and that bogus red card in the regional finals(2 of which are defenders and we really only have 4 good defenders) but that's the way the cookie crumbles. I am proud of my teammates and feel bad for the seniors because i think at full strength we could have gotten back to the finals. Good luck to Mccallie :)  although i think it will be a Father Ryan win and big (aka with all of our players we more than likely would have won). I dont want to sound like a sore loser though. You guys caught a break and took advantage so congrats again; however, just kicking long balls down the field won't work against a full strength Father Ryan team.

825682301[/snapback]

Wow! Couldn't you just say, "MUS had a bad day" or "McCallie had a great game" or almost anything other than what you said? You may not want to sound like a sore loser, but if the shoe fits.... I doubt Coach Beck taught his team to respond like this to a loss. McCallie, by the way, isn't exactly a no-name, no-talent team that had their one lucky game just yesterday. The Tornado had a great season including a 4-2 win over Father Ryan--something only one other team was able to do. Bottom line, congratulations to the MUS team for a very fine season, but, you (and I don't mean MUS) have no business demeaning McCallie or, for that matter, anyone else.

Edited by hoya75

Kind of wierd thread to begin with. For what it's worth, McCallie was ranked above MUS, beat ECS (which earlier in the year tied MUS), and beat Father Ryan. If anything, except for a home field (Memphis) advantage, McCallie should have been favored anyway.

FR will be very tough to beat twice in a row. If I leave now, I can make Memphis in 6 hours. If I lived in Elizabethton, I could be in Toronto sooner! Move the Spring Fling back East!

Edited by uncfan13

Kind of wierd thread to begin with. For what it's worth, McCallie was ranked above MUS, beat ECS (which earlier in the year tied MUS), and beat Father Ryan. If anything, except for a home field (Memphis) advantage, McCallie should have been favored anyway.

FR will be very tough to beat twice in a row. If I leave now, I can make Memphis in 6 hours. If I lived in Elizabethton, I could be in Toronto sooner! Move the Spring Fling back East!

825682443[/snapback]

Amen.

Hoya, having graduated in '75 you must surely be retirement age and free to travel to Memphis!  Next year I'm taking leave time, going to Memphis and watching every game I can.  I'd be much happier if Spring Fling comes back east, however.

825682510[/snapback]

I didn't graduate in '75 and I'm far from ready for or worthy of retirement. Nevertheless, it's the first time I've missed the tournament in 5 years and I am sorry I am missing it. I, too, think the tournament needs to either move to the Middle every year or rotate to the East every three years. The drive from UpperEast Tn. to Memphis is nearly the same as a drive to Philadelphia, Pa. That really is a heavy travel and cost burden to place on the East teams every year. For soccer, though, it will be very difficult to compete with the Mike Rose Complex. Even when its not at its best, it beats the soccer facilities in East Tennessee badly and these games deserve proper fields.

I didn't graduate in '75 and I'm far from ready for or worthy of retirement.  Nevertheless, it's the first time I've missed the tournament in 5 years and I am sorry I am missing it.  I, too, think the tournament needs to either move to the Middle every year or rotate to the East every three years.  The drive from UpperEast Tn. to Memphis is nearly the same as a drive to Philadelphia, Pa.  That really is a heavy travel and cost burden to place on the East teams every year.  For soccer, though, it will be very difficult to compete with the Mike Rose Complex.  Even when its not at its best, it beats the soccer facilities in East Tennessee badly and these games deserve proper fields.

825682541[/snapback]

Does East Tennessee have any fields ( complex ) at all that is capable of holding the state?

Does East Tennessee have any fields ( complex ) at all that is capable of holding the state?

825682561[/snapback]

There are fields that are just as good or better than those at Mike Rose, but, in my opinion, the East has no complex nearly as good. There are some extremely fine, full-sized fields, but they are scattered. In Chattanooga, CCS, McCallie, Baylor, GPS and Finley all have excellent full-sized fields that are every bit a good as Mike Rose. The same is true in Knoxville with the UT Women's complex (2 fields), Webb & CAK. The problem I see is that it would be difficult to get all three divisions playing at one location as has been done in Memphis. I don't think Knoxville's US Cellular complex is nearly good enough. Redoubt in Chattanooga isn't either and I just don't know about Chattanooga's Camp Jordan although I understand it is under renovation. A move to the East for soccer will probably mean multiple venues for the tournament.

I think you misunderstand me. We didn't play well at all and that's all our fault, but with that said we were shorthanded. Props to Mccallie for taking advantage of our lackluster play but i think Father Ryan has your number, and I will be very surprised if Mccallie wins. Also, I am not the only one connected with MUS soccer that thinks at full strength we win 8 or 9 times out of 10 against Mccallie. If that makes you think that we are jerks or something fine we will join the club because i can name at least 2 other schools in division 2 soccer who are bigger jerks and dirtier players than we are.

There are fields that are just as good or better than those at Mike Rose, but, in my opinion, the East has no complex nearly as good.  There are some extremely fine, full-sized fields, but they are scattered.  In Chattanooga, CCS, McCallie, Baylor, GPS and Finley all have excellent full-sized fields that are every bit a good as Mike Rose.  The same is true in Knoxville with the UT Women's complex (2 fields), Webb & CAK.  The problem I see is that it would be difficult to get all three divisions playing at one location as has been done in Memphis.  I don't think Knoxville's US Cellular complex is nearly good enough.  Redoubt in Chattanooga isn't either and I just don't know about Chattanooga's Camp Jordan although I understand it is under renovation.  A move to the East for soccer will probably mean multiple venues for the tournament.

825682567[/snapback]

The city has made a sizable committment to Camp Jordan for additional soccer fields and upgrading existing fields. Memphis' advantage is the best dirt in the world for growing grass quickly. To build the equivalent of a Mike Rose in Chatt or Knox would cost three times as much after you removed rock and brought in good dirt - probably from Memphis. They haven't found a rock in Memphis for decades. They discovered a hill and made a

Look at the map of the US. Windsor Canada is 50 miles closer to Elizabethton than Memphis is as the crow flies.