Tenor of this Board

Kapman4

Some things that I have been noticing around this board lately:

Redtwin just had to close a whole topic because of the angry vitriol being spewed by some players. The very fact that some of you feel the need to stamp around the board as "King of the Hill" is actually the saddest thing. I mean, I come here in good fun and sometimes like gently ribbing other posters with (what I hope is always seen as) good humor. If anyone here feels I do more than this, I'm sorry, because, if you actually know me, I'm really mellow and don't feel the need to "prove" myself to anybody.

I personally feel happy for whichever team won the title this year. I think everyone needs to take a step back and see what a jerk you can look like when you let this stuff get too serious. I mean for goodness sakes, Lacrosse is an awesome sport, but we're just talking about lax here, not actually playing it.

My biggest problem is what I see as a lot of anger and retaliation. Now, gloating a little bit is fine, but no one should feel the need to rub anybody's nose in what happened on the field, its bad sportsmanship.

I know I seem like I'm picking just McCallie players, but I'm really not. Its just a general tone I detected on this board which really has gotten much worse after the Finals. Most of the sniping seems to be much less humorous, and just much more reactionary, and it makes it not fun to post.

Anyway, shouldn't we all just be picking on DII anyway? I mean, those guys stink.

The board has been a little catty recently, but I think that just comes with the competitive nature of the sport. Between the championships, all state teams, and all americans, there's plenty of material to get fired up about. It'll probably blow over in a week or so.

Yeah...that brings up a good point.

I think it is ridiculous how people feel the need to nag and complain about the teams who won, or the all-american players. Like kaplan said, that is terrible sportsmanship, and plus, those who won, deserved to win.

For example, somebody (im not mentionaing any names) posted all of the people who deserve all american honors more than sam sawyer(#19 from MUS) and why. That is sooooo pathetic because I know personally, because i am a mccallie boarder from memphis and used to go to MUS, that sam sawyer works his BUTT of everyday, and he deserved every ounce of that title. I know people are upset because they got "screwed" out of getting All-state or All- American honors, but if you didnt get it that means your coach doesn't think you deserve it, and you should get out there and make it happen.

I'm going to do you all a favor and stop preaching now.

H-pup

Yeah...that brings up a good point.

I think it is ridiculous how people feel the need to nag and complain about the teams who won, or the all-american players. Like kaplan said, that is terrible sportsmanship, and plus, those who won, deserved to win.

For example, somebody (im not mentionaing any names) posted all of the people who deserve all american honors more than sam sawyer(#19 from MUS) and why. That is sooooo pathetic because I know personally, because i am a mccallie boarder from memphis and used to go to MUS, that sam sawyer works his BUTT of everyday, and he deserved every ounce of that title. I know people are upset because they got "screwed" out of getting All-state or All- American honors, but if you didnt get it that means your coach doesn't think you deserve it, and you should get out there and make it happen.

I'm going to do you all a favor and stop preaching now.

H-pup

825680464[/snapback]

In the all-state choosing, a coach does not vote for his own players. Then all the other coaches' votes are added up to make the choices. So each all state player is elected by the other team's coaches

In the all-state choosing, a coach does not vote for his own players.  Then all the other coaches' votes are added up to make the choices.  So each all state player is elected by the other team's coaches

825680485[/snapback]

oh...right

Well, to correct myself...

If you were good enough to be recognized by the other coaches, then you would have been picked.

Thanks Fratdaddy

Hpup

ya guys kapman said it right. No on needs to be hatin on other people. I don't know what AndrewJ said, but thats not like him. just don't hate on anyone D1 or DII.

825683559[/snapback]

Yah I would like to know what he said also, hes a friend of mine.