AAA state

weaveworld

Please read. I did not say any of those teams are weak. You won't here that from me. I said the argument about their schedule making them better than teams in the other parts of the state is a weak argument.

BTW, there were six MidTN teams in the state semi finals. Three of them will be playing for championships. This is a higher percentage than any other region.

825683061[/snapback]

True, The proof is on the field. Looks like Middle TN is showing their talent this year. It shifts evey couple of years. When i started watching the 85 Select teams in the mid 90's Brentwood teams dominated. Then it moved to Chattanooga and then to Knoxville. During those years Hendersonville and the Germantown areas also had good teams.

These areas are still the Hot beds of Soccer.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Population size does matter, but how do you explain the success of Greeneville - a town of 15,000 and a AA size school which plays up to AAA and whose players are usually spread between 2-3 varsity sports. The girls varsity last year started 1 Senior, 1 Junior and the rest Soph. and Freshman. They went to Sub-State eventually losing to #2 Farragut. Recently the girls U-16 club (essentially the upcoming Varsity squad minus a Senior plus an 8th grader) won the Div.2 state title going 4-0 and outscoring the opposition 29-1. This year's boys varsity went 14-2-1 losing in the Regionals with their main offensive player running on 1 leg due to a hamstring tear to a team they previously beat. It would have been good to see them play Bearden in the Sectionals. Fact is - sometimes chemistry and a love for the game transcends logic.

Population size does matter, but how do you explain the success of Greeneville - a town of 15,000 and a AA size school which plays up to AAA and whose players are usually spread between 2-3 varsity sports. The girls varsity last year started 1 Senior, 1 Junior and the rest Soph. and Freshman. They went to Sub-State eventually losing to #2 Farragut. Recently the girls U-16 club (essentially the upcoming Varsity squad minus a Senior plus an 8th grader) won the Div.2 state title going 4-0 and outscoring the opposition 29-1. This year's boys varsity went 14-2-1 losing in the Regionals with their main offensive player running on 1 leg due to a hamstring tear to a team they previously beat. It would have been good to see them play Bearden in the Sectionals. Fact is - sometimes chemistry and a love for the game transcends logic.

825683657[/snapback]

I explain it as a small town success story. I miss the days of great athelets playing more than one sport in High School.

bhs, I believe your theory is flawed. In Knoxville, as in Nashville, there is very little cross-over of other sports into soccer. Most, if not all of Farragut's soccer team are soccer-only athletes. The only Farragut player in the past few years to play anything BUT soccer was Aaron Doyle, and he only kicked and punted for the football team his senior year. I imagine Bearden is pretty much in the same boat.

The talent in Tennessee ebbs and flows from section to section. A few years back the Memphis area teams were strong in both club and TSSAA. The past 4-5 years, Knoxville has seen a tremendous amount of club-level talent go through mainly Bearden and Farragut, with some fine talent at LC, CAK, and Catholic. Maybe the talent pool is ebbing toward the mid-State...we'll see.

bhs, I believe your theory is flawed.  In Knoxville, as in Nashville, there is very little cross-over of other sports into soccer.  Most, if not all of Farragut's soccer team are soccer-only athletes.  The only Farragut player in the past few years to play anything BUT soccer was Aaron Doyle, and he only kicked and punted for the football team his senior year.  I imagine Bearden is pretty much in the same boat.

The talent in Tennessee ebbs and flows from section to section.  A few years back the Memphis area teams were strong in both club and TSSAA.  The past 4-5 years, Knoxville has seen a tremendous amount of club-level talent go through mainly Bearden and Farragut, with some fine talent at LC, CAK, and Catholic.  Maybe the talent pool is ebbing toward the mid-State...we'll see.

825683791[/snapback]

that's cool.

I explain it as a small town success story.  I miss the days of great athelets playing more than one sport in High School.

825683662[/snapback]

i believe that you need to check your stats now, because brentwood beat farragut 1-0 and won their state final, and father ryan won their state final, both of which are teams from middle tennessee, actually about 15 minutes down the road from eachother. so the strength in schedule is bullcrap. seems to me like middle tennessee ran over all the other sections in the state tournament.

bhs, I believe your theory is flawed.  In Knoxville, as in Nashville, there is very little cross-over of other sports into soccer.  Most, if not all of Farragut's soccer team are soccer-only athletes.  The only Farragut player in the past few years to play anything BUT soccer was Aaron Doyle, and he only kicked and punted for the football team his senior year.  I imagine Bearden is pretty much in the same boat.

The talent in Tennessee ebbs and flows from section to section.  A few years back the Memphis area teams were strong in both club and TSSAA.  The past 4-5 years, Knoxville has seen a tremendous amount of club-level talent go through mainly Bearden and Farragut, with some fine talent at LC, CAK, and Catholic.  Maybe the talent pool is ebbing toward the mid-State...we'll see.

825683791[/snapback]

i appolgize for my previous post. it was meant for this person. my bad rigger101

Great season Bearden! You've played hard all year and have a lot to be proud of. Congratulations to Coaches Turner and Radcliffe and the Bulldogs for another great year.

Thanks alot i really thought we were going all the way, but hendersonville took it to us, im sad that they lost in the end but hey its a great accomplishment to get there and i hear they have a young team but im not sure so maybe there will be a rematch next year cya then H'ville

Great season Bearden! You've played hard all year and have a lot to be proud of. Congratulations to Coaches Turner and Radcliffe and the Bulldogs for another great year.

Thanks alot i really thought we were going all the way, but hendersonville took it to us, im sad that they lost in the end but hey its a great accomplishment to get there and i hear they have a young team but im not sure so maybe there will be a rematch next year cya then H'ville

825684780[/snapback]

Too bad Farragut and Bearden cannot turn the Success of their spring sports programs into football success at the same level in the fall.